Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agreed. If we're not going to address the OLB position then at least resign our best OL.
    With that said, I wonder if we're forced to look at OLB (for bodies, at least) bc of the TBC injury
    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Anyone think its possible we take Gholston? lol
      Breed's QB Philosophy:
      Originally posted by Breed
      At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

• I hope not. haha

Originally posted by WMD
        Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
        Originally posted by gpngc
        I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Why not? At the least, we pick his brain. At most, he averages 20 sacks/season, wins DPOY and we laugh at Rex the entire time.
          That right there is worth the risk... how unlikely that is lol

Comment

• Gholston will be a Patriot and will beast for us

Comment

• That's just one of those things in life that would be too good to be true.

Originally posted by WMD
              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Also, would people rather have Ocho rather then just taking Moss back, I think I might prefer Moss to Ocho tbh.

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                  Also, would people rather have Ocho rather then just taking Moss back, I think I might prefer Moss to Ocho tbh.
                  Based on how quickly Moss was dumped last season, I think it's safe to say he won't be back again. Seemed like Belichick wanted him out ASAP, presumably because he was about to become a disruption. It also seemed like the offense was more efficient without all of the low-percentage/Randy ratio throws. I think Ochocinco could be pretty good here - he is a friend of Belichick's and should know New England would be his last real opportunity to win something before he retired, similar to what motivated Corey Dillon coming over from the Bengals. I probably wouldn't bring him in via trade, but if/when he's cut by the Bengals he could come in and have something to offer here.

Comment

• The only reason Moss was ousted was because he was purposely becoming a distraction. I think he still needs to cool off a bit, but I could see them letting him come back if his attitude has changed from when he was with Tennessee.

Really think Chad Johnson is the better route, though. That guy wants nothing more than to play with the Patriots. He already gets it.

Comment

• Patriots to release CB Tony Carter

The Patriots have informed CB Tony Carter that they will be releasing him. The Patriots are estimated to save $480,000 of Carter's $490,000 salary. Carter was projected to get lost in the shuffle considering New England's depth at CB.

Comment

• Oh nooooo!!!!!!!!! lol

Comment

• damn thats a huge hit to our secondary lol

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

• Patriots sign Maryland TE Will Yeatman

Yeatman is 6'6" but weighs only 270 pounds, making him a candidate for the practice squad. He played tight end in college but projects as an offensive tackle in the NFL. The Patriots have historically shown interest in TE/OT conversions, notably Tom Ashworth, Steve Maneri, and Nate Solder. Yeatman was a college lacrosse player, which might endear him to head coach Bill Belichick.

Comment

• Boston College LB Mark Herzlich signs with New York Giants

This isn't exactly Patriots-related, but considering Herzlich was a local favorite on the boards, I thought it was worth mentioning. It was rumored last night that Herzlich would be signing with the Ravens, but instead, he will be joining the Giants, where ex-Boston College coach Tom Coughlin is the top dog. I see this as a good decision for Herzlich - joining a stable, winning organization that could use his help.

Comment

• Patriots sign Nevada DE Ryan Coulson

The Patriots have reportedly signed undrafted Nevada DE Ryan Coulson to a deal. Coulson recorded 55 tackles, 8.5 tackles for loss, and 3.5 sacks last season for the Wolfpack. He measured in at 6'3" and 243 lbs. at his pro day. He was named a defensive team captain last year, and projects to try and make the transition from 4-3 defensive end to 3-4 outside linebacker.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information