Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todd McShay ----- " I think the patriots are going to trade to 9 to select cam jordan. i have heard from multiple sources about how infatuated they are with this player."

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

• Originally posted by proshoota25 View Post
      Todd McShay ----- " I think the patriots are going to trade to 9 to select cam jordan. i have heard from multiple sources about how infatuated they are with this player."
      A few thoughts about that.
      - I'd love to know who those multiple sources are.
      - Not saying it won't happen but I just don't see the Pats ever getting "infatuated" with any players in a draft.
      - They probably wouldn't need to trade up to get him.. or at least not that far.
      - I do like Jordan and would be happy to see the Pats get him, but I'd be very disappointed if they had to give up picks in a trade and then spend a top 10 pick to get him. He's just not worth that.
      2012 Patriots Anti-Draft

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

2 Anyone but McClellin, Wolfe, Doug Martin or an OT

3 Anyone but Wolfe

Comment

• Originally posted by TNPatsFan View Post
        A few thoughts about that.
        - I'd love to know who those multiple sources are.
        - Not saying it won't happen but I just don't see the Pats ever getting "infatuated" with any players in a draft.
        - They probably wouldn't need to trade up to get him.. or at least not that far.
        - I do like Jordan and would be happy to see the Pats get him, but I'd be very disappointed if they had to give up picks in a trade and then spend a top 10 pick to get him. He's just not worth that.
        Patriots are probably going to trade up to grab /someone/ from 17, then down from 28 to recoup their picks.
        Breed's QB Philosophy:
        Originally posted by Breed
        At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

• Originally posted by TNPatsFan View Post
          They probably wouldn't need to trade up to get him.. or at least not that far.
          If you want to talk internet rumors: Washington is also rumored to be infatuated with Cam Jordan - who has pick #10.
          **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
            I don't see any of those young guys as any more than depth. Ty is the only full time DE I see on our roster. Wright is great as a situational guy but is an immediate target for run audibles when he's in the game. G.Warren is not the answer and that means DE is a big need.

The biggest point of discord in our opinions is on the DEs available at 17 or 28. I see Cam Jordan, JJ Watt, Heyward and even Wilkerson as immediate upgrades over the talent we have as our LDE.

Jordan & Watt at 17 have pro-bowl potential without question in my mind. Heyward & Wilkerson at 28 (maybe 33) would be nice, if not.
            If I'm not mistaken Gerard isn't with the team anymore unless we resign him whenever that becomes a possibility.

I agree that the biggest point of disagreement between me and pretty much everyone is in the evaluation of the DE players for 34. I'm not as high as everyone on Watt and Jordan, and I'm not as down on our guys as everyone. I didn't think Wright got beat up by other teams as much as he, and everyone else in our line for that matter, got tired and couldn't hold up through the game and season.

I actually believe Heyward and Wilkerson are way better prospects than Jordan and Watt, and they would definitely be an upgrade opposite Ty, but I think if we manage to get Aldon Smith or Ryan Kerrigan they would improve our team much more than the DE's.

I truly believe the young talent we have can be developed into good starters. Deaderick and Weston are heading into their second year only, dismissing them as back ups without giving them a chance to show improvement is just too hasty for me.

Comment

• The last 24 hours suggest the Patriots are enamored with Cam Jordan (they did ask him to do linebacker drills...) and that they are looking to trade to 9 to ensure getting him. To recoup those picks, there is a big possibility of trading down to Oakland (who wants back in round 1) and taking their second and maybe their 2012 first . . . or 2012 second and something.
              **** her in da *****!

Comment

• The Jordan rumors are fairly new so they could be BS. The trade rumors for 28/33 netting a second and 2012 1st have been around a while, so it's a safe bet that's true. But we have all been talking trade w/the value of (most likely) QBs as trade bait, so that's no surprise.

I would be happy w/a move up for Jordan and a move down to recoup picks. Hopefully Cam will prove TNPatsfan wrong. :)

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• In a normal year I think they might have stayed at 17 or traded down, but with the uncertain (and now chaotic) labor situation, they need guys who can pick up the system quickly. By all accounts C.Jordan understands "gap responsibility" which is crucial for the Pats, thus I'd be not surprised at all for them to be sure they grab Jordan at whatever pick they deem necessary and recoup those with pick 28 or 33. The Pats just do no take OLB's in the first and I can't see them starting now, which leaves tackle. I don't know if any of this year's tackles warrant a pick at 17 - i.e. they can get comparable value probably in the second. While they might be enamored with Ingram, positional value wins out. The caveat here is if they think Wilkerson/Edwards offer comparable value to Jordan, so it comes down to how the team evaluates these players.

Comment

• http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ut-sixth-pick/

Mike Holmgren of the Browns has made it clear he wants to deal. At least one team is listening.

We don’t know how serious talks between the Patriots and Browns are, but Greg A. Bedard of the Boston Globe reports New England has talked with Cleveland regarding interest in the No. 6 overall pick. ESPN has also reported that the Patriots want to move.

Bedard figures the Patriots want to move up for UNC pass rusher Robert Quinn, who would convert to outside linebacker in New England. Bedard believes Julio Jones or Patrick Peterson could also be targets.
                    **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Just seen that. If the Pats take Quinn, Jones or Peterson I think my balls may blow Ive jizzed that much

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• thoughts on Scott's new mock? I'd jizz in my pants if it really played out like that...
                        Carimi, Heyward, Ryan Williams, Houston, Hankerson and Moffit

(#28 traded to Tennessee for their 2nd)

Carimi at RT, kick Sbass to LT and add Moffit to solidify the OL. We get our 5 tech, a pass rushing OLB and good sized WR to get off Revis Island

Comment

• Originally posted by ryno626 View Post
                          thoughts on Scott's new mock? I'd jizz in my pants if it really played out like that...
                          Carimi, Heyward, Ryan Williams, Houston, Hankerson and Moffit

(#28 traded to Tennessee for their 2nd)

Carimi at RT, kick Sbass to LT and add Moffit to solidify the OL. We get our 5 tech, a pass rushing OLB and good sized WR to get off Revis Island
                          I do like that mock. Not sold on Houston though personally. Im starting to come around to Ryan Williams in the second to be honest

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• That mock would definitely make me happy.

Trade talks with Cleveland, eh? C'mon AJ Green!!

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• I'm almost scared it's a WR. We've had **** luck with WRs.

**** her in da *****!

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                                That mock would definitely make me happy.

Trade talks with Cleveland, eh? C'mon AJ Green!!
                                C'mon Robert Quinn!

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information