Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New England Patriots Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by nepg View Post
    The team isn't just built to win now, though... There's no magical, closing window here. And what's the QB situation going to be like 4-5 years down the road?

    I'm not saying whether they should or will, I'm saying I don't see how you can be upset with that pick if they chose to go that route.
    I agree with the first sentence but not with the rest here. There is no window, as such, because BB is a master of retooling the team on the fly. The problem I have with taking Locker is, best case scenario, he gets us a first rounder in 3 or 4 years. No way will Belichick take a QB and sit him for more than four years, then pay him a contract extension without him proving anything. It also takes away a premium draft choice from a position of need. If we take a top rated pass rusher, DE and rebuild the interior of the offensive line this year then not only are we set up to win for the next few years but we would also be one of, if not the, favourite for the Superbowl for the next three or four years.

    It wasn't our lack of a back up QB that lost the game to the Jets. It was an inability to get to Sanchez and the offensive line not being able to keep Brady clean that cost us. Now three picks in the top 33 should clearly help this and should be used on need areas


    BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

    Comment


    • At a certain point you have to decide to go for the throat and win the damn thing instead of building for next year.

      R.I.P. Junior Seau

      Comment


      • Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
        It wasn't our lack of a back up QB that lost the game to the Jets. It was an inability to get to Sanchez and the offensive line not being able to keep Brady clean that cost us. Now three picks in the top 33 should clearly help this and should be used on need areas
        this this and more of this! + rep to you sir

        Comment


        • Sorry nepg, but I don't see how anyone would be happy with that pick. We need pass rushing and Oline help badly. We don't need a guy who is going to sit for four years with our first round pick in the draft, I'm sorry.


          Originally posted by WMD
          Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
          Originally posted by gpngc
          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

          Comment


          • After 2012, Vollmer will require a new LT contract. He made the 2nd team All-Pro list. He's going to be expensive (even with a home town discount). I think Mayo will be coming due soon too. Lots of these successful draft picks will be requiring new contracts soon.

            I think that's your "closing window" (similar to how the Jets may have closed this year without some elite drafting)
            **** her in da *****!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by descendency View Post
              After 2012, Vollmer will require a new LT contract. He made the 2nd team All-Pro list. He's going to be expensive (even with a home town discount). I think Mayo will be coming due soon too. Lots of these successful draft picks will be requiring new contracts soon.

              I think that's your "closing window" (similar to how the Jets may have closed this year without some elite drafting)
              But that happened in the last two years also with Brady, Wilfork, Mankins, Bodden etc all needing new contracts along with steady vets like James Sanders, Rob Ninkovich etc getting extensions. All with the exceptions of Mankins received it as well. Every team has these issues but clearly the Pats are better than most when it comes to planning for both the present and the future
              Last edited by AntoinCD; 01-29-2011, 02:10 PM.


              BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

              Comment


              • I think we'll be able to sign Vollmer to an affordable deal. Mayo is a guy we're going to have to overpay for just a bit.

                R.I.P. Junior Seau

                Comment


                • Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                  I think we'll be able to sign Vollmer to an affordable deal. Mayo is a guy we're going to have to overpay for just a bit.
                  Yeah, **** Karlos Dansby for inflating the price of ILBs. Plus Patrick Willis will be due a contract before Mayo so you know it will be based in and around that, even though Mayo isn't the player P Willy is


                  BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

                  Comment


                  • The thing that will bother me about signing Mayo to a big deal is that he goes through streaks where he's more of a complier than a play maker. He was world better this year in that regard...but even still.

                    R.I.P. Junior Seau

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                      The thing that will bother me about signing Mayo to a big deal is that he goes through streaks where he's more of a complier than a play maker. He was world better this year in that regard...but even still.
                      If he builds on his play next year and has another good year Im willing to chalk it down to injury last year. I wanna see more big plays out of him, but the one thing you can say is he never makes a bone-headed play and costs the team


                      BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

                      Comment


                      • Yeah, he defiantly does not and that's a good thing for sure. He also nips a lot of things in the bud before the develop into something bigger. Great range and speed. Very good in coverage too. But he's probably not going to be worth what he's due to get on the open market.

                        R.I.P. Junior Seau

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                          Yeah, he defiantly does not and that's a good thing for sure. He also nips a lot of things in the bud before the develop into something bigger. Great range and speed. Very good in coverage too. But he's probably not going to be worth what he's due to get on the open market.
                          Yeah true. As long as it's not an astronomical price though I see the front office doing the deal. BB loves to have strength up the middle of the defense and after Wilfork Mayo is the most important piece. He also seems to have a pretty good head on his shoulders so that helps too.


                          BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

                          Comment


                          • I think I'll take WR off as a need. The Patriots already have their deep threat:

                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvctomf2Xdo
                            **** her in da *****!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
                              Yeah, **** Karlos Dansby for inflating the price of ILBs. Plus Patrick Willis will be due a contract before Mayo so you know it will be based in and around that, even though Mayo isn't the player P Willy is
                              Willis signed an extension earlier this year.
                              The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by descendency View Post
                                I think I'll take WR off as a need. The Patriots already have their deep threat:

                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvctomf2Xdo
                                That guy looks fast, must have at least a 10.0 forty time haha.


                                Originally posted by WMD
                                Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                                Originally posted by gpngc
                                I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information