This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
    I'd be very surprised if Cunningham recorded ten sacks at any point. I think six is a more realistic guess.

If TBC can do it...
    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
      If TBC can do it...
      The thing about TBC's big season (as well as Mike Vrabel's 12.5 sack season) is that a lot of the sacks were a result of the scheme/playcall rather than actual pass-rushing effectiveness (i.e. clear path to the QB, sacks as a result of airtight coverage, etc.) Banta-Cain also got to dominate a bunch of reserve-quality Bills offensive linemen for five of those sacks. So I guess Cunningham could exceed my expectations based on scheme or by padding his stats vs. terrible opponents, but I don't see him as someone who can get those sacks based on his pass-rushing skills. I'd love for him to prove me wrong, though.

Comment

• Well said. Tully got those sacks no one else on the team could and as a result of offenses breaking down. The only time he legitimately turned the corner and beat someone off the line was against the Bills. He really did well against them, for whatever reason. But his true value as a pass rusher was always far lower than his inflated sack numbers. I hope to high hell Cunningham doesn't turn out like Tully. Heck, I hope we never have to deal with a player who benefits so tremendously from the ineptitude of our front seven again...although I don't think that's what Nale was implying.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Patriots are visiting with former 49ers S Dashon Goldson today. Represented by Drew Rosenhaus, who the Patriots really like working with.

Comment

• What's the book on Goldson? I remember a lot of 49ers fans touting him as an above average guy a few years ago and now he's on the outs.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
              What's the book on Goldson? I remember a lot of 49ers fans touting him as an above average guy a few years ago and now he's on the outs.
              Big hitter, good size, inconsistent play, wanted a lot more money from San Francisco than he is worth. Still could be better than Meriweather. At this point, I'll take any reasonably athletic guy who is willing to play inside of the system.

Comment

• Yeah, me too. I would prefer a guy with more range if we are trying to replace Merri(which is a good idea, but might be harder to do than it should be at this stage in the offseason). Chung has developed into a pretty impactful player when he's going 100%, but he's not a guy I'm comfortable with player center field. Goldson doesn't seem like the most ideal compliment to him in the world.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I wouldn't read too much into Solder getting all the reps. He's a rookie, and they didn't get OTA's. Light doesn't need the reps with the first team to be ready.

Kind of like when Cassel ran the entire off-season at QB... It was just to prepare him in case they needed him (and they did!).

Comment

• Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                    The Patriots have agreed to a one-year deal with former Jets DE Shaun Ellis!
                    The same one that dismantled the Patriots in the playoff game??? :D
                    **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Reiss is reporting that "barring an unexpected change, Brandon McGowan will be let go". Shame. I really liked him a few years ago. Did a very good job in coverage. Not sure if it has anything to do with a potential Goldson signing, but it just might.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• In a move that basically came out of nowhere(or quietly, at the very least), we've signed Andre Carter.

I am proud to announce that I will be playing for the New England Patriots for the 2011 season. Thanks you for your prayers and support.
                        I hadn't heard anything about us working him out. Must have come in today when the reporters weren't around and looked sharp.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                          In a move that basically came out of nowhere(or quietly, at the very least), we've signed Andre Carter.

I hadn't heard anything about us working him out. Must have come in today when the reporters weren't around and looked sharp.
                          Willie McGinest is taking a red eye flight into Boston...he will be the next veteran added to the pass rush. ;)

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

Comment

• Well, Carter has a history of being good every other year. On the current timeline, we're set to be the beneficiary of that. But yeah, I think it's fairly safe to say that we're not so excited about Jermaine Cunningham this year.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• its nice signing all these guys, but we really are gunna have to make some tough cuts. itll be even harder since we will be carrying an extra QB and WR, most likely, with a crop of RBs. i have no idea what we are gunna do when it comes to this

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

• Carter is an interesting signing he is much more of a 4-3 guy then 3-4, he can move around but 4-3 end is his best fit. There is going to be a lot of looks from this defense I am excited.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information