X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Here's my take on Solder. He's a tall, skinny, athletic OT who was the OL of the year in one of the best conferences in the NCAA and was one of the top 5 (top 2 or 3 by many accounts) OT's in the draft. He needs a lot of development and a lot of added strength and bulk.

Now, flash back a couple years. The Pats drafted Sebastian Vollmer in the second round. He was also a tall, athletic OT who needed a lot of development. The difference is he played in Conference USA and was considered a major reach in the second round as most people had him rated a late round developmental prospect.

Despite that, Vollmer stepped in at LT early in his rookie year when Light went down and played very well.

I say if Dante can get a guy like Vollmer ready to play well that quickly then there's no reason to think he can't get Solder, with all of his upside, ready to play a lot and play well as a rookie.
      2012 Patriots Anti-Draft

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

2 Anyone but McClellin, Wolfe, Doug Martin or an OT

3 Anyone but Wolfe

Comment

• Solder is the ultimate projection tackle right now. He weighs 319 pounds right now and is STILL skinny because of his extremely low bodyfat percentage. He may never be a guy that's bulky...but that's a good thing. He's got one of those rare frames that will allow him to play at 340+ and maintain his athletic ability. It might take him awhile to work up to that and he may never really reach that point, but watch out if he gets even half way there.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• So with the lockout lifted, anyone have any idea when we can start getting guys in here? I know Monday was a day alot of players said they would show up to team facilities, but any idea when we can get some of the new guys in?

Originally posted by WMD
          Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
          Originally posted by gpngc
          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
            So with the lockout lifted

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...or-nfl-teams/1

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Interesting note - fifth-round pick Marcus Cannon is represented by CAA, Tom Condon's agency.

Comment

• That report seems like the guy who wrote it is more confused than I am haha. I guess we have to wait and see haha

Originally posted by WMD
                Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                Originally posted by gpngc
                I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                  Interesting note - fifth-round pick Marcus Cannon is represented by CAA, Tom Condon's agency.
                  This stuff is going to get ridiculously fun then.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                    :O

Why did they let him stand on a step ladder... lol
                    **** her in da *****!

Comment

• He is really freaking tall, that's for sure. Even in a suit, that doesn't look like a 320 pound man either. They just showed him on the ESPN Draft wrap up special and managed to find the ONE clip he actually looked good against Cam Jordan haha.

Teddy and Kiper are ripping into what we did in the draft pretty hard too, with good reason. I know we all like to put down talking heads, but I honestly see where they're coming from on this one.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I gave the draft a D. I feel this team just got younger. That's a good thing, but I don't feel it's better. We are replacing positions that are relatively unimportant (FB, Blocking TE, 3rd rb). I really feel we could have got nearly equal value in FA for those picks (except our new 3rd runningback - Vereen).

I mean, we seriously just invested a 3rd round pick into a fullback. A ****ing fullback. Are you kidding me?
                        **** her in da *****!

Comment

• A fullback conversion prospect, even.

I'm a very big fan of the first three picks as individual players...so much so that I'm OK with glossing over other needs...but I'm not OK with dicking around like we won the Super Bowl and our general approach. It's a draft that will be remembered for being less than the sum of it's individual parts simply because we didn't do anything to make the team better right away.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I agree with Desc.
                            The only reason I gave it a C was bc I really like the Solder, Dowling, Vereen and Mallett picks.
                            Raised it from a D to a C. That and the first two trades. I really like the value we got.
                            I tend to wonder how Bonner or Sintim would look in a NE uniform.
                            I don't think their lack of production on other teams means they would have had similar results with us.

I agree that the blocking TE and FB picks were shockers.
                            Is it just me or was the 6th rd OLB selection a kick in the nuts?
                            Seriously Bill? At this point, we don't believe you were ever interested in addressing the need.
                            We're not falling for it now lol
                            -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                              Is it just me or was the 6th rd OLB selection a kick in the nuts?
                              Seriously Bill? At this point, we don't believe you were ever interested in addressing the need.
                              We're not falling for it now lol
                              It's like asking your Mom for Nike's and having her come home with that weird brand from Walmart and selling you on how it's the same thing. It really ******* isn't Billy boy.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• hahahahaha... exactly...

"WTF is this, mom? That's not what I asked for!"
                                "I asked the salesman. He said they're the same thing"
                                -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information