Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idk how anyone isn't seeing the solution at safety here, all we need to do is is drop #75 back there into coverage and let him do his thing.

Originally posted by WMD
    Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
    Originally posted by gpngc
    I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
      Idk how anyone isn't seeing the solution at safety here, all we need to do is is drop #75 back there into coverage and let him do his thing.
      Single-high with #75=DPOY and INT record broken.

Comment

• Originally posted by cmarq83 View Post
        It's tough watching our safeties play this year. I still would have preferred to have kept Sanders for his $2.8 million rather than have the Barrett, Brown, Ihedigbo mess since we're about $8 million under the cap. It's a shame since starting free agency I could never have forseen this mess at safety when we had Page, Sanders, Meriweather, and Chung. Now the FS's haven't played terrible, but they're not making plays either which is something we need.

I'm not particularly enamored with any of the safeties in this year's class outside of Harrison Smith. Does anybody know of any CB's who are safety conversion prospects to keep an eye on?
        Maybe Donnie Fletcher...I'm not very high on him as a cornerback prospect. Incredibly stiff hips.

Comment

• Mike Reiss posted some interesting stats from Pro Football Focus this morning. I think we all saw the numbers put up against McCourty in the first few weeks of the season and how ugly they were....but since switching to zone he's been a different player. Teams have targeted him only 9 times over the past few weeks, completing six of them for minimal yardage. Zone coverage is part of the solution, but hopefully he's picked up his play a level as well. It would be nice to be able to play some man when the situation calls for it.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• anyone know BJGE's status for today?

Originally posted by WMD
            Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
            Originally posted by gpngc
            I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
              Mike Reiss posted some interesting stats from Pro Football Focus this morning. I think we all saw the numbers put up against McCourty in the first few weeks of the season and how ugly they were....but since switching to zone he's been a different player. Teams have targeted him only 9 times over the past few weeks, completing six of them for minimal yardage. Zone coverage is part of the solution, but hopefully he's picked up his play a level as well. It would be nice to be able to play some man when the situation calls for it.
              Oh its a huge part of the solution. Playing man coverage and zone coverage are totally different animals. Some guys just aren't great man corners, but can be amazing zone corners. Zone takes more perception and intelligence.
              Breed's QB Philosophy:
              Originally posted by Breed
              At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

• Thing is McCourty looked good in man when we used it in the second half of last year. If he's this kind of player in zone and that kind of player in man, I guess we've mad our bed....but it would be nice for him to get some confidence back from this stretch and start playing better. An interception or two would really help get him going too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• We're starting a James Ihedigbo/Ross Ventrone combo today over Sergio....oh boy. We've got Woodhead active today though, so we may see some of the screen game.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

We're starting a James Ihedigbo/Ross Ventrone combo today over Sergio....oh boy. We've got Woodhead active today though, so we may see some of the screen game.
                    FFS Ventrone is going to get raped.
                    Breed's QB Philosophy:
                    At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

• I certainly hope not. BB obviously likes him with how many chances he's had...but you're probably right.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

I certainly hope not. BB obviously likes him with how many chances he's had...but you're probably right.
                        BB likes the family I think. Not the taleent
                        Breed's QB Philosophy:
                        At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

• RIP Downfield pass.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I'm so glad our OL is so good...
                            **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Originally posted by descendency View Post
                              I'm so glad our OL is so good...
                              Promising, but not ready for this kind of personnel.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Friendly reminder Matt Light is ******* garbage.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information