This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by descendency View Post
    He didn't cost them the game. (granted, he cost Brady a record... because that would have put him over 400)

The D couldn't stop the Bills the last two drives.
    He came up very small when he needed to do a lot more the whole game, not just on the drop. The defense lost the game...but the inability of the offense to adjust to what was happening didn't help. Clearly bothered by the injuries. Even when we were putting up numbers early things looked out of sync.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Actually, thinking about it more, the Chad probably cost Brady the record twice. Once on the poor route that was picked off and once on the dropped TD late.
      **** her in da *****!

Comment

• I'm sick of records. They can have all the records they want...Play some ******* defense and win some playoff games.

I suppose that doesn't really matter right now, but directionless anger, ect.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Up by 21 so they decide to run the ball less. Brady has thrown 3 Int's in the span of 20 minutes so they decide to come out throwing some more. RUN THE DAMN BALL!!!

Comment

• I don't get why they don't use their above average rushing offense when things aren't working out in the passing game. Try slowing the game down for once. Forcing the ball down the field is exactly why they lost. Defense played well enough to win besides for the last drive. It's a disgrace to have lost like this. I haven't been this pissed off since 4th and 2

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
              We caught so much **** for basically nothing in the gameday thread as well. Not a big deal, but disappointing nonetheless.
              People just love relishing the few games we lose each season and want to make it look like were being soar sports, despite me saying congrats to the bills and the fans once the game was over. It sucks but hey they were going to beat us eventually. Might as well be while were injury depleted.

Originally posted by WMD
              Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
              Originally posted by gpngc
              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• I'm OK with throwing it. That's our identity. Should we run it more? Yeah, we really should. I do understand not trying to change who we are mid-game though. Just doesn't make any sense. We've seen teams do that and let teams back in just as easily.

But yeah, my real gripe is with this defense. Talk all you want about a new scheme(But I thought we played basically all 4-3 in subpackages anyway? I find those lines of logic to be a little contradictory) and injuries, but we played like garbage in three consecutive games. The Chargers gave the game to us on a silver platter with the turnovers in key situations and the Bills didn't. There hasn't been a dramatic increase in pass rush with the scheme change and the coverage seems to have gotten worse. Our run defense has been pretty suspect too. I really feel like we just kind of suck on that side of the ball. I like the personnel we have this year so much more....so it's even more frustrating to see us play like garbage like that.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Also, I called the McCourty sophmore slump, but it doesn't make me feel better. I didn't think he'd be this bad though. We have serious problems if he and Bodden (who was also horrendous) don't turn it around. We might need to go back to some more zone looks. We're not blitzing so I don't see why we don't run zone anyways.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                    People just love relishing the few games we lose each season and want to make it look like were being soar sports, despite me saying congrats to the bills and the fans once the game was over. It sucks but hey they were going to beat us eventually. Might as well be while were injury depleted.
                    Yeah, I got neg rep'd(I know, I know) for being "u mad". That stuff really doesn't matter, but jeez.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                      I'm OK with throwing it. That's our identity. Should we run it more? Yeah, we really should. I do understand not trying to change who we are mid-game though. Just doesn't make any sense. We've seen teams do that and let teams back in just as easily.

But yeah, my real gripe is with this defense. Talk all you want about a new scheme(But I thought we played basically all 4-3 in subpackages anyway? I find those lines of logic to be a little contradictory) and injuries, but we played like garbage in three consecutive games. The Chargers gave the game to us on a silver platter with the turnovers in key situations and the Bills didn't. There hasn't been a dramatic increase in pass rush with the scheme change and the coverage seems to have gotten worse. Our run defense has been pretty suspect too. I really feel like we just kind of suck on that side of the ball. I like the personnel we have this year so much more....so it's even more frustrating to see us play like garbage like that.
                      I disagree, throwing the ball stopped working immediately after the first Brady pick, but we kept right at it. There were only 2 guys getting open, and we had Ridley picking up 4-6 yards every time he touched the ball. When you're up by 21 getting a 8 minute drive that covers 40 yards and a punt can be just as good as a 2 minute TD drive through the air. Slow the game down a bit with screens and runs. Having Brady come out and spread the field after his 3rd Int is inexcusable. This team is an above average running team, and to have that in their arsenal and not use it at all is a huge waste.

Comment

• I defiantly expected to see more screen passes this week than usual. I thought Woodhead was going to have a huge game with those.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• The Pats were running at will against the Bills (aside from BJGE's two terrible runs on the goal line where he made the same terrible read on the defense twice in a row). They should have grinded that one out to end the first half and kept going until the Bills proved they could stop it (I don't think they could).

Comment

• They will bounce back...13 more games to get better.

Defense really needs to get its **** together. Its getting ******* riduculous that we cant stop anyone. I really think they might have trouble stopping some of the high octance college offenses at this point.

Hell, Brady had a bit of an off day going for over 300+, 3TD, 3INT, you think the defense could pick up the slack for an afternoon? My god!

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

Comment

• By the same token; if not for a few fluky plays, the pass game marches us up and down the field every drive. Benny and Woodhead weren't finding holes and just didn't look very good. Ridley should have been fed the ball more...but most of our yards came from his runs and the reverse to Welker.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
                                The Pats were running at will against the Bills (aside from BJGE's two terrible runs on the goal line where he made the same terrible read on the defense twice in a row). They should have grinded that one out to end the first half and kept going until the Bills proved they could stop it (I don't think they could).
                                I don't really see how you came to this conclusion. The Pats only had success rushing the ball for one drive when they were leaning on Ridley, other than that and Welker's 19 yard reverse pretty much everything was contained to 1-4 yard gains. To be fair, using BJGE was completely pointless that game. They should have just primarily ran with Woodhead in stretch plays and draws, and subbed Ridley in for a WR and used 2 back sets with the option to put Woodhead into the slot (Ridley too even but I have no idea if he is a capable receiver, the Bills do this a lot with Spiller and Jackson both being on the field at the same time).

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information