This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by descendency View Post
    ESPNís Adam Schefter reports that Mankins will sign his franchise tender and report to work this week.
    Can't see that happening without some kind of understanding that a long term deal isn't far down the road, given his previous stance. This labor thing was bad for the NFL, but it well could have led to some recovery between this organization and Mankins.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
      Can't see that happening without some kind of understanding that a long term deal isn't far down the road, given his previous stance. This labor thing was bad for the NFL, but it well could have led to some recovery between this organization and Mankins.
      I agree - but Schefter isn't Mike Silver or Ron Borges.
      **** her in da *****!

Comment

• The franchise tag will still pay a nice sum. He won't have to sign & play for the lower offer that came last year under the RFA rules.

Maybe seeing VJax getting totally hosed by San Diego w/an even lower contract once he returned to them helped Logan realize the Patriots really were being reasonable with him. Even if he was being a douchey little crybaby.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• Originally posted by descendency View Post
          I agree - but Schefter isn't Mike Silver or Ron Borges.
          Good lord I hope he's not Borges. The New England equivalent to Skip Bayless. Can't stand that guy.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I like Skip Bayless...

Ron Borges is like anti-Mike Reiss.
            **** her in da *****!

Comment

• I'm 50/50 with Skip. Sometimes I agree... other times, I think he's an idiot
              -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• I don't mind Skip Bayless, or Borges for that matter either when it actually comes down to it, but both of them have the tendency to say things just for a reaction. Borges knows the game for sure, but some of the stuff he's said about BB over the years is just pure crap. I'm all for objective criticism, but Borges really grasps at straws a lot of the time.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Right now all reports indicate Mankins will sign the tender and report to camp this week which is good news, maybe we'll finally be able to get something done, here's to wishful thinking.

Also while I doubt it, I really hope the cutting of TBC means we'll be looking for someone to replace him in free agency.

Originally posted by WMD
                  Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                  Originally posted by gpngc
                  I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Just looking around different places and looking at potential FAs there is really no one out there who I think "God I really hope we get him".

At WR names like Braylon Edwards and Sidney Rice have been mentioned though neither are likely and both have significant risks for the money. Ochocinco would be tempting as would Brad Smith who we have been linked with.

At OLB Matt Roth would be a nice fit but is nothing more than solid. Kiwanuka is a huge injury risk for any type of contract and Lawson isn't a pass rusher.

At DE Cullen Jenkins should be out of the price range.

Really if Mankins signs long term then we dont need any help at OG which rules out both Dahl and Blalock. There are no real OCs of worth.

I think, barring a major surprise, this could actually be a quiet few days for the Pats.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• yeah it was a REAL quiet first day for the pats... has anyone heard any "legit" rumors? (oxymoron haha)

only one i heard of all day was us targeting brad smith.

hopefully, our team will be thrown around more in rumors tomorrow

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

• Is anybody else slightly irked by the situation the Jets are in right now. 2010 dead money does not apply towards the cap number for the 2011 season. This was a huge coup for the Jets who got out of a pretty substantial amount of dead money from the terrible Gholston and Jenkins deals. Now after offseasons where they essentially spent money like it was going out of style they might have the opportunity to sign a HOF CB like Asomugha. For certain teams that have been prudent over the past few years (Pats) this must be hard to swallow.

I personally have been looking forward to this offseason for the Jets since 2008 when they signed Pace, Jenkins, Shepperd, and Faneca. They should have been forced to make some tough decisions by now, but luck keeps falling their way (First uncapped year, now this). If they get Asomugha it causes huge problems to the Pats offensively, and since they're a team we face 2, maybe 3 times a year I wouldn't look forward to it. Hopefully depth becomes an issue for them eventually.

Comment

• As horrible as it makes me feel to respect anything the Jets do . . .

I really don't have any issue with them getting lucky with their cap situation. I simply cannot bring myself to hate on the teams that are aggressive in FA. The anti-Patriot way is admirable in its own right.

It also makes it even sweeter when we mop the floor with them.

Comment

• Originally posted by cmarq83 View Post
                            Is anybody else slightly irked by the situation the Jets are in right now. 2010 dead money does not apply towards the cap number for the 2011 season. This was a huge coup for the Jets who got out of a pretty substantial amount of dead money from the terrible Gholston and Jenkins deals. Now after offseasons where they essentially spent money like it was going out of style they might have the opportunity to sign a HOF CB like Asomugha. For certain teams that have been prudent over the past few years (Pats) this must be hard to swallow.

I personally have been looking forward to this offseason for the Jets since 2008 when they signed Pace, Jenkins, Shepperd, and Faneca. They should have been forced to make some tough decisions by now, but luck keeps falling their way (First uncapped year, now this). If they get Asomugha it causes huge problems to the Pats offensively, and since they're a team we face 2, maybe 3 times a year I wouldn't look forward to it. Hopefully depth becomes an issue for them eventually.
                            You know, even if the jets sign Aso, it is certainly an upgrade to their team, but I don't think it makes them /that/ much better. They have severe holes elsewhere on the D. We seem to be building to play heavy and run the ball, and use our TEs more anyway. Basically attacking NYJs weaknesses.

I gotta say though, they are betting the farm. If they don't win a super bowl shortly, they are screwed for awhile. I just do not see how they can sign aso, holmes, edwards. I just cant see it.
                            Breed's QB Philosophy:
                            Originally posted by Breed
                            At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

• Any upgrades the Jets make, makes me sad
                              -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• They agreed to terms with Holmes. Details of the deal may make signing other big name FAs a bit difficult.

link to (ugh) espn

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information