This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
    Count me in the **** Butler club to. I know we all want him to improve and I still hope he does, but we're really fishing for things to look for to say he's improving. If the plays not in front of him, something bad happens.
    Exactly, being Pats fans we want him to perform well, but don't kid yourselves into thinking he played better or well in the second half. He didn't. When he was in, teams went right at him for huge chunks of yards. The kid blows, maybe he gets better, but what he did last season was nothing better than awful.

Originally posted by WMD
    Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
    Originally posted by gpngc
    I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Which really put a damper on how good he was towards the end of the season a few years ago. I wasn't ready to anoint him or anything, but he was significantly better with everything else being equal.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
        Stop defending Butler, he didn't look better in the second half, go watch that Jets game. I don't care where he is, hes either beat or draws a PI. Everything else I agree with. Sorry if that came off as bitter, but I really hate Butler.
        Well, you did...

I wasn't defending Butler. I was simply pointing out the fact that he improved as the season progressed and in the second half of the season he started getting his hands on some balls (without being called for a PI). I still don't think that he's the answer for anything, I just wanted to point out that he didn't continue to be as terrible as he was for the first two games.
        Last edited by Razor; 03-03-2011, 03:50 AM.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
        I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• How does this mock look:

1. LB Ryan Kerrigan, Purdue
          1. DE Cameron Heyward, Ohio St.
          2. C Stefen Wisniewski, Penn St.
          2. RB Jordan Todman, Connecticut*
          3. OT Marcus Gilbert, Florida
          3. FS Ahmad Black, Florida
          4. QB Ricky Stanzi, Iowa
          5. CB Kendric Burney, North Carolina
          6. OG Caleb Schlauderaff, Utah

Comment

• Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
            How does this mock look:

4. QB Ricky Stanzi, Iowa
            It's OK I think. I wouldn't be too upset with it if it were to happen. Just a few things:
            I'm starting to like Muhammad Wilkerson a whole lot more than Heyward. He has a perfect frame and spectacular upside. I think he could really thrive in BB's system.
            I'm not a big fan of Todman or any runningback in the first three rounds to be honest.
            I like McElroy much more than Stanzi, but either would work for me.

Other than that I really like it actually.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
            I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
              How does this mock look:

4. QB Ricky Stanzi, Iowa
              solid draft. i am starting to like wilkerson more than heyward tho. as you know Matt, I am not the biggest Todman fan and like other RBs more than him. If we take Todman, I would be happy with it in the third round. I think Burney is a good fit, but damn you cant ignore the fact he tests slow and is only like 5'6 1/2 i think. hes shorter than all of us prolly which is crazy

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

• I don't see a need for a RB in the first 4 rounds. Too many times you have good enough backs come from late rounds or even UDFAs.

I'd rather use that pick on an OL that can help in both the run game and pass game or a DL or a WR... you get the idea.
                **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Originally posted by Razor View Post
                  Well, you did...

I wasn't defending Butler. I was simply pointing out the fact that he improved as the season progressed and in the second half of the season he started getting his hands on some balls (without being called for a PI). I still don't think that he's the answer for anything, I just wanted to point out that he didn't continue to be as terrible as he was for the first two games.
                  You're right. Butler won't be cut next year anyways. Too high of a pick invested into him. The Patriots will keep him around at least one more year. Wilhite is probably more likely to be cut than Butler. Maybe he shows up in the off-season somehow. . .
                  **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Terrence Wheatley was cut on a similar time frame and was drafted in the same round. Nothing is impossible. The way Butler played last year, he's just wasting a roster spot. I really hope he turns it around...but I have very little faith he'll be able to.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                      Terrence Wheatley was cut on a similar time frame and was drafted in the same round. Nothing is impossible. The way Butler played last year, he's just wasting a roster spot. I really hope he turns it around...but I have very little faith he'll be able to.
                      hes def got the athletic ability to do so. gotta remember, this is the first time in his life probably thats hes dealt with heavy criticism about his play, and questioning whether or not he belongs on a team. who knows? maybe he will work his butt off all offseason and prove the doubters wrong..... its still too early in my book to call him a bust

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

• I do agree with that for the record...but he's not doing much to say that he won't be. We'll have to see. The things he does wrong are very coachable, but he does them so often it's questionable as to if he'll ever get over them.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I'd be shocked if Butler was cut heading into the 2011 season. He seems like he has great position at all times. The problem is when the balls in the air and the play needs to be made - even though he has solid postion - he just sucks harder than a crackwhore looking to score a rock.

The athletic ability, field/play awareness and overall skills are there. Playing the ball can be coached some but the guys who do so instinctively are the best CBs, so I'm not holding out hope on Butler.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• Personally I think Butler has a ton of talent, problem is mental.

The guy is playing scared, not confident. He is so scared to get beat that he makes mistakes, does not focus.

The guy needs a big play to get some confidence and let it grow.
                            Breed's QB Philosophy:
                            Originally posted by Breed
                            At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

• I mulliganed this season for Butler from Week 1. He just didn't look right. I'm fairly confident that he can get it together. He didn't look anywhere near the same player he was as a rookie. I wonder if McCourty coming in and playing so well right away screwed with Butler's head.

Comment

• I would be concerned about that if I was into psychoanalyzing things(I'm not, but I see the thought process). He's clearly a guy who isn't playing with confidence and that can't help.

I don't see a guy who constantly gets good position like some of you guys do to. Once the play isn't in front of him, he has trouble tracking the receiver and the ball down. Really doesn't look comfortable transitioning out of his back pedal and running with guys. Said it earlier in the off season, but he he might end up being a potential safety candidate. Only thing that's concerning about that is his size.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information