This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
    This is really starting to concern me. Were most likely going to have to play a strong running team in the first matchup, we need a healthy Dline.
    Remember, the Pats had to deal with pretty decent running teams the last 4 weeks of the season without the #1 reason they became so good at stopping it this year... The Eye Gouger's back! I think his return has been soooo underrated, and definitely understated.

The Pats have dealt with injuries along the DL all year long, and while they'd be a ton better without the injuries, they've shown they get get **** done. They had some trouble without Spikes, though. Glad to get Pryor back. He's a huge upgrade over the fill-ins the Pats have used over the past few weeks. I love having a bye, but hate that we have to wait until next week to watch possibly my favorite Patriots team ever.

At least I get to watch the Chiefs this weekend (I also have to root for the Jets - FML)... And Babylon has his Seahawks... Sorry everyone else!
    Last edited by nepg; 01-07-2011, 06:58 PM.

Comment

• Guyton is what he is; a good player in doses. In our system, anyway. Spikes adds so much more in terms of stuffing the run. Really helps mitigate the loss of Brace. Plus we get Deaderick back, who did outplay Brace down the stretch.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• What do you mean we get Deadrick back? He's suspended for the 1st game we play, no?
        Makes no sense to suspend him for the off week.
        I agree that Spikes back is a major plus. So is Pryor. Upgrade there, for sure
        -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Suspension is just lifted, I guess. Wasn't an NFL job, internal thing. So it just never happened, basically.

Matt Light named to the Pro-Bowl as an alternate, proving that the system is an absolute joke.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Interesting article on the culture of the locker room right now;

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/f...ts#articleFull

Gotta love grilling Shawn Springs and AT. Springs left a bad taste in my mouth after watching him on TV. He was asked to talk about the Patriots and you could just taste the contempt.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Yup... simply put... "In Bill We Trust"

Comment

• Go Chiefs, and Colts. I'd rather see the Jets lose and leave now and then the Colts get handled by the steelers. I'd love to play KC.

Originally posted by WMD
                Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                Originally posted by gpngc
                I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• KC....eh. No. Not them. We've struggled traditionally against teams familiar with our personnel and system. Indy I could deal with. Jets I could deal with. Don't want any part of the Ravens.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I want no parts of Colts and Ravens. I'm confident in blowouts on the rest. We rock :)

Comment

• Old news, but Vince is on the SI cover.

Don't like the thing at the bottom though :/

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• **** Peter King. I hate that guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                          KC....eh. No. Not them. We've struggled traditionally against teams familiar with our personnel and system. Indy I could deal with. Jets I could deal with. Don't want any part of the Ravens.
                          Yeah, apart from other reasons, I see the Chiefs as the worst match-up for the Pats. They have a really good secondary, and can do what the Browns did on defense (or better) while having a more dynamic offense of their own.

This Patriots team thrives against aggressive defenses and QBs who panic when they have to go through more than 2 progressions.

Comment

• Crennel can do just what Mangini did. Knows the system just as well if not better. Now, I think the Browns game was sort of fluky and short of Gronk playing the least focused game of football he's played in his life, we very well could have won..but still. Tamba Hali on Matt Light would be more than a bit of a nightmare.

Also, **** Peter King from me as well.
                            Last edited by ElectricEye; 01-08-2011, 12:19 PM.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I don't see it personally, KC had a cake walk of a schedule, their coming in on a home loss to Oakland that they wanted to win, their defense can be run on. Idk I just am not worried. I'm glad were all here to agree that the Ravens need to lose.

Also Happy Birthday Elvis.

Originally posted by WMD
                              Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                              Originally posted by gpngc
                              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Thing is; they can also run the ball.

Jamaal Charles scares the living **** out of me. Both as a runner and as a receiver.

Defensively, they match up well with us. They can get after the passer with Hali and Wallace Gilberry. Bring a lot of pressure from the second level too in spots, which has worked out fairly well for them. Not easy to run against either, finished in the top 15 in rushing defense and a lot of that has to do with the improved play along the defensive line and and the linebackers. They likely would have finished much better against the rush if not for the Oakland game, which was largely meaningless for them. No shame in giving up rush yards to the Raiders either; they can do that to anybody with how good that line is at run blocking and those backs.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information