This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
    Lawson intriques me. Anyone know if the 49ers actually used him as rusher? Throwing around sack numbers or saying he has no pass rushing ability can be misleading if he wasn't rushing do to scheme. Generally, I'd say no coach worth their salt would waste his talents if he was a stud rusher, but in this case it's the 49ers and they've had some ineptitude rolling through the coaching ranks for a while now.
    Having seen every game Lawson has played, I can tell you with 100% certainty that he has no passrushing skill whatsoever. He has only a speed move and it's generally ineffective. Once an OT gets his hands on him, it's over. RBs handle him as well. It's been painful watching him attempt to rush. We all envisioned him as a passrushing demon and it never materialized. The team just gave up and only had him cover and set the edge in the run game, two areas that he accels at. He's not a bad player, just not a passrusher at all. I'd say two thirds of his career sacks are from QBs scrambling to his side for easy sacks. I wouldn't mind the Niners keeping him, but not when he wants to be paid similar to what sack-artists make, which is insane.
    The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• I'm surprised that no one was raging over the article NFL put out about how the pats chances of winning another super bowl are gone because we don't have any RBs in the backfield. Maybe they forgot we drafted two rbs, got good production out of woodhead, or the fact the law firm had a 1000 yard season.

Originally posted by WMD
      Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
      Originally posted by gpngc
      I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• No need to rage when you don't take the article seriously
        -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
          TBC had one good year of rushing and that was it. I hated him when we got had him the first time, hated him even when he was doing well with the sacks. He isn't a smart player when hes asked to do more then rush the Qb.
          He is what he is, but the comment was about how he played a lot better here than the did there. I think the same would be true for Lawson.

Lawson could also fill quite a few roles allowing the patriots to keep an extra developmental guy on the roster.

And LOL @ Barrett Rudd.
          **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
            No need to rage when you don't take the article seriously
            I know at this point it's just laughable. Although we all know what won us those first two sbs was a crushing running game haha.

Originally posted by WMD
            I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
              I know at this point it's just laughable. Although we all know what won us those first two sbs was a crushing running game haha.
              Antowain Smith FTW

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• Charles Johnson is a guy who intrigues me. He doesn't have a lot of height but that hasn't been a huge selling factor when it comes to our pass rushers lately. He doesn't have 3-4 experience but I think he could do it, he is very athletic and is probably the best pure rusher on the market. We haven't really had his name come up either so that makes him a more likely candidate then guys we've discussed like Kiwi and Lawson.

Comment

• Anyone looking for a new sig? I just made a whole bunch of extras, so feel free to claim one of these!

Bill Belichick

Tom Brady

Deion Branch

Troy Brown

Dan Connolly

Julian Edelman

Kevin Faulk

BenJarvus Green-Ellis

Jerod Mayo

Jerod Mayo/Devin McCourty

Willie McGinest

Brandon Meriweather

Ty Warren

Wes Welker

Vince Wilfork

Danny Woodhead

Mike Wright

Misc.

Comment

• Also, let me know if you guys have any requests! I'll see what I can do re. other players.

Comment

• TBC

So, the big pass rusher is out 5 weeks. Will this change anything in Pats plans?

Comment

• no. extra characters

Comment

• Tully is ok. But now maybe they can get someone better.

Comment

• Originally posted by snowplow View Post
                            Tully is ok. But now maybe they can get someone better.
                            no. extra characters

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
                              no. extra characters
                              what the hell you talking about? no extra.....

Comment

• Tully isn't great and we don't have a pass rush to get affected by this anyway so quick response no I don't think it will affect us that much.

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information