Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To be fair, that team (d)evolved into something much different in Carroll's tenure.

I liked Pete and always thought he got a raw deal in New England. That team kept getting so close to getting over the hump, but there was always something that came up to throw a wrench in the plans (Curtis Martin, Robert Edwards).

Comment

• Originally posted by descendency View Post
      Just curious, why does no one ever point out that Pete Carroll coached (for 3 years) the team Bill Parcells built? And Belichick simply managed to recover the team after 3 years of Pete Carroll?

I always see people say "Belichick won with Parcells team, not his" but by the time they won in 04 (which was considered the best team in NE - save maybe 07), it had been 8 years since Parcells had any involvement with the team... which is significantly longer than most NFL players last.

I've quite seriously never seen that said in any of these "belichick isn't great" threads.

edit: Is it embarrassment? I would be embarrassed if he coached my team too.
      Because people who wish to detract from how great a coach BB is often use false logic and dishonest assessments. Mostly because there's no reasonable way to argue that he's not a great coach.

Carroll is terrible. His personnel moves suck, his drafting is worse, and his 'rah rah' **** doesn't last long in the NFL - if it even holds any weight initially. Seattle will be mired in even worse of a mess within 3 years.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• Originally posted by descendency View Post
        Just curious, why does no one ever point out that Pete Carroll coached (for 3 years) the team Bill Parcells built? And Belichick simply managed to recover the team after 3 years of Pete Carroll?

I always see people say "Belichick won with Parcells team, not his" but by the time they won in 04 (which was considered the best team in NE - save maybe 07), it had been 8 years since Parcells had any involvement with the team... which is significantly longer than most NFL players last.

I've quite seriously never seen that said in any of these "belichick isn't great" threads.

edit: Is it embarrassment? I would be embarrassed if he coached my team too.
        People hate the Patriots and BB because they are always good and always winning, that hate makes them find any reason possible to demerit any of their qualities even if it doesn't make sense or isn't accurate.

Out of the players that were part of the 2001 campaign, 50 joined between 2000 and 2001, several of them barely played but that just shows how much rebuilding it took in 2000, BB's only losing season in his NE career.

As for Carroll, I think he is a great college coach and an average at best professional coach. He does well when every player sees him as a father figure and believe in him, with professionals who aren't as easy to manipulate he struggles and doesn't have the technical and tactical knowledge to make up for it.

Comment

• Tuesday night, 8 pm EST on ESPN - "The Brady 6" will discuss the 6 Super Bowls Tom Brady will win. . . I mean the 6 QBs drafted before Tom Brady and how this motivated him to be the ultimate winner.
          **** her in da *****!

Comment

• A small taste of the "Brady 6" where brady talks about how frustrating it was for him to sit there and wait to be drafted.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=632...goryid=2378529
            **** her in da *****!

Comment

• I don't know if anyone was hoping the Patriots pursue Nnamdi Asomugha, but the Patriots won't.

He's represented by CAA = Tom Condon.
              **** her in da *****!

Comment

• I watched a bit of the Brady 6. Liked it.

I never actually thought Nmandi was coming over to NE so I'm fine
                -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Was just a pipe dream anyway.
                  Breed's QB Philosophy:
                  Originally posted by Breed
                  At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                    I watched a bit of the Brady 6. Liked it.

I never actually thought Nmandi was coming over to NE so I'm fine
                    Yeah. The Brady 6 seemed good, but I think it could have been better. It seemed to lack a focus. It tried to tell 3-4 stories and didn't really tell any of them.

There were some interesting tidbits though... and a lot of "yeah, we knew he would be good back then even but just passed on him" type comments.

And yea, I only thought Nnamdi would come to NE because it's one of the few places he could be an instant starter, be on a winning team, be with a winning head coach, have a franchise QB, and have cap room to pay him, and the team has a history of taking chances on FAs at big cost (though the last one was Adalius Thomas). The only reasons I could see him wanting to go elsewhere is friends, insane money, or a personality clash with someone like Belichick.
                    **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Nnamdi would be wasted talent in our constant zone coverage. He be a fool to come in here and have far less chance to be the impact player he will be elsewhere, especially since he'd likely have to take a lower $$$$ figure.

Comment

• I know I'm in a minority who feels this way (like I'm the only one in it) but I think Nnamdi is one of the most overrated players in the NFL. He had one great year a few years back and has been cashing in on it ever since.
                        2012 Patriots Anti-Draft

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

2 Anyone but McClellin, Wolfe, Doug Martin or an OT

3 Anyone but Wolfe

Comment

• I haven't seen enough to know for sure. I do know that the Raiders haven't been good enough against the run to force any QB to really test Nnamdi much.

I will agree that he's overrated based on his skill / positional value / expected payday. There's no player on the field except QBs and QBKillers worth the pay he'll get.

Comment

• The Brady 6 had great production and awful storyline. They mixed everything, it didn't seem to have an objective. It looked more like a collection of things related to Brady and the 6 QBs drafted before him than a documentary. It is fun to watch but needed a better director, and the narrating was very bland.
                            High point though was the commentary on Giovanni Carmazzi.

Comment

• Have you guys seen McGinest in NFL Network?
                              He looks in shape. Maybe if we don't draft a OLB we bring him back. JK

Comment

• Originally posted by Nandoss View Post
                                The Brady 6 had great production and awful storyline. They mixed everything, it didn't seem to have an objective. It looked more like a collection of things related to Brady and the 6 QBs drafted before him than a documentary. It is fun to watch but needed a better director, and the narrating was very bland.
                                High point though was the commentary on Giovanni Carmazzi.
                                Exactly what I thought. I thought the line talking about how the 49ers had hoped to draft the next Joe Montana (with Carmazzi) was one of the better ones. Unfortunately for them, the next Joe Montana was in the draft... it just wasn't Carmazzi.
                                **** her in da *****!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information