X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bored of education View Post
    I will concede to a lot of that except this

WR/TE- Welker/Gronkowski/Hernandez> Bowe/Baldwin/Breaston

REALLY DUDE???? Without Brady Gronk/Hern are mediocre players. Without Brady Welker is just another guy. If you cannot see that then you are a blind homer.

Lets not be idiotic and think about taking those guys off the Pats roster and adding in Baldwin/Bowe and Breaston. I would take those three easily over your three. In a vacuum they are far more talented. It is impossible to see that right now since all you have ever seen are those three with Brady and Welker that one year with Cassel.

Bowe has been a top 5 WR since the start of last year with ****** ass Cassel and his 57 comp %. Give him Brady he would average year in year out 100, 1400 and 16. EASILY BRO! But his resurgence after the year in which he was suspended is 100% attributed to himself and Haley.

Why do I bother? Seriously. Anyways

If the Chiefs receive the ball and go up 3-0 after marching down the field and getting a FG I will GOOO BONKERZZZZZZZZZ since that would be the only way we will have a lead all night :/
    Welker is the top slot WR in the NFL by an enormous margin. Week in and week out he's a first down machine. You don't get 120 catches a year by accident. Sure there are guys who make the sexy plays down the field, but this guy does his damage every week no matter who is on him. His agility is off the charts, is an underrated blocker, has excellent hands, and is extremely tough after the catch. Bowe is a great receiver no doubt, but I'd take Welker over him and that isn't a homer argument to make.

In terms of the rest of the group, you have Gronk who if you haven't been watching has a stake in the best TE argument. Brady has an unreal rating throwing in his direction it's like 135. He'd be good regardless of who is throwing him the ball.

Hernandez has first round type talent as well.

So yes I stand by my argument that Welker/Gronkowski/Hernandez> Bowe/Breaston/Baldwin. They might not be quite as dangerous vertically as the Chiefs group, but as a unit I'd take them 10 out of 10 times.
    Last edited by cmarq83; 11-20-2011, 11:40 AM.

Comment

• I don't usually get all that homerish, but to say that 2 of the 4 players who are elite aren't because they have Brady throwing to them is just plain stupid.

Comment

• So I sobbered up and I dont remember typing any of that I SWEAR D:
        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

• boe's trollin :(

Comment

• I wish good health Monday night to both teams.

It will be interesting how the Chiefs line up on D. I envision some 2-3-6 2-4-6, 3-3-5 set ups. Keep athleticism out there with Gilbery and Bailey who are much more conditioned for the no huddle/hurry up.

:D GOOD LUCK GUYS :)D
            my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
            <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
            <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
            <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
            Originally posted by Hermstheman83
            What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

• Jim Zorn is the single worst playcaller I've ever seen. I don't even know if I'd want him in the building.

That said, I think the Chiefs will find a way to make it a competitive game.

If the patriots do win in a blowout, it's because Belichick basically perfected their defense with Romeo when he was in NE. Tom Brady basically practices against it daily in NE.
              **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Reiss posted an interesting breakdown of the offensive line play today, courtesy of Pro Football Focus. 3 of the sacks we've allowed on the year were deemed to be Brady's fault.

Matt Light, 472 snaps in pass protection, 3 sacks allowed, 7 hits allowed, 22 pressures

Nate Solder, 293 snaps, 1 sack, 2 hits, 12 pressures

Logan Mankins, 474 snaps, 3 sacks, 4 hits, 11 pressures

Dan Connolly, 395 snaps, 1 sacks, 6 hits, 10 pressures

Brian Waters, 462 snaps, 2 sacks, 2 hits, 4 pressures

Sebastian Vollmer, 210 snaps, 3 sacks, 2 hits, 3 pressures

Ryan Wendell, 72 snaps, 0 sacks, 0 hits, 1 pressure
                Good information, and encouraging stuff as far as Solder goes. He's done a very good job as the swing man along the line this year and looks to have a serious future with the team down the road. He's still got a ton of room to improve as well. Hopefully that's soon, as the numbers are lining up with the eyeball test on Matt Light.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by Random Comment on ESPNBoston
                  f you look at most pressure (sacks + hits + pressures) allowed as a percentage of snaps played, the picture looks like this:
                  Light 6.7%
                  Solder 5.1%
                  Connolly 4.3%
                  Mankins 3.8%
                  Vollmer 3.8%
                  Waters 1.7%
                  Wendell 1.4%
                  Someone did the math for hit/snaps(%)... looks even cleaner
                  (I didn't check the math)

M.Light needs to go after this year. No more, please.
                  -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• That's not perfect, but yeah, it does give a ballpark idea of how efficient a guy has been in pass protection and Light has been the worst of the bunch by far. Freeney on Light has always been something worth watching, and even with the Colt's struggles this year, it still will be. Freeney and Mathis almost beat Pittsburgh by themselves in that game earlier in the year.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Vollmer is basically as bad as Light in everything except pressures.

That could be the RT vs LT discrepancy though.

I honestly thought Light had played better than those numbers indicate.
                      **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Originally posted by descendency View Post
                        Vollmer is basically as bad as Light in everything except pressures.

That could be the RT vs LT discrepancy though.

I honestly thought Light had played better than those numbers indicate.
                        Vollmer has also been hurt all year, so don't talk him down now and then love him when he returns to his usual beastly ways. :) But yeah, Light needs to go after this season.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
                        I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• Originally posted by descendency View Post
                          Vollmer is basically as bad as Light in everything except pressures.
                          I'm with you on Vollmer. Huge drop off in level of play from last year to now, even though the numbers don't really make it look that way. He hasn't been moving people off the ball in the running game either. Very disappointing season from him.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Dissapointing to see Vollmer DNP (back). Clearly the guy has been playing with a lot of pain.
                            Breed's QB Philosophy:
                            Originally posted by Breed
                            At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

• Mentioned this before, but I'm OK with it. Shut it down and see if you can get him right. Solder is giving good protection and we've got some depth there with Cannon as well. Scary running a rookie out there against Freeney and Mathis, but those are the types of guys Solder is able to handle so far.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I've always been a fan of J.Knox. I'd love to see him in Foxboro at some point in the future.
                                Just talking out my ass though, I don't know what he's contract situation is
                                -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information