Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm aware haha. I'm not going to do a 10K thread until I subtract whatever I got from the Random Discussion Thread though. That way I don't get bumbped below that mark haha.

I wouldn't be THAT confident in Kiwi as to not draft anyone else...but I'm not completely sold on Cunningham either. He had his moments at times this year, but he also looked a little lost out there at times. Kiwi would be a good guy to come in and start right away why we wait for Cunningham and whatever other pass rusher we draft to develop. There's no guarantees with Cunningham and pass rusher X in the first place...plus you can never have to many in todays NFL. So there's no downside to signing Kiwi really and we can probably do it for short dollars.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• How do you know how many posts you have in their???

Maybe I should rephrase, I wouldn't spend the 17th pick on an OLB.
      I'd be all about grabbing Sheard/Beal in the late 2nd or Moch in the third
      Or anyone else that BB likes...
      I'd use the earlier picks on WR, OG, OT, DE and BPA on those positions

edit: As far as Cunningham goes, I think he did a very good job for being a rookie.
      He showed glimpses of greatness at times and at others seemed like he just couldn't finish the play
      (i.e. beating the OT, shrugging off the RB then simply brushing the QB... he's angle of pursuit or something needs to get fixed)
      He showed enough for me to feel comfortable with him starting on one side
      Last edited by Nalej; 02-12-2011, 08:28 PM.
      -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• I'm comfortable but I'm not buying the jersey yet. He just doesn't look like he has that burst to close and finish like the truly elite pass rushers do. He doesn't get off the line real well despite being a polished technician in terms of moves and leverage. Part of me is scared for him going forward just because we've had some guys who are similar caliber athletes before with similar problems.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• ****, if your name isn't Brady or Wilfork, I'm not sure if I'd buy your jersey.
          BB has shown he'll trade you if the +'s outweight the -'s.
          To think of it, I bought my wife a Mayo jersey. She's not into football but she'll rock it on game day =)

Comment

• I don't buy jerseys either haha, just an analogy haha. Completely overpriced.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I agree with you guys that Kiwi would be a great pickup. Along with Pierre Thomas, he's one of the guys I think would be a nice budget free agent signing for New England. Physicals would be important for both of those guys though. I could also see a veteran WR who could mentor/buy extra development time for Price/Tate, similar to what New England tried with Holt this year.

Comment

• It would really surprise me if Pierre Thomas ends up anywhere else really. We've been on him for awhile now.

As far as receivers go, Malcolm Floyd seems like a good fit.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I would be willing to hold off on OLB round 1 if we picked up Kiwi. I'm not getting my hopes up, but wow that would be awesome and would give us so many options in the draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                    As far as receivers go, Malcolm Floyd seems like a good fit.
                    The one that stayed at Notre Dame?

edit: And is constantly hurt?
                    **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Originally posted by descendency View Post

That is Michael Floyd. Malcolm Floyd is the big receiver for the Chargers.

Comment

• I wasn't that happy when the Pats passed on Kiwi. Would love to see him in a Pats uniform. He's got it all - as far as what the Pats require out of their OLBs.

Comment

• Originally posted by descendency View Post

Nope.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                            I would be willing to hold off on OLB round 1 if we picked up Kiwi. I'm not getting my hopes up, but wow that would be awesome and would give us so many options in the draft.
                            My thoughts exactly.
                            Now I really want the CBA to be intact prior to the draft (yea right)

Floyd a FA? I wonder what type of contract he would demand.

Comment

• If the money is short, he's a good system fit here and the type of guy we need.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I too loved Kiwi when he was a rookie but I have some concerns about the transition to our system. He has shown versatility but the Giants run a 4-3. Playing OLB in a 4-3 is not the same as in a 3-4. There might be some struggles getting acclimated. He isn't a spring chicken. I'm not saying I wouldn't do it I just think it's not such a slam dunk. Remember Adalius struggling trying to transition into his role and was coming from another 3-4 system.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information