X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by descendency View Post

Revis tore his ACL too early... The Jets might get Jarvis Jones now... :/
    I'm pretty sure their offense led by Mark Sanchise riding out the ground and pound attack of the awesome Shonne Greene will lead the Jets to at least 30 wins by the end of October

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• As much flack as the defense is getting I think it is important to remember they made a HUGE 4th down stop by the Ravens, followed by a drive that started out well but was killed upon a Woodhead -4 rush. There were a lot of rough spots on the defensive side of the ball but they had some bright spots. Even McCourty who I was very down on last year looked solid in alot of coverage, he almost had two picks (he has to make those). He just also happened to get killed on big plays when it mattered most to really negate the good things. We need this offense to produce to help out however, Gronk needs to be used times ten more than he has, and hopefully Hernandez gets back soon because we need him

Originally posted by WMD
      Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
      Originally posted by gpngc
      I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
        As much flack as the defense is getting I think it is important to remember they made a HUGE 4th down stop by the Ravens, followed by a drive that started out well but was killed upon a Woodhead -4 rush. There were a lot of rough spots on the defensive side of the ball but they had some bright spots. Even McCourty who I was very down on last year looked solid in alot of coverage, he almost had two picks (he has to make those). He just also happened to get killed on big plays when it mattered most to really negate the good things. We need this offense to produce to help out however, Gronk needs to be used times ten more than he has, and hopefully Hernandez gets back soon because we need him
        I definitely agree on every point. I wouldn't expect Hernandez back any time soon. High ankle sprains are typically a 6 week injury, no?
        -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

As much flack as the defense is getting I think it is important to remember they made a HUGE 4th down stop by the Ravens, followed by a drive that started out well but was killed upon a Woodhead -4 rush. There were a lot of rough spots on the defensive side of the ball but they had some bright spots. Even McCourty who I was very down on last year looked solid in alot of coverage, he almost had two picks (he has to make those). He just also happened to get killed on big plays when it mattered most to really negate the good things. We need this offense to produce to help out however, Gronk needs to be used times ten more than he has, and hopefully Hernandez gets back soon because we need him
          Yeah I think a lot of people are trying to make it out like this is the same defense from last year. They made some huge plays which should have ended the game on multiple occassions. The problem with the offense is it simply isn't clutch anymore. For all the **** the defense gets playing down the stretch, how many of those situations should they have been in? Most times it comes down to getting one more first down. Take Sunday night. Negative play on first down, bad recognition by Brady to take a sack on second, and then 3 and 14 was a situation that seldom gets converted.

I don't know if it is to do with play calling, crumbling under pressure or a combination of both but it appears that every time it comes down to the crunch the offense just can't get that last first down.

I really do not trust this team in close games anymore. It's either blowouts or crushing close defeats

Comment

• Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post

I really do not trust this team in close games anymore. It's either blowouts or crushing close defeats
            This. Especially what you said about the offense. It seems when we need that one first down to seal it... we rarely do. It's disappointing.
            -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
              This. Especially what you said about the offense. It seems when we need that one first down to seal it... we rarely do. It's disappointing.
              It's just genuinely the worst feeling. When we were up by 9 in the 4th I knew we were going to lose the game. Up by 2 scores in a game where we were pretty much unstoppable offensively, We KNEW that it was going to happen because we've seen this so many times.

Comment

• Originally posted by cmarq83 View Post
                It's just genuinely the worst feeling. When we were up by 9 in the 4th I knew we were going to lose the game. Up by 2 scores in a game where we were pretty much unstoppable offensively, We KNEW that it was going to happen because we've seen this so many times.
                It's not even just that. You knew that the Patriots offense weren't going to score anything, you knew the Ravens would march down the field in less than 5 minutes to get a TD, you knew the Patriots wouldn't hold the ball for long enough and you knew the Ravens would kick a field goal with time running out. You could call the fourth from about 11 minutes out, it was ridiculous!!!

Any hope was quickly quashed. On the field goal drive you thought, "ok make them move slowly down the middle of the field and attempt a long field goal with their rookie kicker". What happens??? Big play, easy completion, pass interference. Game over.

Comment

• I mean its been this way for awhile. Its a big part of the reason I knew we would go on to lose the SB last year once Welker dropped that catch and we didn't convert on 3rd afterwards. That drive was a game ender and the offense choked. Idk if were just not making any adjustments at that point and defenses are keying in on what they need to or what but its getting old.

Originally posted by WMD
                  I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...ng-in-to-block

I guess Gronk was used primarily as a blocker last game. Wtf, why aren't we feeding him the ball then?

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...ng-in-to-block

I guess Gronk was used primarily as a blocker last game. Wtf, why aren't we feeding him the ball then?
                      I can understand using Gronk as a blocker more against stud pass rushers or teams who can effectively rush the passer, however the Ravens can't. The combination of McClelland and Upshaw could get nothing done and haven't done much all year. I can only assume the Pats thought Baltimore would blitz more and that's why he was used more as a blocker.

Comment

• Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
                        I can understand using Gronk as a blocker more against stud pass rushers or teams who can effectively rush the passer, however the Ravens can't. The combination of McClelland and Upshaw could get nothing done and haven't done much all year. I can only assume the Pats thought Baltimore would blitz more and that's why he was used more as a blocker.
                        Fair enough, but he released more than double the amount of plays he stayed into block, which goes against alot of our original thought processes that he didn't do much because he stayed into block. Its just weird.

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

Fair enough, but he released more than double the amount of plays he stayed into block, which goes against alot of our original thought processes that he didn't do much because he stayed into block. Its just weird.
                          There seems to have been some really weird goings on with the offense over the first few weeks. Now clearly I'm not sure if it's play calling, Brady making questionable decisions or just flat out execution but it is worrisome.

For instance, against Arizona Brady was keying in on Lloyd who really struggled against both Peterson and Fleming. However, it worked against Cary Williams this week and Lloyd had a nice game. Yet, when the game was in the balance Lloyd didn't get a target on the last series, instead Brady looked to Danny Woodhead more than anyone else.

Comment

• The real concern is Ras-I Dowling. After seeming like he was flashing in camp, he seems to now be the 5th CB (not DB) behind players like Sterling Moore and Marquis Cole.
                            **** her in da *****!

Comment

• From a prospect model, I liked his tools and size but other than that I wasn't overly thrilled with the Dowling pick.

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

• Greg A. Bedard has an interesting take on both Dowling and Shane Vereen. He believes both guys are in BB's dog house for their inability to play through pain and show that toughness. When Dowling has been on the field he has looked relatively solid. I have no doubt he would be a better option than Cole or Moore.

The "problem" here is with the division as it is the Pats should walk to the playoffs and I think Belichick is trying to drive the fact that neither Dowling or Vereen are due anything based on their draft slot. Here's hoping that's the case because the Pats have a horrendous record with second rounders with the exception of Vollmer in the last few years and I would hate for another two talented players to fall by the wayside

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information