Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So this game really cost us a bit on the injury front, by the looks of it. Mesko's looked pretty bad. I can live with an off the street punter, but it's certainly not ideal. Apparently he was listed as probable, but we'll have to watch that one. Dowling got hurt with a thigh and did not look like he returned. Might not be able to play for a few weeks, which kind of sucks given that he was playing pretty well. With McCourty and Bodden's struggles and Kyle Arrington just being serviceable, this hurts quite a bit.
    Last edited by ElectricEye; 09-18-2011, 10:06 PM.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• McCourty just needs to use his damn chest muscles when he jams someone at the LOS. He's jamming like a chick.

edit: I said during the game "stop playing patty-cake and ******* hit him, please."
      **** her in da *****!

Comment

• It's not the jam that concerns me right now, it's when the ball is in the air. Last year you could separate on him and he would just instantly correct it and get in good position. This year, he's letting guys get behind him all the damn time and hasn't been able to make plays on the ball when it's in the air.

The Postgame show on the radio claimed we had a "great rush" and "hurried Rivers" tonight too....lol. I thought we looked OK at times, but it's hardly something I'm happy about.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• It's a lot easier to do that when you get a good jam at the line though. Most passing attacks are about timing and forcing a guy out of his normal route is the only way to disrupt timing. He's just a step behind where he needs to be in my opinion.
          **** her in da *****!

Comment

• The Chargers and Dolphins aren't timing passing games, though. I'm pretty confident they'll make adjustments and correct the issues in the secondary. It's not like they were playing against chump receivers the last two weeks with Bess-Marshall & Co. and Jackson-Floyd & Co.

Hoping Dowling and Arrington are OK. I'd hate to lose Mesko because he's bad ass, but I can live with a street punter.

Comment

• At least the draft is pretty obvious for the Pats in 2012... Safety!

Comment

• I think next weeks Bills game could actually be one of the biggest games on our schedule all season... Don't laugh hear me out.

With the AFC West and South in absolute shambles right now I think it's highly likely that we're going to get the 2 wildcards out of the East and the North. Now as of right now there are 3 teams in the East that are 2-0, and finally the Bills look like they might have some moxie with a great offense. If they win next week I think the Bills are around to stay for the whole season. Their schedule is an absolute joke, picture ours with Cincinnati instead of Pittsburgh, and most of their games are highly winnable. If the Pats lose they're essentially 2 games down, plus Buffalo would have ended the Pats 14 game win streak against them. With the Jets looking good too, and the Ravens and Steelers being good always, the final playoff spot could be a dogfight between the Pats, Jets, and Bills.

Now I do think the Pats are far more talented than the Bills, and if they come with their A-game they'll win easily. However, if they make mistakes they could lose, and that would be the a disaster for this team.

Comment

• Yeah, I agree. The Bills have played well against us the past few years and have the ability to steal one from pretty much anyone. Just a really, really competitive team top to bottom that has the ability to hand with anyone. Ultimately, I think we find a way to break away and score an extra ten or so point, but it's going to be a tough game. You can't run free on that Bills defense like you used to be able to with Kyle Williams playing well, the addition of Marcell Dareus, and the purging of their previously soft linebacking core.

Bad news about Aaron Hernandez. MCL sprain could keep him out 1-2 weeks. It's nice that we're playing the Bills and Oakland in that span, teams that we probably have enough to win against without him, but it still hurts the things this offense can do. Chad and Edelman will need to elevate their game and come ready to play. We should also see a whole ton more of Nate Solder at tight end, which worked out pretty well at spots yesterday.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Sucks about Hernandez, but I'm more concerned about Dowling and Arrington for next week. The Bills like to spread it out and they'll need both of them. I don't think the Pats will have much trouble with either the Bills or Raiders, but they are both very dangerous teams that are capable of beating anyone.

I have a lot of confidence in the OL and I think the defense will fix some of what it's been doing wrong. A lot of the defensive issues are little things, and not really all that related to talent.

Comment

• Tom Curran is reporting it could be more like 4-6 weeks... bleh. That 2 tight-end set is going to be so essential when we play the Jets, yet once again they may luck out and not have to play a healthy Hernandez and Gronk.

Comment

• Ouch. That would suck. It was bound to happen with him eventually do to his playing style, but yeah, still not very fun. I'm confident Gronk can still Gronk it, but Hernandez is good for turning nothing plays into explosive ones on a regular basis. We're an easier team to match up with with Hernandez out of the mix.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Let's go! Double Gronk!

Comment

• So I really think Dane Fletcher ends up as a starter by the time the season ends at the expense of either Spikes or Guyton. For what it's worth, Mike Reiss agrees with me somewhat, pointing out that Fletcher could challenge for the lions share of the time soon. He already played more snaps than both of them last week and it really seems like every time he's on the field he makes a big play against both the pass and the run. Just a really solid looking young linebacker with a lot of potential left.

Other things of note picking through snap counts;

AJ Edds played a lot. I think it's safe to say he's likely going to stick. Played on special teams and did a good job in coverage against tight ends. Very lengthy, athletic guy with a lot of tools who is a interesting project to bring along.

Jermaine Cunningham seems like he's just not going to play this year. Disappointing, but it looks like he just might not be the guy we all wanted to be at this point. A move to a 4-3 seemed to benefit him on paper, but he's not making a push for playing time at all.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I think you're right about most things you said there, EE. Fletcher looks the part of a stud MLB in our system. Spikes seems a bit slow in recognising plays and doesn't have the speed to make up for it. I love Spikes in a 3-4, not a 4-3. Guyton is a solid player, I like him. He's versatile, makes plays and seems intelligent enough. He just doesn't stand out on tape. Next year is a really deep LB class, I'd love to take someone like Travis Lewis in the second and move Mayo to SLB which he'll he no trouble playing. It might limit his playmaking opportunities, but with his speed he should be able to find a way to make a difference.

I've been extremely disappointed with Cunningham. The fact that he can only get on the field for one friggin' snap against the Chargers speaks volumes as to what BB thinks of him. I have a sneaking suspicion that he's not putting forth the effort in training or in the film room. Sounds like a UF player to me...

Am I the only one who's pleasantly surprised with Brian Waters? I thought the guy was done, but he's really doing a good job imo. Also, how the hell is Ocho, Edelman and Price going to get involved on offense with the way Branch and Welker are playing? Jebus, I don't remember seeing either of them playing this well before.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
                              I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• Branch, Welker, Hernandez, Gronkowski, and a running back.

You can only have 5 pass catchers at a time :P

edit: Hopefully Price, 85, Edelman, and even Matthew Slater maybe can play in Hernandez's absence.
                                **** her in da *****!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information