Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New England Patriots Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Last night's effort was spectacular from the D. It looked to me like a huge "pride" game where they responded to several weeks of being trashed by any talking head with any kind of media outlet.

    I have a hard time buying this effort & result as a weekly occurance. However, if they can string a few good games together we will quickly hit December and I'll be a lot more likely to believe.

    Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

    Comment


    • Originally posted by BradysKnee
      Yeah, Drew Henson beat out Brady too.
      Point, meet the ultimate counterpoint

      Comment


      • Originally posted by BradysKnee
        Yeah, Drew Henson beat out Brady too.
        That's an extremely rare exception though.


        ----

        edit: if either the Steelers or the Ravens win as many games as NE the rest of the year (and both have soft schedules), they win the #1 seed (i'm ruling out houston, because Leinart sucks). Both must lose and NE must win out for home field advantage.
        Last edited by descendency; 11-17-2011, 06:08 PM.
        **** her in da *****!

        Comment


        • Timmy Tebow


          Originally posted by WMD
          Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
          Originally posted by gpngc
          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

          Comment


          • So the worst team we've had in years is rapidly getting put into position to make some sort of run. What a weird year.

            R.I.P. Junior Seau

            Comment


            • Originally posted by BradysKnee
              Yeah, Drew Henson beat out Brady too.
              Henson never really beat out Brady. The coaching staff just let Henson get some snaps because there was pressure from those above them to make it happen. They always preferred Brady, and it was obvious.

              Palko's a lot better than he's been given credit for. He's a capable backup. As for Pitt...Palko was a pretty highly ranked recruit going into Pitt.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                So the worst team we've had in years is rapidly getting put into position to make some sort of run. What a weird year.
                We're basically guaranteed the #2 (at least) seed as well.
                **** her in da *****!

                Comment


                • Anyone read War Room by Michael Holley?
                  Some interesting tidbits:

                  The Patriot scouts didn't like Malroney, but Josh did (his brother Ben worked in Minnesota.) Scouts thought he was immature and lacked a worth ethic. Patriot scouts also didn't want Chad Jackson: Bad route runner, poor worth ethic and a 'me' attitude. Urban Meyer however thought his athleticism would translate to the NFL. Jackson refused to watch film despite Deion Sanders and others asking him to do so repeatedly. BB made the call in both cases.

                  The Patriots were going to draft Steven Jackson but were suprised when Vince fell to them. They tried to move back up to get Jackson but the Rams didn't have as far to go.

                  Thomas Dimritoff is really close with Pioli and still with BB. Dimritoff actually called Belichick to get feedback on his plan to move way up and draft Jones. BB said he wouldn't do it, as he thought Jones' hands were too inconsistent and could get comparable value by taking Baldwin.

                  Also BB doesn't care about reaches when he really wants a player: Zoltan and Volmer being prime examples. I was hoping the book would delve into Belichick's aversion to drafting pass rushers but no such luck :)

                  Comment


                  • Man, getting Wilfork + Jackson would've been sweet. lol
                    Breed's QB Philosophy:
                    Originally posted by Breed
                    At the end of the day...

                    Mobility > Accuracy

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by BradysKnee
                      I really think you give the Chiefs too much credit here. This will not be a close game of any kind.
                      I may disagree with you here sir. I am the biggest Chiefs homer ever, well one of about 16.5 million Chiefs homers. But to say they will steamroll and say the game will not be close of any kind is a bit ********.

                      You know what BB and his staff over the last 12 years has emphasized right? You have watched and diagnosed every game since BB took over? I have, several times over. The biggest thing BB focuses on are match ups and exploiting the weaknesses of the other team or shutting down their greatest strength. Their is no greater coach in the history of the game than BB at those particular areas.

                      What are the Chiefs best at right now and what are the Patriots best at right now. The Chiefs nothing really. Bug they have a much better coaching staff from top to bottom than the Pats, to me that inarguable. RAC, Haley, Gibbs, Pleasant, Zorn, Smith, Thomas >>>>>>>>>. BB and who else is on that staff? I don't even know? Obrien? Pepper? MEH.

                      I think this game ends up being the greatest of a 14 point victory for the Pats. Not an easy victory. Don't be shocked if Brady is sacked more than 3 times with at least 6 QB hits. Don't be shocked if he throws 2 picks. Im not saying those will happen. I just think the coaching up of an inferior roster as perceived by the ******** public of the world(which minus Qb I'd take the Chiefs any day of the weeeekk over the roster of the Pats) will be the deciding factor.

                      I am not making sense. I know for I am still drink from last night and being optimistic.

                      I am going to the game though! Who else is going? I will be in a Bowe jersey with a black hoodie underneath!


                      Justin Houston will rape your souls!
                      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                        I may disagree with you here sir. I am the biggest Chiefs homer ever, well one of about 16.5 million Chiefs homers. But to say they will steamroll and say the game will not be close of any kind is a bit ********.

                        You know what BB and his staff over the last 12 years has emphasized right? You have watched and diagnosed every game since BB took over? I have, several times over. The biggest thing BB focuses on are match ups and exploiting the weaknesses of the other team or shutting down their greatest strength. Their is no greater coach in the history of the game than BB at those particular areas.

                        What are the Chiefs best at right now and what are the Patriots best at right now. The Chiefs nothing really. Bug they have a much better coaching staff from top to bottom than the Pats, to me that inarguable. RAC, Haley, Gibbs, Pleasant, Zorn, Smith, Thomas >>>>>>>>>. BB and who else is on that staff? I don't even know? Obrien? Pepper? MEH.

                        I think this game ends up being the greatest of a 14 point victory for the Pats. Not an easy victory. Don't be shocked if Brady is sacked more than 3 times with at least 6 QB hits. Don't be shocked if he throws 2 picks. Im not saying those will happen. I just think the coaching up of an inferior roster as perceived by the ******** public of the world(which minus Qb I'd take the Chiefs any day of the weeeekk over the roster of the Pats) will be the deciding factor.

                        I am not making sense. I know for I am still drink from last night and being optimistic.

                        I am going to the game though! Who else is going? I will be in a Bowe jersey with a black hoodie underneath!


                        Justin Houston will rape your souls!
                        Last edited by BradysKnee; 11-20-2011, 10:28 AM.
                        Breed's QB Philosophy:
                        Originally posted by Breed
                        At the end of the day...

                        Mobility > Accuracy

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                          I may disagree with you here sir. I am the biggest Chiefs homer ever, well one of about 16.5 million Chiefs homers. But to say they will steamroll and say the game will not be close of any kind is a bit ********.

                          You know what BB and his staff over the last 12 years has emphasized right? You have watched and diagnosed every game since BB took over? I have, several times over. The biggest thing BB focuses on are match ups and exploiting the weaknesses of the other team or shutting down their greatest strength. Their is no greater coach in the history of the game than BB at those particular areas.

                          What are the Chiefs best at right now and what are the Patriots best at right now. The Chiefs nothing really. Bug they have a much better coaching staff from top to bottom than the Pats, to me that inarguable. RAC, Haley, Gibbs, Pleasant, Zorn, Smith, Thomas >>>>>>>>>. BB and who else is on that staff? I don't even know? Obrien? Pepper? MEH.

                          I think this game ends up being the greatest of a 14 point victory for the Pats. Not an easy victory. Don't be shocked if Brady is sacked more than 3 times with at least 6 QB hits. Don't be shocked if he throws 2 picks. Im not saying those will happen. I just think the coaching up of an inferior roster as perceived by the ******** public of the world(which minus Qb I'd take the Chiefs any day of the weeeekk over the roster of the Pats) will be the deciding factor.

                          I am not making sense. I know for I am still drink from last night and being optimistic.

                          I am going to the game though! Who else is going? I will be in a Bowe jersey with a black hoodie underneath!


                          Justin Houston will rape your souls!

                          The points in bold I don't really agree with.

                          BB is such an enormous advantage over Haley and the Patriots have the best O-Line coach in the NFL in Scarnecchia. There are also a lot of underrated guys on the coaching staff like O'Brien, Johnson, Patricia, S. O'Brien, and Fears. I love me some Crennel, Pleasant, and Smith, but the funny thing about those guys is that a lot of what those guys learned was under the tutelage of BB. The Patriots coaching staff could definitely use a guy like Crennel right now, but in no way would I take the Chiefs coaching staff over the Patriots.

                          I also think the Patriots roster is more talented at the moment than the Chiefs. I'd take every positional grouping on the Patriots offense over their counterparts on the Chiefs, and I'd take the D-Line as well.

                          QB- Laughably no contest
                          RB- No contest at the moment
                          WR/TE- Welker/Gronkowski/Hernandez> Bowe/Baldwin/Breaston
                          OL- Richardson is laughably bad, whereas nobody on the Pats is close to the same liability.
                          DL- I like the Patriots rotation better with Wilfork as the catalyst.
                          LB- Chiefs have a very large advantage here no question.
                          DB- Same, Flowers and Carr are beasts.

                          I don't usually feel this confident, and probably shouldn't because the Pats kind of suck this year and always blow a game or 2 like this, but I'm fairly confident they'll win.

                          Comment


                          • I'm going tomorrow night. Back home for Thanksgiving break, get to see the Pats on Monday night with McCluster, K Lewis, and Powe as a bonus!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by cmarq83 View Post
                              The points in bold I don't really agree with.

                              BB is such an enormous advantage over Haley and the Patriots have the best O-Line coach in the NFL in Scarnecchia. There are also a lot of underrated guys on the coaching staff like O'Brien, Johnson, Patricia, S. O'Brien, and Fears. I love me some Crennel, Pleasant, and Smith, but the funny thing about those guys is that a lot of what those guys learned was under the tutelage of BB. The Patriots coaching staff could definitely use a guy like Crennel right now, but in no way would I take the Chiefs coaching staff over the Patriots.

                              I also think the Patriots roster is more talented at the moment than the Chiefs. I'd take every positional grouping on the Patriots offense over their counterparts on the Chiefs, and I'd take the D-Line as well.

                              QB- Laughably no contest
                              RB- No contest at the moment
                              WR/TE- Welker/Gronkowski/Hernandez> Bowe/Baldwin/Breaston
                              OL- Richardson is laughably bad, whereas nobody on the Pats is close to the same liability.
                              DL- I like the Patriots rotation better with Wilfork as the catalyst.
                              LB- Chiefs have a very large advantage here no question.
                              DB- Same, Flowers and Carr are beasts.

                              I don't usually feel this confident, and probably shouldn't because the Pats kind of suck this year and always blow a game or 2 like this, but I'm fairly confident they'll win.
                              I will concede to a lot of that except this

                              WR/TE- Welker/Gronkowski/Hernandez> Bowe/Baldwin/Breaston

                              REALLY DUDE???? Without Brady Gronk/Hern are mediocre players. Without Brady Welker is just another guy. If you cannot see that then you are a blind homer.

                              Lets not be idiotic and think about taking those guys off the Pats roster and adding in Baldwin/Bowe and Breaston. I would take those three easily over your three. In a vacuum they are far more talented. It is impossible to see that right now since all you have ever seen are those three with Brady and Welker that one year with Cassel.

                              Bowe has been a top 5 WR since the start of last year with ****** ass Cassel and his 57 comp %. Give him Brady he would average year in year out 100, 1400 and 16. EASILY BRO! But his resurgence after the year in which he was suspended is 100% attributed to himself and Haley.

                              Why do I bother? Seriously. Anyways

                              If the Chiefs receive the ball and go up 3-0 after marching down the field and getting a FG I will GOOO BONKERZZZZZZZZZ since that would be the only way we will have a lead all night :/
                              my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                              <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                              <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                              <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                              Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                              What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                                I will concede to a lot of that except this

                                WR/TE- Welker/Gronkowski/Hernandez> Bowe/Baldwin/Breaston

                                REALLY DUDE???? Without Brady Gronk/Hern are mediocre players. Without Brady Welker is just another guy. If you cannot see that then you are a blind homer.

                                Lets not be idiotic and think about taking those guys off the Pats roster and adding in Baldwin/Bowe and Breaston. I would take those three easily over your three. In a vacuum they are far more talented. It is impossible to see that right now since all you have ever seen are those three with Brady and Welker that one year with Cassel.

                                Bowe has been a top 5 WR since the start of last year with ****** ass Cassel and his 57 comp %. Give him Brady he would average year in year out 100, 1400 and 16. EASILY BRO! But his resurgence after the year in which he was suspended is 100% attributed to himself and Haley.

                                Why do I bother? Seriously. Anyways

                                If the Chiefs receive the ball and go up 3-0 after marching down the field and getting a FG I will GOOO BONKERZZZZZZZZZ since that would be the only way we will have a lead all night :/
                                I'll give you Hernandez and maybe concede that Welker is definitely a system guy(but even in Miami was better than mediocre), but to say Gronk would be mediocre in any other team is frankly ridiculous. This is a guy who would have been a sure fire first round pick had his medical checked out.

                                Brady actually does similar things with Gronk that he did with Randy Moss. If he's covered he's not really covered. Brady just throws it up there and lets him compete for the ball and 99 times out of 100 he'll come down with it.

                                Gronk has elite size, very good speed for someone his size, tremendous hands, a huge catching radius, is one of the best blocking TEs in the NFL and is a fantastic route runner. There is nothing mediocre about him.


                                BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information