Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayo needs to make a big jump in 2012. I think he's a beast and will do so w/out issue, assuming health.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• I wish he was more of a turnover machine. 1 FF and 0 int's needs to increase.
      A line of 5 sacks, 3 Ints and 5 FF's would be amazing

I'm aware these aren't turnovers
      -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Marcus Cannon on the lump found at the combine: "It's completely gone"

PUP anyone? Maybe he won't be on IR.

edit: Solder, Mankins, Koppen, Cannon, Vollmer... as a starting OL for 5 years (assuming a young C isn't brought in) is a pretty stud OL.
        Last edited by descendency; 05-19-2011, 03:28 PM.
        **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Friggin' sweet. NOW GET INTO THE WEIGHT ROOM!
          Day 1 starter at RG... I can definitely wish

Comment

• That running game is going to be amazing if Cannon can get healthy quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
              That running game is going to be amazing if Cannon can get healthy quickly.
              Isn't he still doing chemotherapy? He's a guaranteed member of IR this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by J255979-11nine View Post
                Isn't he still doing chemotherapy? He's a guaranteed member of IR this year.
                PUP might be possible. It depends on how his next medical checkup goes. But I'm with you, he's a 2012 starter and maybe leverage in the Mankins deal. (sadly)
                **** her in da *****!

Comment

• That's great news. Hopefully he beats lymphoma (90% chance, statistically) and it sounds like he's doing well still, with little of the common side effects of chemo. If that continues there's a chance he sees action this year, which would be incredible. He has the makings of a huge sentimental favorite in NE. Huge . . . literally and figuratively. This kid is monsterous.

Comment

• Ideally I think BB will want Cannon to drop a bit of weight before being put into the starting lineup. A common side effect of chemo is he will drop a lot of weight, and God willing he beats the illness, it may actually turn into a good thing for him in the system.

The Patriots need their OGs to be great in pass protection and, especially their RG, needs to be a very good pulling OG. Dan Connolly had a few good plays last year in space in the run game. Im just not sure Cannon could be successful in space if he's over 350lbs. If he gets down to 330lbs and keeps his strength then he could be one of the most athletically dominant interior linemen in the league.

I gotta say im excited about him presuming he gets over the cancer

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• The concern for Cannon isn't weight. It's oxygen to blood ratios. Higher weighted people require a better oxygen to blood ratio to (e)motivate their motion, but when after chemo has run its course, Cannon will likely have lost weight.

He'll just be in poor shape.
                      **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Gronkowski had the 9th best drop percentage and Hernandez had the 2nd worst (both for TEs)

Deion Branch was tied for 10th best WRs in drop percentage. Welker was 10th worst. (Randy Moss was 4th worst over the last 3 years - though something tells me he didn't get enough targets this year to make this years list. The other three were Braylon Edwards, Dwayne Bowe, and Terrell Owens)

No Patriots RBs were in the top or bottom 15 pass droppers at their position, though Pierre Thomas was #1 (best) for this season in passes dropped percentage.

(All according to PFF)

Here's a Devin McCourty interview: http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...land-patriots/
                        **** her in da *****!

Comment

• 50- W.Welker
                          62-J.Mayo

Three to go: T.Brady, V.Wilfork and L.Mankins. (My guesses)

Comment

• Hey guys,

I'm a newcomer to this forum, but I've been a longtime lurker. I expect to be actively involved in the future seeing how it's the summer and I don't have a lot of better things to do since I came back from school. Do you guys have any advice to give a newcomer?

Also how do you see some of the training camp battles turning out? In cases like DE, MLB, and safety who do you see getting the most playing time?

QB2-Ryan Mallet/Brian Hoyer
                            3DRB- Danny Woodhead/Shane Vereen
                            WR3- Brandon Tate/Taylor Price
                            Blocking TE- Lee Smith/Alge Crumpler
                            LT- Matt Light?/Nate Solder
                            DE- Brace/Pryor/Wright/Deadrick/Stroud
                            MLB- Spikes/Guyton/Fletcher
                            CB2- Bodden/Dowling/Arrington
                            FS- Meriweather/Sanders/Page

Comment

• Originally posted by cmarq83 View Post
                              Hey guys,

I'm a newcomer to this forum, but I've been a longtime lurker. I expect to be actively involved in the future seeing how it's the summer and I don't have a lot of better things to do since I came back from school. Do you guys have any advice to give a newcomer?
                              Don't be afraid to say what you mean. But you don't have to be a d*ck about it. lol

Don't let the anti-pats sentiment bother you. Just enjoy the view from the top. ;)

In general, just be respectful. There's plenty of awesome members here from all over the country & world. The dumbasses make themselves known pretty quickly.

Originally posted by cmarq83 View Post
                              Also how do you see some of the training camp battles turning out? In cases like DE, MLB, and safety who do you see getting the most playing time?

QB2-Ryan Mallet/Brian Hoyer
                              3DRB- Danny Woodhead/Shane Vereen
                              WR3- Brandon Tate/Taylor Price
                              Blocking TE- Lee Smith/Alge Crumpler
                              LT- Matt Light?/Nate Solder
                              DE- Brace/Pryor/Wright/Deadrick/Stroud
                              MLB- Spikes/Guyton/Fletcher
                              CB2- Bodden/Dowling/Arrington
                              FS- Meriweather/Sanders/Page
                              Across the board, rookies won't take over spots from other guys because of the lockout. There's not enough time for them to get up to speed w/no coaching, no playbooks, and no true summer work. Obviously, that can change quickly if the rich folk can hammer out a deal over the billion or so in "scraps."

Hoyer should hold down the #2 spot. He's talented, poised and - most importantly with the lockout - experienced. Mallet with no time to prepare, learn and get coached up will not take over the backup spot until late season, at best.

Woodhead will probably keep his spot initially, especially with the lockout. Mostly, though, it's b/c rookies generally suck at pass pro.

The media (and my eyes from late season) has me believing we'll see a bunch more Taylor Price. But don't be shocked if we see more of both Tate & Price and a bit less of Branch.

Crumpler isn't getting bumped by the rookie. Smith has Practice Squad written all over him.

The answer to Light v. Solder is simple: if Light is re-signed he starts.

DE . . . tough one. Wright has proven he will not be kept out of the lineup but his injury may change that. The rest of those names are great big question marks, and the reason many of the Pats fans on this board wanted a DE out of this very deep class.

Spikes, and it's not even close. He was very impressive last year.

I'm going to take the long shot and say Dowling over Bodden. I would love to see Bodden come back strong and studly, but his history is that of an inconsistent and oft injure CB.

Safety will be the same as ever - rotation, rotation, rotation. I still see Meri as the best of the bunch but he's got to stop missing big when he misses. Of course, his off-field nonsense may impact that.

Welcome to the non-lurking fun!

Comment

• Pretty much everything Elvis just said haha

Originally posted by WMD
                                Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                                Originally posted by gpngc
                                I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information