This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/...igh-bodden-cut

Dowling ok then?! I didn't see this coming.
    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Odd . . .

Any known roster moves that coincide?

TO?

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• Come April I want all our early picks on upgrading this D.

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

• Really, really surprised by the Bodden cut. Not that he's a great player...but the timing is just kind of funky. You would figure something like this would come during the bye as opposed to two days before the game. Further adding to the intrigue is that Dowling was not present at practice today.
          Last edited by ElectricEye; 10-28-2011, 12:19 PM.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Weird...

Cutting Bodden makes no sense unless:

1) Dowling is healthy (and ready to play)
            2) We have decided it's easier and just as effective to play without CBs
            3) there was an internal team matter that Bill felt he needed to clean house about.
            **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
              Really, really surprised by the Bodden cut. Not that he's a great player...but the timing is just kind of funky. You would figure something like this would come during the bye as opposed to two days before the game. Further adding to the intrigue is that Dowling was not present at practice today.
              it's to stop another big team from picking him up (say the steelers)
              **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Yeah, I buy that has something to do with it. Still, odd. I don't see why we don't bite the bullet and keep him on the roster for another week if we don't want the Steelers picking him up. Not like the options behind him(sans maybe a healthy Dowling) are that much better.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I'm guessing releasing Bodden has nothing to do with football. They seem to like Molden, and I like him, too.

Comment

• Mike Reiss has a pretty sobering run down of the resources we've invested in the secondary since '07 - and it looks like we're going to be spending even more. We really seem to have issues with identifying wide receivers and cornerbacks (then again drafting is a crap shoot anyway ...)

Comment

• Yeah, teams league-wide have had a very hard time identifying secondary players who can actually play. Doesn't seem they make them like they used to, even with the rule changes adversely effecting pass defense. It wouldn't be so bad if we were able to find good players at other positions on defense...but we haven't been able to do that either, so it really makes the entire thing look that much worse.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• So familiar opponent tomorrow in the Steelers. You can bet they remember what happened last year.

Historically, our offense has done very well against Dick LeBeau defenses, so hopefully we can get things headed back in the right direction on that side of the ball this weak. They're up in the top in nearly every statistical category, big turn around against the pass this year, but we represent match up problem to them yet again. Should be able to generate a lot of yards with Welker, Branch, and our tight ends. It'll be key to get some yardage on first down and generate meaningful gains with the run game though. It's always more comfortable against Pittsburgh when you can get them in situations where they can't pin their ears back.

Defensively for us, I can see it going either really well for us or really poorly. First thought it that you've got to be worried about the Steelers throwing it with those speedy receivers on our secondary. We've given up fewer big plays since the switch to zone, but we haven't faced a receiving core that can strike this quickly yet this season. McCourty on Wallace is a massive match up. He's struggled this year against bigger receivers who can work him physically. Wallace isn't that type of guy...but he might be among the best guys we've faced so far too. Other than that, you've got to be worried about the other guys doing damage against the likes of Arrington and company. Especially with the amount of late turnover personnel wise.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Aaron Hernandez and Rob Gronkowski will have monster fantasy weeks. The Patriots will spread 5 wide and dare the Steelers to rush. The Steelers won't be able to cover enough to stop the Patriots passing attack.

I'd even bet Brady passes for around 500 yards.
                          **** her in da *****!

Comment

• So the team cuts Bodden only to place Dowling on IR the very next day. What the ****?

Comment

• The Patriots are switching to a 6-5 (6 defensive lineman 5 linebacker) formation.
                              **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Dowling placed on IR. After releasing Bodden, this just seems strange.

Originally posted by WMD
                                Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                                Originally posted by gpngc
                                I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information