Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fact that Campbell draws a roughing the passer penalty 1.46 times for every 100 passes while Tom Brady draws a roughing the passer penalty 0.16 times for every 100 passes probably means that Brady is getting the ball away before the defense even gets close to him, while Campbell is frequently throwing under intense pressure. It would be much more useful to analyze penalties per hit than penalties per pass.
    From PFT. 10 chars
    **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43
      Or just take him to trade for several defensive ends.
      Bingo!!!!!
      -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Devin McCourty - 36 targets, 24 receptions (66%), 378 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT, 129.2 QB rating
        Ras-I Dowling - 7 targets, 3 receptions (42.9%), 74 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT, 81.8 QB rating
        Kyle Arrington - 13 targets, 5 receptions (38.5%), 79 yards, 0 TD, 3 INT, 19.9 QB rating
        Leigh Bodden - 16 targets, 10 receptions (62.5%), 176 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 120.8 QB rating
        Yikes. I think this confirms fans suspicion.

edit: Not one of them averages under 6 yards per attempt.
        **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43
          Or just take him to trade for several defensive ends.
          I'll take Adrian Peterson and Jared Allen plus your first rounder please. Thank you, come again.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
          I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• KYLE ARRINGTON = UNSTOPABLLLLEEEE

Seriously though the man to man experiment isn't working, especially with our poor safety play this year. I don't know why our corners are so continuously being matched up 1-on-1 on the outside because it's not like we're blitzing or anything. If McCourty regains his form than I'm ok with leaving him 1-on-1, but he's struggling right now and needs some help. I don't get the logic of leaving Bodden isolated on the outside though. The M.O. on him when he got here was that he'd be better here than he was in Detroit because he struggles in man coverage. He was good his first year here in zone, but now he's back in man and is struggling. I think if we're going to do man coverage we need Dowling to get healthy fast.

I'd like to see them run more zone coverage because as bad as it was last year. They weren't allowing anywhere near the kind of big plays they are now. They're trying to be like the Jets without the personnel or the blitz packages the Jets run and it's killing them right now.

Comment

• I hate zone coverage, especially the way we play it...but you're probably right. As it stands right now, we have to stop allowing the big play. Something has to really, really change for this defense or we're going to have a tough time getting through the division, much less the playoffs.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by Razor View Post
                I'll take Adrian Peterson and Jared Allen plus your first rounder please. Thank you, come again.
                Bleh, Jared Allen would not be a good player in this system. Half his pressures come from being allowed to play a 9 technique and looping into the middle of the defense. Things he'd never do here.

I'm thinking to Washington for Orakpo, Landry + a first would be better. Come on New Orleans start losing for us pleaaaaseeee!

Comment

• Jared Allen would be a good player in just about any system, so I don't buy that he wouldn't succeed here. He's become underrated, idk why. I'd love to see him in NE even though that'll never happen.

Landry? The guy sucks, I want no part of him. Orakpo in the other hand...

I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• How has Dan Connolly looked at center? It is pretty hard to catch a Pats game living in the midwest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Razor View Post
                      Jared Allen would be a good player in just about any system, so I don't buy that he wouldn't succeed here. He's become underrated, idk why. I'd love to see him in NE even though that'll never happen.

Landry? The guy sucks, I want no part of him. Orakpo in the other hand...
                      Don't really want to get into this because I could go for days on this, but Allen is the most overrated player in the entire NFL. His reputation has taken a hit the past couple years for the better, but to me he is a one way player who looks more effective rushing the passer than he actually is because of the freedom he is allowed. Trent Cole is twice the player he is and gets 1/10th the love.

Ryno in response to your question Connolly has looked very good the past couple of weeks. He kept Kyle Williams practically silent. If he keeps it up he could be the long term replacement for Dan Koppen once Cannon is healthy.

Comment

• Mike Reiss ran the numbers on our corners;

Devin McCourty - 36 targets, 24 receptions (66%), 378 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT, 129.2 QB rating
                        Ras-I Dowling - 7 targets, 3 receptions (42.9%), 74 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT, 81.8 QB rating
                        Kyle Arrington - 13 targets, 5 receptions (38.5%), 79 yards, 0 TD, 3 INT, 19.9 QB rating
                        Leigh Bodden - 16 targets, 10 receptions (62.5%), 176 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 120.8 QB rating

So yeah, out of that, I would say that

A)We have a massive problem defending the pass and McCourty and Bodden need to get their **** together.

B) Relative to on the field time, Dowling has been on our best guy this year. Arrington is doing pretty well in his new role, but Dowling has played the boundary role and hasn't been picked on a lot when he's out there. That lines up with what we've seen with him and not allowing a whole ton of separation. Extremely small sample size, but encouraging nonetheless. He's a pure man guy though, so we'll have to see how he adapts to potentially having to play more zone due to the overall ineptitude of our defense. He also REALLY needs to stay healthy.
                        Last edited by ElectricEye; 10-01-2011, 03:25 PM.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• So more negative news on the injury front. Dowling, Bodden, and Haynesworth are all out against the Raiders. They are in addition to Vollmer, Wright, and Hernandez who we already knew were going to be out. This certainly won't help our pass defense. Get ready for some Antwan Molden!

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/...igh-bodden-out

It's tough because we don't really know what the status of this defense collectively is until the key components all play together, which besides for week 1 they really haven't.

Comment

• It's panic time about this defense guys.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Yeah, it's pretty ******* terrible. I think this is the worst defense I've seen in the 12 years I've been following the Patriots. WTF? We should've gotten Robert Quinn. :(

Comment

• Or any front seven player. This is pathetic on all fronts. I like this class so much less than I like last years on top of it.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information