This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by snowplow View Post
    what the hell you talking about? no extra.....
    They're not getting someone better than Tully. Whether there's a guy out there or not...it's just not going to happen.

Comment

• According to Football Outsiders, despite recording just 3.5 sacks last year, Matt Roth totaled 24.5 QB hurries. Pretty impressive for a guy with the size (6'4", 275) to actually man the elephant here. He seems to be out of Cleveland now that Mangini left and they're moving back to a 4-3, so it seems legitimately possible he signs here. Would be able to come right in with an idea of what it is like to play in this defense.

Comment

• Preseason Predictions:

Nick Kaczur cut.
        TBC cut.
        Mankins resigned.

Matt light to Pittsburgh.
        Ochocinco to New England
        Cullen Jenkins to New England
        Matt Roth to New England.

Which will crash and burn first? lol.
        Breed's QB Philosophy:
        Originally posted by Breed
        At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

• Why would they cut those guys? Kaczur looked good at OG before getting injured and is a really good backup despite maybe not being the best starting option. I don't see Matt Light not coming back for at least one more year.

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
            Why would they cut those guys? Kaczur looked good at OG before getting injured and is a really good backup despite maybe not being the best starting option. I don't see Matt Light not coming back for at least one more year.
            Kaczur's salary is too high to justify. He's injury prone and average at best. If Marcus Cannon comes into camp I see no chance for him.

Light I'd like to see come back, but I get the feeling NE lowballs him and he moves on.
            Breed's QB Philosophy:
            Originally posted by Breed
            At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
              Why would they cut those guys? Kaczur looked good at OG before getting injured and is a really good backup despite maybe not being the best starting option. I don't see Matt Light not coming back for at least one more year.
              Just to play devil's advocate...Kaczur is owed $4.38 million this year, which is really high for a player of his caliber, especially if he's not going to be starting somewhere on the line. By releasing him, the Patriots can recoup about $3.4 million. He's about to turn 32 in a few days and is coming off of a bad back injury. Who's to say that he will fully recover and be able to play at the same level he was playing at before getting injured? Also, I heard Matt Light was not pleased that the Patriots drafted Nate Solder in the first round, and it's possible that he could leave for more money/security on a team like the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by BradysKnee View Post
                Preseason Predictions:

Nick Kaczur cut.
                TBC cut.
                Mankins resigned.

Matt light to Pittsburgh.
                Ochocinco to New England
                Cullen Jenkins to New England
                Matt Roth to New England.

Which will crash and burn first? lol.
                It seems like Cullen Jenkins will probably go somewhere like Washington or Buffalo, and Matt Light is not a fit whatsoever in Pittsburgh's inline blocking scheme. Aside from that, I think you have a decent shot of any/all of those being correct.

Comment

• Where have you heard about Light not being happy about the Solder pick? I agree about Cullen Jenkins, from what I understand he is going to ask for a lot of money and Washington are rumored to be very interested in him. I'd love to get Matt Roth, he's a decent player who could excel in BBs system. Nice scenario by Bradysknee there, I would be more than happy with that. But like RoP said, Light is a terrible fit in Pitt.
                  Last edited by Razor; 07-25-2011, 08:34 AM.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
                  I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• Light was interviewed on either EEI or 98.5 one night the week after the draft and he was **** faced and talked about the uncertainty of his future here

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                      Light was interviewed on either EEI or 98.5 one night the week after the draft and he was **** faced and talked about the uncertainty of his future here
                      Really? Why hasn't this been a bigger deal in the media? This is the first I've heard of it...

Originally posted by ElectricEye
                      I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• Originally posted by Razor View Post
                        Where have you heard about Light not being happy about the Solder pick? I agree about Cullen Jenkins, from what I understand he is going to ask for a lot of money and Washington are rumored to be very interested in him. I'd love to get Matt Roth, he's a decent player who could excel in BBs system. Nice scenario by Bradysknee there, I would be more than happy with that. But like RoP said, Light is a terrible fit in Pitt.
                        Here's what I heard: a bunch of Patriots were at a party together watching the draft, and after seeing Nate Solder get picked, Matt Light stormed out of the party. I believe it was posted on Vince Wilfork's Twitter.

Comment

• FB Eric Kettani and WR Tyree Barnes fulfilled their two-year commitments to the Navy and will be returning to the team in time for the start of training camp. I remember Kettani being a very good prospect aside from his service requirement a couple of drafts ago, I wonder what his chances of making the roster are.

Comment

• Extra Brady sig (haha):

Comment

• I just want Mankins resigned right now. I doubt we will address the pass rush at all this off season.

Originally posted by WMD
                              Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                              Originally posted by gpngc
                              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• We need to long term extend mankins because he's a huge cap number now.
                                **** her in da *****!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information