This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
    Maroney ran 14 times for 36 yards (2.6ypc) with a long of 9.
    That's probably only half true. He probably ran for 50 yards, but only 36 yards forward.
    **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Maroney was incredibly gifted. Particularly at fumbling on the goal line in key situations.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Yeah, there's no way it's a bad hire. Great way to supplement O'Brien juggling two gigs.

Comment

• Maybe Patriots fans should write an open letter to Eric Mangini begging him to come back and be the DC in NE...

We might have a shot at a Super Bowl again before Brady dies.
          **** her in da *****!

Comment

• I still think that bridge is burned, unfortunately. I would absolutely love that too though...but I just can't see that happening this century. He would be a better potential Belichick replacement than McDaniels though. I don't want him anywhere near our personnel decisions, except maybe with wide receivers.

Also, on the subject of impossible ideas;

1. Find a time machine
            2. Sign 2007 Randy Moss.
            3. **** **** up.

Last edited by ElectricEye; 01-07-2012, 01:53 PM.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I think the bridge has been rebuilt with Mangini-Belichick. Really want to see him back in New England. He got hosed in his first two gigs. Never had a QB.

His personnel decisions were actually pretty solid overall.
              Last edited by nepg; 01-07-2012, 02:00 PM.

Comment

• I'm posting this here since I don't want to be murdered by fans who picked in the top ten under McDaniel's watch(I wouldn't like the guy either if that were to happen)....but I really feel like most of his failings in other places had to do with bad personnel decisions and just a general lack of grounding. With the personnel we have on offense(and hopefully the additions we make to sure up the wide receivers) and Tom Brady, I think we'll be able to maintain the pace on offense into next year and perhaps even get better. Just a really, really solid hire for us and it should help both parties involved.

I think the tight end factor is getting overblown a little bit. Gronkosaurus is the best tight end in the NFL(and coming off the best season a tight end has ever had), and we didn't have anyone even close to his ability threshold with us when McDaniel's made his first tour of duty. Ben Watson should have been better than he was, but I'll always remember him for proving that 4.4 speed at tight end doesn't make you Vernon Davis. Watson was actually fairly productive in 2006 as well, catching quite a few balls. Hernandez working underneath and in the middle after the catch seems to play well into his/our system as well.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg
                  It's a pretty basic formula. Ed Reed is going to be forced to cover Gronk and everything underneath will be wide open for Welker and Hernandez.

The Ravens will try to bring the pressure, and that's when the Pats go to Hernandez and Woodhead out of the backfield.

On defense, the secondary will have to keep everything in front of them and Spikes and Ninko will have to have good games to stop the run - inside and outside respectively.

Prevent the big play, and I see the Pats winning pretty easily.
                  The Ravens need to chip Gronk and Hern I think which will hurt their pass rush. Ed Reed won't be able to help with Welker (my favorite to have a big day). Ocho might even get a few catches lol.
                  Breed's QB Philosophy:
                  Originally posted by Breed
                  At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

• I'm not diggin' Skip Bayless antagonizing T.Suggs.
                    Mocking him and telling him how the Pats are going to destroy him and his team.
                    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                      I'm not diggin' Skip Bayless antagonizing T.Suggs.
                      Mocking him and telling him how the Pats are going to destroy him and his team.
                      Couldn't agree more. He needs to shut the **** up. Haha and people need to stop saying were a slam dunk to win this game, were not, like at all.

Originally posted by WMD
                      Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                      Originally posted by gpngc
                      I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• It's mostly national people. I haven't heard that kind of stuff coming out of the local media here. This game is a complete toss-up.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Yea, I couldn't agree more. This is going to be a slugfest.
                          It sucks that the Pats are doing their part. Being humble, saying only positive things about the Ravens
                          and then Skip comes in and ***** it all up for us. They don't need material for Harbaugh to post on their locker room to hype them up.
                          -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Especially not when Suggs already has it out for Brady.

Originally posted by WMD
                            Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                            Originally posted by gpngc
                            I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Eh, I'm not too concerned with Skip Bayless. If he could pump someone up, Lebron James would have like 10 rings already.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Apparently Brady wasn't seen at practice today. Participation report out in a bit. Hopefully there isn't anything funny going on, but it's sort of strange.

Edit:

Brady thing is out. Left shoulder injury.

EDIT 2:

More concerning from an availability standpoint; Solder and Hernandez were limited with concussions.
                                Last edited by ElectricEye; 01-18-2012, 03:35 PM.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information