X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lol . . . so optimistic.

I've been so busy lately - I haven't even logged in since last week. *gasp*

The mental image of BB browsing our mocks and scoffing at us is just priceless. Thanks!! lol

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
      You know it, I am convinced he comes on here every year and just laughs uncontrollably at us. We should all just accept the fact that we will be picking once in the first round if we are lucky. Our draft will probably be something like LeShoure, Torrey Smith, Jimmy Smith, Jabaal Sheard, and a 2012 first rounder. Go ahead and quote that if you want, I bet we take at least two of those guys.
      Jimmy Smith that late could easily be the biggest steal of the draft.
      **** her in da *****!

Comment

• I'm high on Smith too. If he runs well, he's likely a top 15 type pick.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
          I like your mock Pro. I would be more than happy with that first four picks.
          thanks man... i just view it as realistic... even tho id love to grab a stud pass rusher. Ingram may be there if the dolphins pass on him.... beal is a guy we could take cuz his production is great and looked much better playing the position at the senior bowl than he did with his hand down

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

• I am a big Jimmy Smith fan but my point is that none of us could really see us taking a corner in the first this year, much like last year. That is why I think Smith could be one of those surprise picks.

Comment

• I really don't think it would really be a bad move. This is a pass happy league and we all know that. You need more quality, effective corners than ever.

For the RECORD!

I thought we would draft a corner last year and even helped Dirty Thirty pick McCourty for our pick in our mock.

/gloat

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I do love Jimmy Smith... I wouldn't be able to hate on the pick. I had him going #25in my last mock, and considered it a steal.

Comment

• He's a nice compliment to McCourty too. When McCourty did get beat, it was usually by bigger receivers. Not a problem or even that it happened that often, but they would theoretically compliment one another really well.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I too would not be upset about Smith that late.
                    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                      He's a nice compliment to McCourty too. When McCourty did get beat, it was usually by bigger receivers. Not a problem or even that it happened that often, but they would theoretically compliment one another really well.
                      Smith does seem like a much more talented Kyle Arrington in the Pats' system.

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
                        To a certain extent, yeah, I buy that. Faaaar less limited as a player though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
                          Smith isn't a ballhawk by any means, but he absolutely doesn't give up.... much at all. His biggest weakness is that he will have to be taught to be more aggressive. He plays too passive at times. Both in run support and passing.

He can absolutely be a lock down cover 2 player though.
                          **** her in da *****!

Comment

• A later pick on OLB seems most realistic to me, too. It's just not BB's m.o. to go 1st round on a less than proven 3-4 OLB type.

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                            For the RECORD!

I thought we would draft a corner last year and even helped Dirty Thirty pick McCourty for our pick in our mock.

/gloat
                            Well La Dee Da, Mr. SmartyPants. lol

For said RECORD!

ROP & I missed him by 2 or 3 picks in the last forum mock of the season, and I loved the pick (despite saying everywhere that CB wasn't a likely pick for us.) McC & Saffold were both on our radar and we had to "settle" for Saffold . . . how I wish that had actually happened . . .

I definitely want another CB this year, though. Bodden is a question mark coming back from injury and I don't see a viable number 2 on our roster unless Bodden is back at 100%.

Comment

• I like Bodden a lot. Having McCourty this year really showed us what we were missing in terms of having an elite corner though. Our pass defense was anywhere from bad to awful last year despite what the numbers say and this year it was really the opposite. With McCourty the unquestioned alpha dog at CB, it will allow Bodden to slide and play the best particular matchup for him instead of being pressured to go up against the teams number one receiver no matter what. Should be a much better player in that role and allow him to take more chances and generate turnovers with his good ball skills.

Having said that, I want another corner. Arrington is a real good player and a guy who have a good future as a nickeback, but if we could find another shut down player to pair opposite McCourty we would have one less vulnerability on third down. That's what killed us in the end this year too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I like Bodden, too. Time will tell (hopefully before draft day) whether or not he will come back in top form.

But his history is spotty enough that there's no certainty to his return. He's been injured and missed significant time in 3 of his 6 years in the league and played like **** for 2 of them, too.

And I definitely agree that another top quality corner is in order, regardless of Bodden's status.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information