Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I feel like a broken record, but once again this is going to be a tougher game than we anticipated a few weeks ago. Denver may well have a good chance at beating us. Say what you will about Tebow, but that Denver defense can play a little bit and can really get after the passer. In fact, they'll be sending two of the better guys at doing that in the NFL at the same time on certain downs. Von Miller is an absolute nightmare to try to block right now with how fast and slippery he is. Dumervil is one of the harder guys in the NFL to match up against as well with how unique he is as a rusher. We did a pretty good job this week on Orakpo and Kerrigan, but but this Denver group has been more prolific statistically and has a whole ton more to play for with Denver trying to make a playoff push. Denver has historically been a pretty tough place for us to win football games at times, so there's that to deal with as well.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
      So I feel like a broken record, but once again this is going to be a tougher game than we anticipated a few weeks ago. Denver may well have a good chance at beating us. Say what you will about Tebow, but that Denver defense can play a little bit and can really get after the passer. In fact, they'll be sending two of the better guys at doing that in the NFL at the same time on certain downs. Von Miller is an absolute nightmare to try to block right now with how fast and slippery he is. Dumervil is one of the harder guys in the NFL to match up against as well with how unique he is as a rusher. We did a pretty good job this week on Orakpo and Kerrigan, but but this Denver group has been more prolific statistically and has a whole ton more to play for with Denver trying to make a playoff push. Denver has historically been a pretty tough place for us to win football games at times, so there's that to deal with as well.
      I think I read yesterday that Denver were starting two backup safties including a rookie. I like our passing game in the middle of the field against pretty much anyone let alone two new starters at safety. We need to run the ball better this week. Denver have no one at DT worth a damn and their inside LBs aren't great against the run.

Really this should be a good matchup for us but I worry about our defense against anyone. If the protection in any way holds up we should still score points.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• It's really important for us to get an early lead. Preferably at least two touchdowns. We haven't been the best on our first drive lately, especially in regards to blocking pass rushers. Against the Redskins, we stalled out due to mental errors and miscommunication. We can't let Denver have the ball and start killing clock. Basically, the main battle is going to be fought within the first ten minutes of the game for the right to decide who dictates the pace. If Denver can turn it into their kind of game, they've got a good shot. If we can turn it into our kind of game early, Denver won't be able to keep up. Unless our defense continues to completely hapless. If they can just stay out of their own way and we're scoring, it should be a victory.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

It's really important for us to get an early lead. Preferably at least two touchdowns. We haven't been the best on our first drive lately, especially in regards to blocking pass rushers. Against the Redskins, we stalled out due to mental errors and miscommunication. We can't let Denver have the ball and start killing clock. Basically, the main battle is going to be fought within the first ten minutes of the game for the right to decide who dictates the pace. If Denver can turn it into their kind of game, they've got a good shot. If we can turn it into our kind of game early, Denver won't be able to keep up. Unless our defense continues to completely hapless. If they can just stay out of their own way and we're scoring, it should be a victory.
          The Broncos can't afford to be even close to scoreless though going into the 4th quarter to have a chance. I'm not sure there's a defense in the NFL that can stop the Pats scoring close to 20 points. If Tebow needs more than 2 scores in the 4th then that should be too much.

BB should, and I emphasise should, have the front seven playing disciplined gap control football to contain the running game. Then let the secondary worry about Tebow the passer. Force him into 2nd and 3rd and long situations.

I think this is the type of game where we will see a lot more 34 and 3-3-5 looks. There is no point in trying to hassle Tebow with pass rushers because he is ballsy and will try to evade rather than sit like a waiting duck, ala Sanchez.

For once I would be happy to see a gameplan of rushing 3 and dropping 8 into coverage when Tebow goes to pass because his intermediate accuracy is horrible. Take away passes in the flat and don't let Decker or Royal go deep against single coverage and I would be fairly confident.

Comment

• I expect to see quite a lot of 3-4 this sunday now that I think about it. Play Love at the nose and Warren and Wilfork at end. That leaves Deaderick and Ellis as backups which is nice. Of course, that would mean that Carter would have to play OLB or only see the field on passing downs. But still, Ninko and Moore should be able to generate a bit of pressure. Spikes and Mayo and the middle and let's go. I think TT will have more trouble with the 3-4 than our vanilla 4-3. He's terrible at deciphering defenses and if we really bring the heat he's going to give us the ball.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
            I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• Originally posted by Razor View Post
              I expect to see quite a lot of 3-4 this sunday now that I think about it. Play Love at the nose and Warren and Wilfork at end. That leaves Deaderick and Ellis as backups which is nice. Of course, that would mean that Carter would have to play OLB or only see the field on passing downs. But still, Ninko and Moore should be able to generate a bit of pressure. Spikes and Mayo and the middle and let's go. I think TT will have more trouble with the 3-4 than our vanilla 4-3. He's terrible at deciphering defenses and if we really bring the heat he's going to give us the ball.
              I actually would prefer to see Fletcher over Spikes this week. He has way better athleticism and could be used to spy Tebow. If Spikes is back though that would make a nice 3 man rotation at ILB this week

Comment

• That's a good point. Much like Fletcher did vs. Ray Rice last year I assume?

Originally posted by ElectricEye
                I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
                  The Broncos can't afford to be even close to scoreless though going into the 4th quarter to have a chance. I'm not sure there's a defense in the NFL that can stop the Pats scoring close to 20 points. If Tebow needs more than 2 scores in the 4th then that should be too much.
                  ...but there are defenses that have kept us from scoring more than 20. The Giants, Pittsburgh, and Dallas did that and Denver has a lot of similarities personnel wise to those teams. You can stop this offense, especially if you can keep Brady off the field and out of rhythm. We've been lucky enough to run into some teams that aren't interested in pressing our receivers lately. Haven't seen a team really try to follow the blueprint in awhile. With how well Denver is playing defense right now and how clever a coach John Fox is, I think we're going to see that come to an end this week.

Really get the feeling that we're going to have to fight for this one too. We may have to fight for every win from here on out, even.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

...but there are defenses that have kept us from scoring more than 20. The Giants, Pittsburgh, and Dallas did that and Denver has a lot of similarities personnel wise to those teams. You can stop this offense, especially if you can keep Brady off the field and out of rhythm. We've been lucky enough to run into some teams that aren't interested in pressing our receivers lately. Haven't seen a team really try to follow the blueprint in awhile. With how well Denver is playing defense right now and how clever a coach John Fox is, I think we're going to see that come to an end this week.

Really get the feeling that we're going to have to fight for this one too. We may have to fight for every win from here on out, even.
                    I think those games were right in the middle of the offense being in a bit of a funk as well though. I mean they played a good defense on Sunday, left a whole lot of points on the field and still scored 34. Denver don't have the horses in their defensive backfield or the interior rush to unsettle Brady

Comment

• Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
                      I think those games were right in the middle of the offense being in a bit of a funk as well though. I mean they played a good defense on Sunday, left a whole lot of points on the field and still scored 34. Denver don't have the horses in their defensive backfield or the interior rush to unsettle Brady
                      Well, they don't really need the interior rush pieces based on the blueprint from all those teams. A lot of that pressure did come from the outside on Light and Vollmer. Denver might just have the best outside pass rush out of all those teams as well, with the ability to send extra pressure from their linebackers. We haven't been the best about picking up pressure from the second level historically and that hasn't changed this year either. Say what you will about offensive struggles(we certainly had them. Showed signs of them yesterday as well), but he defenses me played and the gameplan those teams were able to execute against us has a lot to do with it. Washington has a good defense, but it's pretty clear they played very poorly yesterday. I don't think we can count on poor tackling and Gronk putting up 150+ yards again. It well could happen, but we certainly can't count on it.

I just don't buy that this offense is unstoppable. We've seen it stopped very recently, even. We've been better lately, but a lot of that has to do with facing some flat out bad teams and teams that didn't play their best football.
                      Last edited by ElectricEye; 12-12-2011, 05:17 PM.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by Razor View Post
                        I expect to see quite a lot of 3-4 this sunday now that I think about it. Play Love at the nose and Warren and Wilfork at end. That leaves Deaderick and Ellis as backups which is nice. Of course, that would mean that Carter would have to play OLB or only see the field on passing downs. But still, Ninko and Moore should be able to generate a bit of pressure. Spikes and Mayo and the middle and let's go. I think TT will have more trouble with the 3-4 than our vanilla 4-3. He's terrible at deciphering defenses and if we really bring the heat he's going to give us the ball.
                        I think you basically summarized what I was thinking. I'd point out that the 34 is better at stopping the run (because you are basically using 2 DEs and 3 DTs on the LOS) than the 43. A lot of fans think the 34 is better against the pass because of how you can send pressure from anywhere, but the 43 (IMO) has the best pass rushers. Most 34s don't really use that "versatility" anyways.
                        **** her in da *****!

Comment

The Giants, Pittsburgh, and Dallas
                          Tom was rumored to have a major elbow injury that has since healed. He definitely has been struggling early in games.
                          **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Originally posted by descendency View Post
                            Tom was rumored to have a major elbow injury that has since healed. He definitely has been struggling early in games.
                            I still don't totally buy that. Might have played a factor, but you can stop this offense if you play ball control and win the battle at the line of scrimmage(against the tackles and the receivers). Denver has some of the personnel to make that happen. Really hope that isn't the case but we're going to have less room for error against Denver than we've had against some of these teams that don't have anything to play for.

As far as stopping Tebow goes; he went off on the Vikings secondary a few weeks ago. I feel pretty confident in saying that we're not even as good as they are, crummy as that may be. You obviously sell out and stop the run first...but it wouldn't be the first time we gave up numbers to a bad quarterback. We haven't been all that great against the run lately either.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• We signed Vincent Fuller. Massive upgrade over what we have right now. Not saying much, but you gotta figure it's true haha.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• If the Patriots had 1 player, would we be undefeated?

I'd say so. If that guy were Ed Reed. Or maybe Calvin Johnson.
                                **** her in da *****!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information