Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope he didn't think he was just going to up and leave, right? RIGHT?!
    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• I bet we get a 2nd for him.
      Breed's QB Philosophy:
      Originally posted by Breed
      At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

• Hopefully it's like the Wilfork situation where they just tagged him to give everyone time to work something out (business, personal, et al.). I'd rather have Logan Mankins than whatever compensation they can get for him. Pretty sure everyone feels that way. He brings a different energy to the offense that was obviously missed in his absence.

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
          Hopefully it's like the Wilfork situation where they just tagged him to give everyone time to work something out (business, personal, et al.). I'd rather have Logan Mankins than whatever compensation they can get for him. Pretty sure everyone feels that way. He brings a different energy to the offense that was obviously missed in his absence.
          This is what I'm hoping as well. I know Wilfork didn't like being tagged initially either but **** it.
          It worked out in the long run for both parties

Comment

• I would rather have Mankins than compensation as well. To get good value, we would have to receive a mid first rounder. That's completely unrealistic obviously. We would be taking a loss on any trade for sure.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Any thoughts on the unofficial forum mock? Picks so far:

1. DE Cameron Jordan, California
              1. OG Mike Pouncey, Florida
              2. OT Tyron Smith, Southern California*

No trades allowed, all of the major linebackers were off the board by #17. Feeling pretty good about it so far - lots of upgrades made in the trenches. A lot of different directions to possibly go in throughout the second and third rounds.

Comment

• I'm really not a fan of those two offensive linemen or the idea of drafting two in such close proximity to one another. Jordan is fantastic value there though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Tyron Smith is the best potential tackle in the draft (better than 6'8" and can't bend Nate Solder)
                  **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Disagree there. Smith is severely undersized and will likely lose some his athletic ability as he bulks up. Really not a fan of the majority of offensive linemen who are ripped up like Rambo.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• How would you guys feel about giving Mathias Kiwanuka a look in FA? If he is available I really think he would make a lot of sense, he has the perfect frame for what BB loves in OLB's and he has some experience playing OLB in NY. He is a guy who I feel like could really benefit from a change of scenery with all of the other pass rushers the Giants have had, he is a smart guy and a leader as well. I could see him being a very good fit here.

Comment

• Holy ****. I didn't even realize he was a free agent. Kiwi was the reason I started posting on draft sites. I wanted him SOOO bad when he came out and we didn't get him :( I would absolutely love that. He's had trouble with injuries, but the talent is obviously there and he might just thrive coming back to New England. Sign me up times 1000.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I loved Kiwi when he was with BC, I too would love for the Pats to take a look at him. I really think he would be a great fit.

Comment

• Hell yea, I wanted the Pats to draft him so badly when he came out.
                            I knew he was a FA (not sure if RFA though) but I assumed NYG would re-sign him so didn't think much of it.

He's played OLB and DE for the Giants, I think that proves that he's not a one trick pony.
                            I'd love him opposite of Cunningham
                            If the CBA is signed before the draft, then we could sign him and have, essentially an extra draft pick early to address other positions of need or for ammo to move up.

Comment

• I'm still a big believer in his talent too. Hard to break into a lineup with Justin Tuck, Michael Strahan, and Osi Umenyiora. Combine that with injuries and you have lower production than you should.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• ^^^ 20 posts til you hit 10K!!!

Exactly! @ Kiwi. He'd start, no questions asked, if he came to NE.
                                Sign Kiwi, then use 17 and a 3rd or whateva to move up above St Louis and grab J.Jones
                                That's what I want the Pats to do... so sexy...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information