Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New England Patriots Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • **** man. This should be such an awesome day. I know I'm being a little intense about this, but I can't get to sleep.

    R.I.P. Junior Seau

    Comment


    • Originally posted by descendency View Post
      Why would the Jets do that?

      I understand Aso is a beast, but the Jets have two very very good CBs. Where would they put them all?

      I mean, Aso+Revis... unstoppable. Where does that leave Cromartie though?
      Cromartie is due to be a free agent.

      R.I.P. Junior Seau

      Comment


      • Originally posted by descendency View Post
        Why would the Jets do that?

        I understand Aso is a beast, but the Jets have two very very good CBs. Where would they put them all?

        I mean, Aso+Revis... unstoppable. Where does that leave Cromartie though?
        Having all three would be virtually impossible to pass on, and it's not out of the Jets persona to go after him. Aso and Revis have talked about it and even Ryan has spoken to the media about the possibility. I can just see it happening, Aso is going to want to win, I just see the Jets making a push for him. It makes more sense then Aso coming to us I'd imagine. Just a feeling I have.


        Originally posted by WMD
        Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
        Originally posted by gpngc
        I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

        Comment


        • Maybe I'm wrong, but there are a few teams that if Aso joined, they'd be the presumptive favorites (and by a good margin) to win the Super Bowl. The Patriots are one of those teams, right?
          **** her in da *****!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
            **** man. This should be such an awesome day. I know I'm being a little intense about this, but I can't get to sleep.
            I hear ya, I really should be more upset but I just remind myself that I knew we over achieved this year to begin with. Were going to be even better this next year, and we just played a bad game today. It happens. Ryan certainly has alot of what we do figured out however. I'm rooting for the Bears the rest of the way through.


            Originally posted by WMD
            Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
            Originally posted by gpngc
            I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

            Comment


            • Yeah, this team just got knocked out as the #1 seed in the AFC and has basically 3 first round picks in the up coming draft as well as "a bunch of cap space." (which I think we can safely assume will be back in March)

              To top it off, the team is young young young on defense. Hopefully the loss will propel them to work hard in the off-season.
              **** her in da *****!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by descendency View Post
                Maybe I'm wrong, but there are a few teams that if Aso joined, they'd be the presumptive favorites (and by a good margin) to win the Super Bowl. The Patriots are one of those teams, right?
                I suppose, and Mccourty + Aso would be insane but weve been moving towards a youth movement now for the last two years so I doubt BB will go after a 30 year old who wants to make bank. Although in a few years McCourty is going to be looking for that kind of money as well.

                Also, I know I mentioned this, but we need a legit weapon for Brady. The tes are awesome for us, but we need a big fast WR. Branch and Welker really dont cut it against elite defenses.


                Originally posted by WMD
                Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                Originally posted by gpngc
                I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

                Comment


                • How the hell did Branch and Welker do as well as they did if they're that easy to shut down? I don't doubt it because I saw it happen....but why couldn't anyone else do it? I'm surprised that didn't bite us sooner. I think we can all remember how much I bitched about our lack of size after the Moss trade and it really became apparent today. Receiver is completely fair game in the first two rounds again and that sucks because today showed offensive line and defensive end are huge needs as well as long with the ever present elephant in the room at outside linebacker. ****. We might not even be able to take a pass rusher in the first three rounds anymore with all the **** we've got to fix. Wrong time to run into needs on offensive because that was supposed to be the one thing we could could on.

                  R.I.P. Junior Seau

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                    How the hell did Branch and Welker do as well as they did if they're that easy to shut down? I don't doubt it because I saw it happen....but why couldn't anyone else do it? I'm surprised that didn't bite us sooner. I think we can all remember how much I bitched about our lack of size after the Moss trade and it really became apparent today. Receiver is completely fair game in the first two rounds again and that sucks because today showed offensive line and defensive end are huge needs as well as long with the ever present elephant in the room at outside linebacker. ****. We might not even be able to take a pass rusher in the first three rounds anymore with all the **** we've got to fix. Wrong time to run into needs on offensive because that was supposed to be the one thing we could could on.
                    Where was Hernandez in this game? I feel like he would of been a nightmare for the Jets trying to cover Branch, Welker and Gronk only to have Hernandez open. Maybe Price pans out? He looked solid in his minimal time which could help. I forgot how tall he was but he could be a speedster. Tate has really not been what we all thought he would, he can't be a deep threat for us because he can't get open. At all. All this talk about trading for Fitz could be legit, but we would have to give up a first for him. And I really don't want to do that. Jackson is a free agent, and while he has gotten into trouble I think he could do a lot for this team. Another thing that messed us up tonight, Brady's play calling on that missed fourth down drive. We took like six minutes off the clock because he kept running it, which is fine but at least do it out of the no huddle which Brady excels in.


                    Originally posted by WMD
                    Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                    Originally posted by gpngc
                    I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

                    Comment


                    • Hernandez was great at getting open against man coverage for most of the year but he looked lost yesterday. All game the Jets were not letting our guys get free releases off the line, and then were dropping back in a lot more zone or man/zone combos than we usually see. Hernandez couldn't just use his speed right off the line and I'm sure the Jets made a point of that. We simply just looked like we were not prepared to face what the Jets gave us yesterday.

                      We are really good at playing with the lead, but the last few seasons we have struggled a lot in these close games against good teams. That first drive, we were moving the ball so well and I am convinced if we scored a TD we would've coasted through that game. That interception on the screen changed the whole game, even if the Jets got no posits out of it. We clearly had our best rhythm of the game going and it was completely disrupted.

                      Going back to the point of us not playing well from behind, that really boils down to us needing to be more physical especially on defense. Offense shouldn't have to win us every game week in and week out.

                      Comment


                      • I remember last week reading how Mangini said they drafted Nick Mangold to block Vince Wilfork. I have now decided, and this almost changes on an hourly basis lol, **** it!!! I want BB to go get Julio Jones just to knock the **** out of Darrelle Revis on every play. If Revis is gonna take someone out of the game we may as well make him pay for it in the run game. Then go OLB and interior offensive line.


                        BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
                          I remember last week reading how Mangini said they drafted Nick Mangold to block Vince Wilfork. I have now decided, and this almost changes on an hourly basis lol, **** it!!! I want BB to go get Julio Jones just to knock the **** out of Darrelle Revis on every play. If Revis is gonna take someone out of the game we may as well make him pay for it in the run game. Then go OLB and interior offensive line.
                          Haha, I'm with you on this one! I'd say that after that terrible effort by the entire team on sunday my wishlist for the first round looks like:

                          Anything but QB, K, P.

                          Julio would be sexy in our offense, but again... It all depends on who's available since we have far bigger needs than WR. Btw, have you heard about Ochocinco's tweet?

                          PePe and Bill #EPIC.
                          http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...with-patriots/
                          I know he's old, but I'd still love to have him.

                          Originally posted by ElectricEye
                          I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Razor View Post
                            Haha, I'm with you on this one! I'd say that after that terrible effort by the entire team on sunday my wishlist for the first round looks like:

                            Anything but QB, K, P.

                            Julio would be sexy in our offense, but again... It all depends on who's available since we have far bigger needs than WR. Btw, have you heard about Ochocinco's tweet?



                            http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...with-patriots/
                            I know he's old, but I'd still love to have him.
                            Yeah I was reading PFT this morning about that. If we could get him for relatively cheap then Im all for it. I don't buy his whole diminishing play stuff, I just think he had a down year with a poor QB. Definitely worth a look and could be a good mentor for the younger guys because by most reports he is a helluva hard worker.


                            BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

                            Comment


                            • If Mankin and G.Warren are resigned and Nick K and L.Bodden come back at full strength then our needs (according to me):

                              OLB, DE, C, RG, WR.......... RB, CB, S (If Meriweather is cut/dealt)

                              My sig is my new mock for the Pats...
                              not nec what I think will happen but what I wish will happen

                              J.Jones... WR... beast... starts right away, a downfield threat and can block
                              C.Heyward... DE... perfect 5 tech... starts right away
                              D.Love... OG/OT... it's his versatility... plugged in at RG and RT if needed
                              K.Odowd... C... the Koppen era ends.
                              J.Sheard... OLB... beast... could be a double digit sack artist in the future
                              D.Moch... OLB... freak... a very disruptive player... project, so it'll take some time
                              -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                                If Mankin and G.Warren are resigned and Nick K and L.Bodden come back at full strength then our needs (according to me):

                                OLB, DE, C, RG, WR.......... RB, CB, S (If Meriweather is cut/dealt)

                                My sig is my new mock for the Pats...
                                not nec what I think will happen but what I wish will happen

                                J.Jones... WR... beast... starts right away, a downfield threat and can block
                                C.Heyward... DE... perfect 5 tech... starts right away
                                D.Love... OG/OT... it's his versatility... plugged in at RG and RT if needed
                                K.Odowd... C... the Koppen era ends.
                                J.Sheard... OLB... beast... could be a double digit sack artist in the future
                                D.Moch... OLB... freak... a very disruptive player... project, so it'll take some time
                                Hey do you guys mind leaving the room so I can have sex with that mock


                                BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information