Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New England Patriots Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by descendency View Post
    I'll tell you a little secret... the Patriots won't draft him. 100% sure.
    based on what? this guy has everything the patriots would look for.... plus hes a local guy with great intangibles, and someone dante personally worked out.

    Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

    Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

    Comment


    • trust me i dont want an OT in the first round, but i think castonzo could be a possibility

      Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

      Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by proshoota25 View Post
        1. Anthony Castonzo, OT, BC
        1. Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio St.
        2. Mikel LeShoure, RB, Illinois
        2. Sam Acho, OLB, Texas
        3. John Moffitt, G/C, Wisconsin
        3. Ahmad Black, S, UF
        Depending on how the draft goes I can see Castonzo being the first pick. Personally I'd rather go after Carimi or Smith because I'm pretty sure Light will be back and Castonzo is more a plug and play guy and those other two need some development but have a slightly higher ceiling.

        I just don't get why everyone is so desperate for NE to draft a DE. Unless Ty Warren is released I don't see why.

        I think and hope they trade up to grab at least Kerrigan. Didn't like what I saw from the guys past the top half of the first rounder regarding pass rushers. To me Miller, Kerrigan, Quinn and Aldon, in that order, are the ones that could make a difference. The rest doesn't seem to add to TBC, Moore, Cunningham and Ninkovic.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by proshoota25 View Post
          based on what? this guy has everything the patriots would look for.... plus hes a local guy with great intangibles, and someone dante personally worked out.
          Tom Condon.

          edit: It was said earlier, but I seriously seriously doubt the Patriots touch a Condon guy without a rookie salary slotting system.
          **** her in da *****!

          Comment


          • I'm not a fan of OL at 17 either, but I've done it in mocks for different challenges on here. The value at 17 is average (at best) for Pouncey / Carimi / Constanzo but if that's the way we go I'd be ok with it. Assuming, of course, the we still are able to fill big needs later in the draft.

            I don't believe for even a second that the Patriots organization would pass on a prospect they thought was an excellent talent based on his agent.

            Originally posted by Nandoss View Post
            I just don't get why everyone is so desperate for NE to draft a DE. Unless Ty Warren is released I don't see why.
            We have no full time starter for the opposite side of Ty and there's no guarantee that Ty comes back to form. He's older and every other DE on the roster is either old or average (or both) so we absolutely need to get younger and get depth at the DE spot. Every time Vince Wilfork lined up at DE last season it was an undeniable reminder that we do not have what we need at DE.

            Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

            Comment


            • Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
              We have no full time starter for the opposite side of Ty and there's no guarantee that Ty comes back to form. He's older and every other DE on the roster is either old or average (or both) so we absolutely need to get younger and get depth at the DE spot. Every time Vince Wilfork lined up at DE last season it was an undeniable reminder that we do not have what we need at DE.
              I understand what you are saying, but you have to remember that the only reason we didn't have a full time starter was because of injury. The line was supposed to be Warren, Wilfork and Gerard Warren, but at one time we were so thin at DE guys were playing every snap. My only concern with Ty is if they try to trade or cut him since reports have surfaced saying they want to cut his pay and that he wouldn't take it. Ty turned 30 in February, I hardly think that's an age DL drops in performance and his injury was reported as not being that serious, he even said he could have played through it but decided against it to have a longer career. Other athletes with the same problem came back with no problem at all. Maybe because there may not be a pre-season he starts slow but by the third game he'd be fine.
              We have Kade Weston, 24 coming back from injury, Mike Wright, 29 who I think would be fine starting, Brandon Deaderick, 23 has good potential, Darryl Richard, 24 hasn't showed much but is young and has time to develop, Landon Cohen, 24 and the only one who is older than Ty is Stroud who we just signed at 32. The Pats biggest problem was injury that ate away any depth they had and made people start getting desperate about DE. I think Wright can start and be fine and Warren\Wilfork are solid. I would only draft a 34 DE at 17 or higher if he would be an instant pro bowler or if his ceiling was future HoF, since I don't see no one in this draft class like that I would wait to pick a DE.

              Comment


              • I don't see any of those young guys as any more than depth. Ty is the only full time DE I see on our roster. Wright is great as a situational guy but is an immediate target for run audibles when he's in the game. G.Warren is not the answer and that means DE is a big need.

                The biggest point of discord in our opinions is on the DEs available at 17 or 28. I see Cam Jordan, JJ Watt, Heyward and even Wilkerson as immediate upgrades over the talent we have as our LDE.

                Jordan & Watt at 17 have pro-bowl potential without question in my mind. Heyward & Wilkerson at 28 (maybe 33) would be nice, if not.

                Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

                Comment


                • I believe 3 likely scenarios for us tomorrow.

                  1. Trade up for Amukamara
                  2. Stay put and grab C. Jordan (hopefully)
                  3. Grab D. Bowers at #17.

                  If none of those options are there I think we trade down and get Solder, Carimi, maybe Watkins or Heyward.
                  Breed's QB Philosophy:
                  Originally posted by Breed
                  At the end of the day...

                  Mobility > Accuracy

                  Comment


                  • Gerard Warren sucks.
                    **** her in da *****!

                    Comment


                    • I was just saying I dont want castanzo at 17 rather than no o-line. But I pray to God we come out of this draft with a DE/OLB in the first round. Thats all I want is an impact pass rusher. I know we have other areas of need but this position has needed addressing for several years now, its ******* time to deal with haha.


                      Originally posted by WMD
                      Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                      Originally posted by gpngc
                      I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Nandoss View Post
                        I understand what you are saying, but you have to remember that the only reason we didn't have a full time starter was because of injury. The line was supposed to be Warren, Wilfork and Gerard Warren, but at one time we were so thin at DE guys were playing every snap. My only concern with Ty is if they try to trade or cut him since reports have surfaced saying they want to cut his pay and that he wouldn't take it. Ty turned 30 in February, I hardly think that's an age DL drops in performance and his injury was reported as not being that serious, he even said he could have played through it but decided against it to have a longer career. Other athletes with the same problem came back with no problem at all. Maybe because there may not be a pre-season he starts slow but by the third game he'd be fine.
                        We have Kade Weston, 24 coming back from injury, Mike Wright, 29 who I think would be fine starting, Brandon Deaderick, 23 has good potential, Darryl Richard, 24 hasn't showed much but is young and has time to develop, Landon Cohen, 24 and the only one who is older than Ty is Stroud who we just signed at 32. The Pats biggest problem was injury that ate away any depth they had and made people start getting desperate about DE. I think Wright can start and be fine and Warren\Wilfork are solid. I would only draft a 34 DE at 17 or higher if he would be an instant pro bowler or if his ceiling was future HoF, since I don't see no one in this draft class like that I would wait to pick a DE.
                        Pretty much agreed with this. I don't see DE as so much as a need as it is a position where the Patriots could use some depth. I would say Jarvis Jenkins or Lawrence Guy in the 3rd would be fine.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Vaylor View Post
                          Pretty much agreed with this. I don't see DE as so much as a need as it is a position where the Patriots could use some depth. I would say Jarvis Jenkins or Lawrence Guy in the 3rd would be fine.
                          I don't want to sound like someone who "knows it all" but the vast majority of the year, the DEs were getting beat badly. They'd get knocked out of the play, unable to get any rush on the QB (which is a secondary goal... but isn't something that should be ignored) and in general were awful. TV Experts missed this badly. I am surprised to. It was quite obvious how badly Ron Brace played at times.

                          Ron Brace, Gerard Warren, Brandon Deaderick, and others are backups. Ty Warren and Wilfork are the only two legitimate starting DL on this team for a team of this caliber. I'm not saying we should have Haloti Ngata at DE as well, but let's help out or OLBs a bit. They were bad, but it's hard not to be when the DEs are retreating.
                          **** her in da *****!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by descendency View Post
                            I don't want to sound like someone who "knows it all" but the vast majority of the year, the DEs were getting beat badly. They'd get knocked out of the play, unable to get any rush on the QB (which is a secondary goal... but isn't something that should be ignored) and in general were awful. TV Experts missed this badly. I am surprised to. It was quite obvious how badly Ron Brace played at times.

                            Ron Brace, Gerard Warren, Brandon Deaderick, and others are backups. Ty Warren and Wilfork are the only two legitimate starting DL on this team for a team of this caliber. I'm not saying we should have Haloti Ngata at DE as well, but let's help out or OLBs a bit. They were bad, but it's hard not to be when the DEs are retreating.
                            Yeah I agree, the fact we had wilfork playing some end to help vs the run is pretty sad.
                            Breed's QB Philosophy:
                            Originally posted by Breed
                            At the end of the day...

                            Mobility > Accuracy

                            Comment


                            • DE absolutely is a need. BB has worked out all the top DEs... my feeling is we are gunna come out of tomorrow or Friday with one of them

                              Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

                              Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

                              Comment


                              • I agree too, but DE imo is not as big a need as OLB, simply because of numbers. They only have 3 OLB's on the roster and two of those are at best backups and at worst should only be on special teams. At least they have some numbers on DE. With that said there are probably no OLB's in this draft that are worth taking in the first round. Jarvis Jenkins was mentioned. He is being very underrated. For a big guy he was making plays all over the field in the senior bowl. I'd take him in round 2 and would be thrilled to get him.
                                **
                                2012 Patriots Anti-Draft

                                1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

                                2 Anyone but McClellin, Wolfe, Doug Martin or an OT

                                3 Anyone but Wolfe

                                **

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information