• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate this defense so god damn much.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• What happened to Woodhead? He is on my ff team

Comment

• Hey guys! Another 500 yards on our defense!

...but seriously, coverage was better looked a lot more comfortable in zone. Hopefully that gets them going a bit.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I'm slightly confident they'll get it worked out.

Comment

• Apparently Jerod Mayo is going to be out for "a while" according to Tom Curran.

Comment

• Gives us a good opportunity to find out how good he is. Mayo is a good player...but I feel like he's become overrated. I'm pretty confident in Fletcher stepping up.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Well it was a good day for us today, we get a win and the Bills, Dolphins, and Jets lose. Terrific. Sanchez looks terrible too.

Originally posted by WMD
                Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                Originally posted by gpngc
                I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• I'm nervous about the Jets losing. I can't see a Rex Ryan coached team losing 3 in a row. I have a feeling we're going to be facing a HIGHLY motivated Jets team that already wants to prove that they can dominate us again.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I think the Jets just aren't that good this year. They lost a lot in the off-season and brought in...Plaxico Burress? Their biggest move was simply not losing Holmes...but they lost 3 of their other Top 4 receivers.

Comment

• Could you imagine what the Patriots would look like if they had even an average defense?

With all these draft picks over the past few years plus BB as coach how on earth can this defense be so bad? It appears to boil down to bad drafting and personal decisions. I can't see us winning another Super Bowl - hell, another playoff game - unless and until something changes with the defenisve talent (or lack thereof) we acquire.
                      Last edited by Blackluck; 10-03-2011, 08:21 AM.

Comment

• Sanchez has a history of looking like Steve Young against us.
                        With our D looking like it's at an all-time low... I'm a bit worried.
                        If Haynesworth, Dowling and Bodden are back this week... then I'll feel a lot better.
                        Hopefully S.Ellis will be motivated to play and prove to the Jets he's worth more than a vet min. contract.
                        If Seabass is back too... that'd be a big bonus too so we won't be so thin up front.

With all that said, basically, if we're healthier come next week... I'd like our chances that much more.
                        -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackluck View Post
                          Could you imagine what the Patriots would look like if they had even an average defense?

With all these draft picks over the past few years plus BB as coach how on earth can this defense be so bad? It appears to boil down to bad drafting and personal decisions. I can't see us winning another Super Bowl - hell, another playoff game - unless and until something changes with the defenisve talent (or lack thereof) we acquire.
                          Get off the ledge for a second, alright? It's not like we didn't try to address pass rush in the draft. We drafted loads of defensive players, but we still need a few pieces - that's basically it. Who didn't think Shawn Crable would be a stud for us? Who thought Cunningham wouldn't see the field un his second season? I hoped that we went up and got Robert Quinn this year like most other Pats fans, but I think I know why BB didn't: We're very young on defense, maybe even too young. Next year looks like a bad year for pass rush needy teams, so this isn't going away soon. I think we're going to see the defense improve, although it's going to take some time. Also, I hope that we're going to stay with the zone defense, because even though we gave up some plays yesterday they looked the best they have all season (which isn't saying a whole lot, but still). No need to panic just yet. I feel pretty good about the Jets game. Their OL is ****, and unless they're getting Mangold back Wilfork and AH is going to be in Sanchez' face for most of the day. I'm also expecting more from Ellis this sunday, he didn't look good on a couple of occasions yesterday.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
                          I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• Aaron Hernandez is key for the Patriots playing well. He needs to be healthy.
                            **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Wow, I don't think I could possibly disagree with a post more than I disagree with the one Razor made. There's absolutely reason to panic about this defense and you're deluding yourself if you think otherwise. I'm not sure "a few pieces" is all we need when we're giving up 500 yards a game to bum offenses. You simply don't have one of the worst defenses in the league without having something very wrong at a fundamental level.

As far as specifics; Crable is an interesting name to bring up. We all had high hopes for him....like four years ago. If we're still blaming a 3rd round pick from four years ago as one of the reasons the defense isn't where it should be, you know somethings wrong. Cunningham is nothing special and it really shouldn't come as a massive shock to anyone either after all the negative reviews came out about him in training camp and his general ineffectiveness last year. I thought he was a reach as a second round pick and so did a lot of other people. I can understand people getting excited because we addressed a need, but I really don't think people should be surprised he hasn't worked out given those factors.

We're not going to win a championship with a finesse defense that can't even play finesse defense well. The front office gets a lot of credit for going out and trying to improve the talent level with the personnel we've brought in this year....but regardless of how much we all want to talk about "low risk/high reward" for these types of moves, they aren't cutting it right now and just accent how bad of a job we've done in bringing the right guys in through the draft. I'm willing to bet we get better as the year goes on, but this is a hell of a place to start from.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I'm not blaming Shawne Crable for the lack of pass rush, get real man. I was responding to Blackluck saying that the FO needs to draft better. I think we're doing alright. I'd love to have a dominant defense, I'd actually prefer that to a dominant offense. But it's not like they're not trying. I wanted Robert Quinn, I was made that they didn't went after him. But I understand why they didn't. I think it's pathetic that Patriots fans start acting like the team sucks when the slightest of things go wrong. We're used to winning in style, I get that. But there's no reason to call out the FO for what's happening. Players aren't playing to their level right now, that's pretty obvious. For me this falls on the coaching staff, not on Bill Belichick. I think we're suffering for having the coaching staff poached each year. But that's just my theory. The talent is there, but they need to do more in practice and in the film room than they're doing right now.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
                                I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information