Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see Tate's upside as a WR being similar to what Donte' Stallworth did for us in 2007 (46-697-3.) I'm not sure Ross has the same potential in terms of getting open deep, but at this point it's hard to tell whether or not Tate will ever reach that potential, or if he's just a tease every year. His roster spot might be in more danger than many people think because the new kickoff rules may limit the importance of having a dynamic kick returner.

Comment

• I don't see Ross making the roster, but I do see us cutting Tate due to diminished value in the return game and going into the season with only five receivers on the roster: Welker, Branch, Ocho, Edelman and Price. When you add in Gronk, Hernandez, Woody and Vereen (maybe even Faulk) you've got yourself a very nice group of pass catchers. I also see Tarpinian staying as a special teamer leaving Slater on the outside.. I think we're going to keep quite a few D-linemen on the roster this year. I think Belichick has something in store for us fans. I can't ******* wait to see what it is.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
      I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/boston/conversati...gland-patriots

the comments to this article are hilarious
        -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Anyone hearing anything on how Bodden has looked? If he can play the way he did a few years ago besides McCourty that would be a HUGE boost.I'm very enthusiastic about the defensive backs overall this year, actually. Arrington isn't a starting caliber outside corner in this league, but his willingness to compete and strength should lend themselves well to the slot.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• From what I've read Bodden has been an absolute stud this year, so things are definitely looking good at CB - at last!

Originally posted by ElectricEye
            I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
              http://espn.go.com/boston/conversati...gland-patriots

the comments to this article are hilarious
              They're not hilarious, they're painful. People are dumb.

Mangini is an amazing evaluator and a great analyst. He even did a pretty damn good job building the Browns and Jets up. Yeah, Pats fans don't like him because he's a bit of a traitor, but the guy knows his **** and is probably only trumped by Belichick as far as brilliant football minds go.

Comment

• I try not to read comment sections like that. Just never really find anything of value there, especially on widely read things like ESPN.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Didn't end up getting to go see TC. If they have public practices, I'll go next week. I'll try to snag some pictures too.

So anyway, how long do you think the starters go on Thursday? I could see keeping them in for longer than usual, particularly on offense, just to get timing down.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I don't think they'll be in that long. I think they'll increase their reps as the games go along.

Comment

• Didn't see the Mangini boner coming... \
                      I also disagree with the build up nonsense you speak of
                      I think he's a good defensive coach... but that's about it.
                      There's a reason he was fired twice and isn't coaching anymore
                      I digress though... I don't care much for him but I have no problem with people poking fun at him still

I don't read the comment sections on ESPN for insight ever either...
                      it's usually just people bickering back and forth but sometimes I find them humorous.
                      -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• On an unrelated topic . . .

Those of you in the "omg noezzz, don't shorten the preseason!!" camp, please note the my local Rhode Island, CBS affiliate will not air the 1st preseason game vs. the Jags on Thursday night.

My home is just a hair under 30 miles from the stadium.

Please, can we just go to an 18 game schedule, already?

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• That's weird. I'm closer to Providence than I am to Boston and we've got the game. Must just be a jab to Rhode Islanders for not giving a **** about life behind the wheel.

But anyway!

I'm so against the 18 games thing it's not even funny. It would just be horrible for the product IMO. We've got the perfect season length to intensity ratio going right now....well, for the most part. You've still got teams that clinch the division a month early and mail it in. That would just get so much worse with 18 games.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                            On an unrelated topic . . .

Those of you in the "omg noezzz, don't shorten the preseason!!" camp, please note the my local Rhode Island, CBS affiliate will not air the 1st preseason game vs. the Jags on Thursday night.

My home is just a hair under 30 miles from the stadium.

Please, can we just go to an 18 game schedule, already?
                            ahhhh crap. its gotta be on some other channel though you would think. if not, id be pissed lol

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

• BB described Fat Al as day to day today, receiving treatment for an injury not identified. I'm filing this one under the "not a big deal" category. I don't think he would have commented on it if it was anything serious.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                                Didn't end up getting to go see TC. If they have public practices, I'll go next week. I'll try to snag some pictures too.

So anyway, how long do you think the starters go on Thursday? I could see keeping them in for longer than usual, particularly on offense, just to get timing down.
                                read in mike reiss' blog that the starters probably will not be seeing extended action thursday... according to bill, while the people who are practicing will play, and those arent, arent. expected.

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information