This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
    If Mankin and G.Warren are resigned and Nick K and L.Bodden come back at full strength then our needs (according to me):

OLB, DE, C, RG, WR.......... RB, CB, S (If Meriweather is cut/dealt)

My sig is my new mock for the Pats...
    not nec what I think will happen but what I wish will happen

J.Jones... WR... beast... starts right away, a downfield threat and can block
    C.Heyward... DE... perfect 5 tech... starts right away
    D.Love... OG/OT... it's his versatility... plugged in at RG and RT if needed
    K.Odowd... C... the Koppen era ends.
    J.Sheard... OLB... beast... could be a double digit sack artist in the future
    D.Moch... OLB... freak... a very disruptive player... project, so it'll take some time
    Nice mock, I wouldn't mind that. I'm not sold on Moch but in the bottom on the third I wouldn't mind taking a shot at him. I just updated mine today:

1a. Ryan Kerrigan, OLB, Purdue - perfect fit.
    1b. Cam Heyward, DE, Ohio St. - see above
    2a. DeMarcus Love, OG, Arkansas - Backs up Neal for a year and takes over
    2b. Leonard Hankerson, WR, Miami - Deep threat that we need
    3a. Kris O'Dowd, C, USC - Takes over for Koppen = more time for Brady
    3b. Marcus Gilbert, OT, Florida - Vollmer moves to LT, Gilbert kills people at RT.

I still want another pass rusher though. Beal could be an interesting guy in the second if he's there, Steven Friday could be a guy we look at in the third. RB is also still a need. Dion Lewis in the fifth would be sexy, I think this guy can start in the NFL.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
    I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• Originally posted by Razor View Post
      Nice mock, I wouldn't mind that. I'm not sold on Moch but in the bottom on the third I wouldn't mind taking a shot at him. I just updated mine today:

1a. Ryan Kerrigan, OLB, Purdue - perfect fit.
      1b. Cam Heyward, DE, Ohio St. - see above
      2a. DeMarcus Love, OG, Arkansas - Backs up Neal for a year and takes over
      2b. Leonard Hankerson, WR, Miami - Deep threat that we need
      3a. Kris O'Dowd, C, USC - Takes over for Koppen = more time for Brady
      3b. Marcus Gilbert, OT, Florida - Vollmer moves to LT, Gilbert kills people at RT.

I still want another pass rusher though. Beal could be an interesting guy in the second if he's there, Steven Friday could be a guy we look at in the third. RB is also still a need. Dion Lewis in the fifth would be sexy, I think this guy can start in the NFL.

Nice draft. Im not even sure we need a deep threat WR. We have Price, Tate etc who can get deep-Tate nearly had a huge reception vs the Jets had it not been for an overthrow. I think we need a big physical WR. Hankerson would work there in the second. I love the rest.

I done mine today as well

1a. If Julio falls we need to go up and get him. He can be the guy who beats up on Revis and has legit potential as a pro bowl #1 WR.
      1b. Justin Houstin is a guy who I absolutely love. He can rush the passer and drop in coverage. He adds some real speed to the defense.
      2. Mike Pouncey is a guy who isn't getting a lot of love at the moment but I think he is a tremendous OG prospect. I wouldn't like to see him at C but he is a big upgrade over Dan Connolly.
      3. Kris O'Dowd can make sure Pouncey stays away from C. If this guy had no injury concerns Im convinced he'd be a first rounder.

For shits and giggles Ill throw in Marcus Gilbert in the 4th.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
        Nice draft. Im not even sure we need a deep threat WR. We have Price, Tate etc who can get deep-Tate nearly had a huge reception vs the Jets had it not been for an overthrow. I think we need a big physical WR. Hankerson would work there in the second. I love the rest.

I done mine today as well

1a. If Julio falls we need to go up and get him. He can be the guy who beats up on Revis and has legit potential as a pro bowl #1 WR.
        1b. Justin Houstin is a guy who I absolutely love. He can rush the passer and drop in coverage. He adds some real speed to the defense.
        2. Mike Pouncey is a guy who isn't getting a lot of love at the moment but I think he is a tremendous OG prospect. I wouldn't like to see him at C but he is a big upgrade over Dan Connolly.
        3. Kris O'Dowd can make sure Pouncey stays away from C. If this guy had no injury concerns Im convinced he'd be a first rounder.

For shits and giggles Ill throw in Marcus Gilbert in the 4th.
        That's a nice draft as well. I actually like Pouncey more than Love, but the versatility won me over. But both are big upgrades over Connlly who played like **** against the Jets. Gilbert is one of my favourite sleepers for the Pats. I think he could be a very good RT in our system.
        I actually think the deep ball to Tate was a good thrown, but Tate was redirected just enough so that he couldn't make the catch. Price and Tate can be deep threats, but they don't have great size which imo is a big thing on deep passes with the routes we run. Also, what is up with our defense? They couldn't stop a slant to save their lives! Also, somebody need to teach them to wrap up and/or close in on the QB when they get penetration. A lot of sacks were left on the field this season, I hope that is something they can change. This defense is so close to being great, but we need to draft some big time talent.

I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• I am a huge believer in JJ Watt to the Pats at 17, I know the Pats are very unpredictable but I love this pick.

#16 -- JJ Watt, DE, Wisconsin
          #28 -- Justin Houston, OLB, Georgia
          #33 -- Mike Pouncey, C/G, Florida
          #60 -- Leonard Hankerson, WR, Miami
          #74 -- Curtis Brown, CB, Texas
          #92 -- Marcus Gilbert, OT, Florida

I'd love a draft like this for the Patriots, and at the moment this is very realistic.

Comment

• Originally posted by sportslover View Post
            I am a huge believer in JJ Watt to the Pats at 17, I know the Pats are very unpredictable but I love this pick.

#16 -- JJ Watt, DE, Wisconsin
            #28 -- Justin Houston, OLB, Georgia
            #33 -- Mike Pouncey, C/G, Florida
            #60 -- Leonard Hankerson, WR, Miami
            #74 -- Curtis Brown, CB, Texas
            #92 -- Marcus Gilbert, OT, Florida

I'd love a draft like this for the Patriots, and at the moment this is very realistic.
            This is very good. I'm not so big on Houston for us, but aside from that I can see a justification for every single pick. I might take Heyward over Watt at #17, but aside from that this is top notch.

Just to clarify something for people too; Hankerson is not a deep threat at the next level. He'll be more of a mid range target that is physical and has the ability to get YAC. Think a bigger, more polished James Jones.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
              Just to clarify something for people too; Hankerson is not a deep threat at the next level. He'll be more of a mid range target that is physical and has the ability to get YAC. Think a bigger, more polished James Jones.
              Oh, I disagree. He's a former track star and has the ability to just outrun DBs. Combined with his route running abilities I think he's a great fit.

Comment

Oh, I disagree. He's a former track star and has the ability to just outrun DBs. Combined with his route running abilities I think he's a great fit.
                Everyone is a former track star in the NCAA...doesn't mean he'll run anything better than 4.5. He's a good player, but he doesn't blow by people for Miami so I see no reason that he'll end up doing that in the NFL. He's improved his hands and concentration by leaps and bounds the past year and that's going to lead to some major NFL productive in conjunction with his big body and his high effort style after the catch, but we're not talking about Kenny Britt here. If Hankerson was faster, he would be a first round pick. He's sort of a personal favorite of mine in this class so I'm by no means trying to undersell him, but that's the truth of it.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I like the guy alot, but no he isn't a deep threat. He is a bigger, physical WR, who can go over the middle, make tough catches and allow the pass game to open up even a bit more. i really don't like this class for deep threats, but I don't think we nessacarily need that. Hankerson and Branch on the outside would both be threats, allowing teams to have to worry about them and oopening up Wes more and more, and the TE's. If we need to stretch the field I think Price will be that guy next year, and if Tate can put it together, I have loved that guy since his days at North Carolina, but he can't seem to put it together.

Comment

• Tate is just not a very natural receiver. The big drop in the Jets game really is a classic example of this. He dove for the ball when he clearly didn't have to and made the catch harder than he should have. Another two steps and he comes down with it in stride.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Everything looks like it needs to be fixed after such an ugly game, but there's clearly a major need for pressure and o-line help. I was one of the "Connolly can do it" crowd . . . not so much anymore. DE & OLB need to be our first two picks if we don't have a shot at one of those top 2 WRs.

EE's worst nightmare realized . . . clog the middle and the passing game is ******.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• I'm still shooting for Ryan Kerrigan, Cameron Jordan, and Rodney Hudson as the first 3 picks.

edit: Though, with Connolly being blown up, I can see a pick going for Mike Pouncey to play Guard.
                        **** her in da *****!

Comment

Hankerson's problem isn't his speed. It's his football IQ. He doesn't seem to understand when he has to break his route and get open. He doesn't do much to help his QB.
                          **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Originally posted by descendency View Post
                            Hankerson's problem isn't his speed. It's his football IQ. He doesn't seem to understand when he has to break his route and get open. He doesn't do much to help his QB.
                            Well.... I have the luxury of being a fan of two college teams: Miami Hurricanes and the Oregon Ducks (both have ducks as mascots, you do the math lol). So I've seen him play quite a lot, or at least I'd like to think so. On the deep ball I think it's more often than not the case, that Harris underthrows the pass rather than Hank not making the play. Usually Hankerson has seperaion from the DB. Often he's able to adjust to poor throws and make the catch but will get tackled as soon as he catches the ball. Had he had a good QB (NFL caliber) who had thrown the ball in front of Hankerson, allowing him to catch it in stride, very few DBs would be able to follow him down the field. For his size he also has a very good burst and he makes pretty crisp cuts. So you're right when you say that speed isn't his problem. Not sure if football IQ is a problem, but he did have problems with concentration but I think he showed this season that he's past that for the most part. He's not a first rounder imo because he's not special in any area. His hands are fine, but not elite by any measure. His speed is good, but not elite. I think he can run a 4.45 forty which is good. I like the mix of skills he has, he's not bad at anything. But he's not elite either. I think he is a great fit in NE which it seems most people here think. The question is whether he's a deep threat which I think he is. Obviously, I could be wrong. But until proven otherwise, I will stand by my remarks that Hankerson is a deep threat lol.

Comment

Julio would be sexy in our offense, but again... It all depends on who's available since we have far bigger needs than WR. Btw, have you heard about Ochocinco's tweet?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...with-patriots/
                              I know he's old, but I'd still love to have him.
                              Too bad 85 is a slightly faster Deon Branch with no previous experience with Tom Brady.

We need a guy more like Julio Jones than 85.
                              **** her in da *****!

Comment

I will stand by my remarks that Hankerson is a deep threat
                                I agree that he's a deep threat and that Jacori Harris sucks and that Hankerson will be a better WR in the pros than in college because of this, but I just don't know if he won't need a ton of coaching and time to work on his chemistry.
                                **** her in da *****!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information