This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
    I've heard Mallett has made some big throws but has struggled a little bit on some of the finer points. Basically, about what people expected from him so far.
    Yeah he's still firmly behind Hoyer as the backup and I expect that to continue until the very least next year. They did cut Crompton though so it looks like they're trying to get him as many reps as possible for a 3rd stringer

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• lights contract details are in.... 2 years 12 mill with 7 guaranteed.

not sure how i feel about this to be honest with you. we overpaid imo to keep our guy here, but its necessary if we wanna keep the golden boy upright

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

• .... and there goes manny lawson to the bengals :-/

please bill, we beg ya, get a pass rusher

Comment

• Originally posted by proshoota25 View Post
          .... and there goes manny lawson to the bengals :-/

please bill, we beg ya, get a pass rusher
          For 3 million for 1 year... wow.

I really wonder if Belichick plans to play a 43 defense... because Lawson would have been a huge improvement over Rob Ninkovich.

edit: About Moss

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/68...ome-nfl-missed
          Last edited by descendency; 08-02-2011, 05:55 AM.
          **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Yeah, I'm surprised how cheap Lawson came for Cincinnati. I wonder if it's a similar situation to the deal we signed Leigh Bodden to originally, where he had the option of signing a multi-year deal, but it wasn't worth as much as he was hoping for, so he decided to sign a one-year deal to try and cash in next offseason.

Comment

• At this point Matt Roth makes so much sense it's almost assuredly not going to happen.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                At this point Matt Roth makes so much sense it's almost assuredly not going to happen.
                Pretty much. Would love it
                -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• hahaa yeah i doubt it happens unless an injury occurs or something

vareen and dowling signed their contracts today :)

Comment

• I guess there's one really positive thing about switching defensive schemes (well, there are a lot), and that's the fact that we have two first round picks which means that we have a shot at Quinton Coples. I'd love to see him line up next to Wilfork:
                    Cunningham - Haynesworth - Wilfork - Coples

Go F yourself, Rex Ryan.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
                    I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• In a 4-3, I'd like to get peoples impression of Spikes in the middle and moving Mayo to the outside. He's fast enough (4.51 before the draft) but is it smart to move an All-Pro to a new position.

I think so. He's got great football IQ and is a great athlete. (I never use the word great about players but Mayo truely is one of the greats. We're lucky to be watching him now).

I think Spikes is going to be a real force in the middle and in a 4-3, Spikes has 2 monsters in front of him. I can't see Wilfork or Mayo allowing Haynesworth to dog it on the field. I hope Haynesworth feels he has something to prove because that's the only way we'll get anything from him.

I also like the idea of using Guyton on the outside. (He was faster before his draft than Mayo...same draft). Our team would be a lot faster with Cunningham and Moore at ends. Maybe that gets us a pass rush.

I like Moore and Cunningham was a 4-3 end in college (for part of the time).

I'd like to chat about this if anyone's out there.

Comment

• I really don't think whatever we're doing schematically will be that much of a black and white thing.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I think a lot of what you will see "different" is shifting the linemen a few spots and moving the LBs slightly to fill the new gaps.

It won't be a huge change.

The difference between a "34" and "43" front is typically what gaps you are responsible for, what help you have behind you, and what techniques you use. But even that can get really really vague. Lots of teams use a 34 look to a 43 defense. Some use a 43 look to simulate a 34 defense on some downs.
                          **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Originally posted by Albert Haynesworth
                            "I'm willing the attack the quarterback, kill the running back, and knock everything back. ... I don't care what it is. Whatever gap the ball is in, that's the gap I want to be in," he said.
                            =)

I think ROP posted this already in the FA thread but Pats are looking at M.Roth right now!!!
                            This excites me in two ways:
                            1) An awesome OLB for us
                            2) Makes me feel better about us staying in the 34 as our base D

Comment

• Matt Roth is a middle of the pack starter at OLB.

....it's a massive upgrade.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• So sad but so true. Really hope this gets done.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information