Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With all this negativity towards the D I'd like to mention how good Andre Carter has been. He's the only guy seemingly capable of beating a lineman one-on-one we've had in 2 years. Not a long term solution by any means, but he's one of the 2 guys I'd give an A to so far on that side of the ball. Combine that with the fact that he's a far better run defender than we expected, and he was an absolute steal that late in free agency. I shudder at the thought of what our defense would look like without him.

Comment

• Carter has been good, but he's a guy who at this point in the career you should be looking for the round out a roster. More of a Robin and a Batman, as it were. He's come on lately, but his production is more in the "pretty good" category. It is nice to see a guy who plays with a sense of urgency about getting into the backfield for once though. Most of our linemen over the past few years just kind of engage and make no attempt to get by their guy until like 10 minutes later.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• The Patriots last 5 games before the playoffs (or going home):

Indianapolis
        @Washington
        @Denver (hopefully Tebow is still starting...)
        Miami
        Buffalo

That's a perfect way to finish a season. That last game could be to win the division as well.
        **** her in da *****!

Comment

• I mean that's awesome but I really am ok with not going one and done in the playoffs this year haha.

Originally posted by WMD
          Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
          Originally posted by gpngc
          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Yeah, the season can't be considered a success unless we unless we win a playoff game(preferably, multiple playoff games). We've had our fill of division titles and statistics. Time to get over the hump and win some games when they matter. Really not sure this team has that in them.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
              Yeah, the season can't be considered a success unless we unless we win a playoff game(preferably, multiple playoff games). We've had our fill of division titles and statistics. Time to get over the hump and win some games when they matter. Really not sure this team has that in them.
              Assuming they get over the next few weeks 2-2 then the worst they should finish is 11-5. That should be good for probably at least one home playoff game.

I'm not sure the Jets can do the same damage they did last year, the Bills would be tough but I'd be confident in NE, any AFC West or South team should be ok as well.

The only two teams I don't want to see are Pitt or Baltimore and normally the Pats do well against Pitt.

If they get on a bit of a roll come playoff time no one will want to play them. In the two losses Brady hasn't been great. I'm confident the Pats can outscore any team in the AFC if he plays even if the defense continues it's suckiness.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• Our D can't stop anyone. Call me Captain Obvious, but there's no way we make it through playoff games winning shootout after shootout.

Baltimore at least looks like an offense that has an occasional identity crisis and can be kept in check. But I really don't have any confidence in our team against Baltimore / Pitt b/c both teams can score plenty and shut down an opposing offense on any given week.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
                  Assuming they get over the next few weeks 2-2 then the worst they should finish is 11-5. That should be good for probably at least one home playoff game.
                  If they go 2-2 over the next 4, they had better win all 5 games in that last 5 game stretch. I think we can almost count the Jets game as a loss. They've been really good at home. The Giants have been competitive in every game (sadly, they shouldn't have been in some). KC is vastly over-rated but they still win games. Philly is in Philly. That's going to be a rough game.
                  **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Welker didn't practice with a neck injury. Likely from that form tackle Polamalu made.
                    Breed's QB Philosophy:
                    Originally posted by Breed
                    At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

• Belichick doesn't believe our secondary was the problem against the Steelers. Yeah BB, our 32nd ranked pass defense isn't the issue at all.

Originally posted by WMD
                      I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Obviously. Molden and Adams are totally NFL caliber corners. Ihedigbo is a revaluation at safety as well.
                        Last edited by ElectricEye; 11-02-2011, 08:22 PM.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                          Belichick doesn't believe our secondary was the problem against the Steelers. Yeah BB, our 32nd ranked pass defense isn't the issue at all.
                          Maybe b/c he is finally starting to see that pass rush matters?

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• I was thinking most likely because he knows we'll use our firsts rounders to trade down and acquire the most second round DBs a team has ever drafted but that works too.

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                              Belichick doesn't believe our secondary was the problem against the Steelers. Yeah BB, our 32nd ranked pass defense isn't the issue at all.
                              Technically he said CBs according to Ian Rappaport.

When there is no rush up front and the LBs can't cover and the safeties can't cover you're probably going to have a bad pass defense. Then add in that your best CB is playing like ****, you let another one go two days before the game and IR another then yeah you can kinda understand that all the blame shouldn't go on the CBs

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• I don't blame anyone on the secondary directly. Those guys are what they are. I blame the people who expected otherwise.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information