This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
    Having said that, I want another corner. Arrington is a real good player and a guy who have a good future as a nickeback, but if we could find another shut down player to pair opposite McCourty we would have one less vulnerability on third down. That's what killed us in the end this year too.
    Whilst I agree that we need another CB I'd still prefer to get a pass rusher first. Pass rush and coverage go hand in hand and I'm tired off seeing BB having to scheme his way into getting some pressure instead of having a stud who can apply pressure on every down. There are some pretty good prospects at CB next year as well (Kirkpatrick, Gilmore, Rhodes) that we might have a shot at getting if they declare. If a guy like Brandon Harris slips to the second this year I'm all for grabbing him there, but it's the front seven that didn't play well this past season (except for Wilfork and Mayo). OLB and DE should be something we look for early in the draft, it's pretty clear that you can't have a great defense unless you have at least one good pass rusher. Cunningham showed flashes last season, but he couldn't close in on the QB or wrap up on several occasions. He looks like a future starter, but not a stud.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
    I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• I agree with all of that....but I'm mentally preparing for us to pass on a pass rusher in the first round. We just don't put a first round value on those players for whatever reason.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Haha all right.. For the fourth year in a row I'm not mentally prepared for us to pass on a pass rusher. I always end up disappointed on draft day. :(

Originally posted by ElectricEye
        I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• Exactly. I understand the philosophy, even if I don't like it. I think there are always one or two guys who are worth (based on BB's standards) a 1st round selection, but they're never on the board. OLB is just not likely to be our first round pick. Ever. : (

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• BB needs to lower his standard too though. Some of these he doesn't see as impact players are setting the world on fire.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

BB needs to lower his standard too though. Some of these he doesn't see as impact players are setting the world on fire.
              I think he's changed his views on players like Clay Matthews.
              **** her in da *****!

Comment

• I certainly hope so, but I'm not buying it until I see the results both on the field and on draft day.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Basically, I hope he does change his mind but seeing is believing with me
                  -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• I think we're all a bit presumptuous about BBs drafting persona. lol

I think they have a board, and they go by it. Although I do think cases where they target a guy, like McCourty clearly was last year, do happen.

I really think Aldon Smith/Cameron Jordan/JJ Watt/trade up for Qiunn happen.
                    Scarneccia can work with 2nd or later guys as we've seen and make them good.
                    Breed's QB Philosophy:
                    Originally posted by Breed
                    At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

• The board isn't very flexible to needs and they don't exactly go BPA based on the results anyway. That's the problem.

Scott's latest mock was amazing for our needs though :)

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• There was an interview with Belichick (radio I believe) where he said he "learned a lot" after the Clay Matthews situation happened the way it did. We'll see what it means.
                        **** her in da *****!

Comment

• It was a press conference and the reporter asked if he learned by passing on him and he gave a very "meh" answer. On WEEI they asked him something similar and he said much of the same.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Just saw Scotts Mock.

Originally posted by WMD
                            Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                            Originally posted by gpngc
                            I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• I wish we got to see the second round! That's the exciting part.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

I wish we got to see the second round! That's the exciting part.
                                I know, after I posted that I realized I forgot to check what he had for the second round, only to realize there isn't one :(.

But seriously I feel like that mock would pretty much be the best picks we could realistically get. I would loooove me some Kerrigan in a pats uni.

Originally posted by WMD
                                Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                                Originally posted by gpngc
                                I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information