This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
    They agreed to terms with Holmes. Details of the deal may make signing other big name FAs a bit difficult.

link to (ugh) espn
    I'll be honest I was really hoping they lost holmes. Him resigning to me is a bigger + for the Jets than Aso signing.
    Breed's QB Philosophy:
    Originally posted by Breed
    At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

• if the Jets sign Asomugha it clearly makes them better and gives them more flexibility with their coverages. But really will they be a better team.

They are going to lose both Edwards and Brad Smith at WR.

Is Vladimir Ducasse really ready to start at RT now Woody is retired?

Matt Slausen is one of the worst OGs in the NFL.

Can Shonne Greene carry the load and what does LT have left?

Losing Shaun Ellis could really hurt them. Devito is a good player but not on the same level as Ellis and Muh Wilkerson is only a rookie.

Obviously Cromartie is more than offset by Aso, but adding one player to the defense may come at the cost of losing 4 or 5 more than solid contributors.

I don't think the Jets will be good enough offensively next year to make much noise

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• man, the size of the contracts being handed out are insane. you gotta think the middle tier guys we would target will also get higher than value contracts cuz they will be high in demand. i dont have a lot of confidence we will get anyone we want

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

• Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
          if the Jets sign Asomugha it clearly makes them better and gives them more flexibility with their coverages. But really will they be a better team.

Losing Shaun Ellis could really hurt them. Devito is a good player but not on the same level as Ellis and Muh Wilkerson is only a rookie.

Obviously Cromartie is more than offset by Aso, but adding one player to the defense may come at the cost of losing 4 or 5 more than solid contributors.

I don't think the Jets will be good enough offensively next year to make much noise
          You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to AntoinCD again.
          I couldn't agree more. I don't fear the Jets, even if they get Aso. This Patriots team looks very balanced, so if the Pets want to cover we'll just run it down their throat. No big deal, I still think we can throw the ball against them. They have two great corner, we have lots of people who knows how to get open: Welker, Branch, Gronk, Hernandez, Tate, Edelman and Price. No way they can stop everyone...

Originally posted by ElectricEye
          I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

if the Jets sign Asomugha it clearly makes them better and gives them more flexibility with their coverages. But really will they be a better team.

Exactly. I don't fear a team that needs to win 6-3.
            **** her in da *****!

Comment

• We are clearly pats fans saying that the Jets getting Aso wont be that bad for us or that they'll only be a little better. They'll be a LOT better. Our wrs couldn't get open at all in January against them last year, what are we expecting them to do if they sign Aso? Sorry but if they end up getting Aso on top of signing holmes long term I for one will be very scared of that team.

Originally posted by WMD
              Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
              Originally posted by gpngc
              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• The Jets have a **** ton of question marks but I am pissed they got Holmes back and if they get Aso then that is really bad no matter how you slice it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                  We are clearly pats fans saying that the Jets getting Aso wont be that bad for us or that they'll only be a little better. They'll be a LOT better. Our wrs couldn't get open at all in January against them last year, what are we expecting them to do if they sign Aso? Sorry but if they end up getting Aso on top of signing holmes long term I for one will be very scared of that team.
                  That game was so flukey... The Pats beat themselves.

Point to what the Jets are doing, but the Pats are still getting better simply by having a young team that is developing quickly.

A 14-2 team getting their Pro Bowl DE back, their #1 CB from two years ago back, upgrading the OL, having the offensive unit back in its entirety from the stretch last year, and developing more new leaders from experience.

People can be in awe of the Revis-Aso duo, but the Pats should have the better overall secondary and McCourty-Bodden is among the Top 5 duos in the NFL if Bodden is ready to go.

The Jets have a lot of moving parts, whereas the Patriots are one of the few teams that can get on the field and play right away without any issues because they have almost zero roster turnover. That's huge for this season.

Comment

• Pats resign Sammy Morris to a 1 year deal. dont see where he fits to be honest lol

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
                      That game was so flukey... The Pats beat themselves.

Point to what the Jets are doing, but the Pats are still getting better simply by having a young team that is developing quickly.

A 14-2 team getting their Pro Bowl DE back, their #1 CB from two years ago back, upgrading the OL, having the offensive unit back in its entirety from the stretch last year, and developing more new leaders from experience.

People can be in awe of the Revis-Aso duo, but the Pats should have the better overall secondary and McCourty-Bodden is among the Top 5 duos in the NFL if Bodden is ready to go.

The Jets have a lot of moving parts, whereas the Patriots are one of the few teams that can get on the field and play right away without any issues because they have almost zero roster turnover. That's huge for this season.
                      I personally disagree with a bunch of this, I don't think we beat ourselves against the Jets, I think the Jets came up with an awesome defensive gameplan and we didn't adapt very well, although not going to the hurry up offense in the fourth was causing me to foam at the mouth so in those regards the pats beat themselves.

I don't see how we could have the better secondary when Bodden had one good year for us and is coming back from injury as well as McCourty only having one good season for us as well. Not to say either was a fluke or can't be repeated but I don't think it means we can say it would be better then Aso + Revis. We don't have a huge turnover but then again our young talent that played so well last year isn't going to get the same amount of pre season practice to take the next step up, because they are going to be expected to. I don't want to sound like a negative nancy because Im sure I do sometimes but I want see it first before I get my hopes up haha. I love the team we have right now and had a blast last season watching them play, but I want to see if they can take that next step this season (and hell maybe not lose to the Jets ;D )

Originally posted by WMD
                      Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                      Originally posted by gpngc
                      I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                        We are clearly pats fans saying that the Jets getting Aso wont be that bad for us or that they'll only be a little better. They'll be a LOT better. Our wrs couldn't get open at all in January against them last year, what are we expecting them to do if they sign Aso? Sorry but if they end up getting Aso on top of signing holmes long term I for one will be very scared of that team.
                        See I disagree. Holmes coming back helps them but Im not scared of Shonne Greene running the ball. Their #2 WR is Cotchery who is the definition of average and who's after that? Where's the depth if someone gets hurt or Holmes gets suspended?

Defensively sure it will be like Rex Ryan's wet dream dialling up all the exotic blitz schemes with the two guys on the back end covering one on one. But losing Shaun Ellis means they lose their best pass rusher. Losing Kris Jenkins means they lose their best run stuffer. Once again, where's the depth? Wilkerson will be forced to start more than likely.

Not one Jet scares me as a pass rusher. If the interior of the Patriots line has a better game in January we win. Despite no one getting open all game we were still in the game. If Crumpler catches the TD that he dropped in the 1st how does the game go?

We should also be a hell of a lot better running the ball this year.

Comment

• I think even with Asomugha we're still about on the same talent level with the Jets. We're better at defensive line, at the skill positions, and at QB. Overall I think our secondary is pretty much on par and definitely has the potential to be as good as that Jets secondary which actually has some pretty terrible safety depth.

Still I can't say I'm not disappointed. I was expecting the Jets to be in salary cap jail this season, and not only did they completely avoid it, but they could get a HOF in his prime. Not to mention that Tannenbaum pulled off some devil magic by making Holmes's cap number $2.45 million. Now instead of getting worse they could realistically retain most of their free agents as well as add Asomugha.

Comment

Defensively sure it will be like Rex Ryan's wet dream dialling up all the exotic blitz schemes with the two guys on the back end covering one on one. But losing Shaun Ellis means they lose their best pass rusher. Losing Kris Jenkins means they lose their best run stuffer. Once again, where's the depth? Wilkerson will be forced to start more than likely.
                            How are they "losing their best run stuffer" Kris Jenkins if he didn't play at all last year. They still finished third against the run without him.

I wouldn't call Shaun Ellis their best pass rusher either. Good player, but he turned real average last season. That's not something they'll be losing sleep over with talent coming in on the defensive line from the draft.

Aso makes them a MUCH better team, like it or not. They lack a big time stud front seven player(they've got tons who fit the system quite well though), but they really don't need one if they're free to rush however many they want.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                              How are they "losing their best run stuffer" Kris Jenkins if he didn't play at all last year. They still finished third against the run without him.

I wouldn't call Shaun Ellis their best pass rusher either. Good player, but he turned real average last season. That's not something they'll be losing sleep over with talent coming in on the defensive line from the draft.

Aso makes them a MUCH better team, like it or not. They lack a big time stud front seven player(they've got tons who fit the system quite well though), but they really don't need one if they're free to rush however many they want.
                              Shaun Ellis absolutely killed Dan Koppen/Dan Connolly in the playoffs.

In regards to their front 7 the have 2 better than average ILBs and the rest is all schemed around average role players. Their safeties are also very average and have no depth. If a team handles the blitzes like the Pats did in week 13 then they can be dominated.

Their defensive line is currently two career backups in Devito and Pouha who played very well in relief last year, Muh Wilkerson and Kenrick Ellis-two unproven rookies and a few journey men. Not a lot to right home about of the rookies dont pan out or they get hit by injuries.

Comment

• Secondary isn't just corners. The Pats have a really nice group of safeties.

The main thing with that game was the Pats came out flat and didn't get into the game until the 4th quarter. The only player who was playing with any kind of fire was Julian Edelman.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information