This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
    The two guys on that list that jump off the page at me are Levitre and Max Unger. I would absolutely love either or both of those guys
    Here are some of the guys that stood out to me:

RB Peyton Hillis (KC) - absolutely annihilated us when he played in Cleveland
    FB Greg Jones (JAC) - surprisingly good blocker and can run the ball a little bit as well
    FB Brian Leonard (CIN) - running back/fullback tweener who is also a pretty good receiver
    WR Danny Amendola (STL) - could potentially replace Wes Welker and add some youth
    WR Randy Moss (SF) - pipe dream, but Moss is one of my all-time favorite Patriots
    WR Louis Murphy (CAR) - stretches the field vertically, played under Urban Meyer at Florida
    TE James Casey (HOU) - very versatile receiver who would make a perfect backup "F" TE
    TE Steve Maneri (KC) - jumbo tight end who can also play a little bit of offensive tackle
    OT Ryan Harris (HOU) - Patriots lack a true backup at left tackle, could use a reserve
    OG Mike Pollak (CAR) - can play guard and center, very intelligent swing backup possibility
    DT Wallace Gilberry (CIN) - reminiscent of Jarvis Green, was a good rotational rusher
    DT Jason Jones (SEA) - defensive tackle/end tweener, mulligan on Jonathan Fanene
    DE Michael Bennett (TB) - simply one of the most underrated players in the league
    DE Lawrence Jackson (DET) - great run defender, not very heavily utilized in Detroit
    DE Lawrence Sidbury (ATL) - stuck behind Abraham, Biermann, Edwards, etc. in Atlanta
    CB Antoine Cason (SD) - has been very inconsistent, may sign for relatively cheap
    FS Jim Leonhard (DEN) - reliable, can also return punts and play on special teams

Comment

• Love Hillis, he's perfect for us. He's a good receiver out of the backfield and can really pick up tough yards between the tackles. He'd be a great compliment to Ridley.

Also like Louis Murphy as well.

Comment

• Gregory is out. Wilson is probably starting. I'm not feeling warm and fuzzy about this.
        -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• For whatever reason, I am feeling fairly confident about this game. Gut feeling.

Also Hernandez is now questionable for this weekend. Nice.
          Last edited by Jvig43; 10-05-2012, 05:47 PM.

Originally posted by WMD
          Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
          Originally posted by gpngc
          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• I'm not so confident the Patriots will win, but they should be able to score some points. Here's the preview for NEPatriotsDraft:

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012/...tml#more-20745

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
              Gregory is out. Wilson is probably starting. I'm not feeling warm and fuzzy about this.
              I have been really impressed with Wilson in underneath zone and some man coverage. He was a huge reason for Nink's sack against Buffalo. However, I would worry about the Pats' ability to cover the deep part of the field. Neither Wilson, in his short time here, or Chung have shown a great ability to patrol center field. The one thing that may help is Manning hasn't been great going deep for Denver.

I am just guessing here, but I feel McCourty may see a lot of man coverage against Thomas. Thomas primarily lines up on the right side of the offense and will be matched up on McCourty. McCourty's game could be a huge thing in deciding this game. I fully believe we will see a lot of underneath zone n Stokley and Decker while one of the two TEs may be bracketed by Mayo and Wilson/Chung.

The front 4 stopping the run will be huge too. If they can force Denver to be one dimensional then I think this game will get too far ahead of the Broncos.

Offensively I think Brady should have a good day. The o-line had a great day against a much better (on paper anyway) front against Buffalo. If they can move d-linemen off the ball I really don't like Denver's LBs and safeties in the run game. If the running game is solid then play action should kill their back 7. Gronk is my guy for a big day tomorrow

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• Matt, in the future of those write ups you should predict a final score. Nice job tho once again.

Originally posted by WMD
                I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                  Matt, in the future of those write ups you should predict a final score. Nice job tho once again.
                  Thanks for the suggestion. I've been considering doing that, so maybe I'll start next week. How about 27-24? I don't think we'll see the same offensive explosion that we have previously because New England won't have either tight end at full strength and because Peyton Manning will be able to keep the Broncos on the field longer than Tim Tebow did, but I'm hopeful for a win.

Comment

• So I'm finally back home and have a decent internet connection for the first time since the Arizona game, and now I can't even watch tonight's game since I have to get up real ******* early tomorrow to go to a job interview... I think we have a real chance of winning this game. If we can force Denver into being one dimensional by stifling the run and forcing Manning to throw it 40+ times I think we're going to win relatively easy. If not, look for a close game. All I want to see is BB throwing the sink at Manning all night and have him running for his live.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
                    I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• Yeah that O-line has not been too helpful keeping Manning clean.

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                        Gregory is out. Wilson is probably starting. I'm not feeling warm and fuzzy about this.
                        This could be a very big moment for him, he has played well in limited time this year and has had a knack for being in the right place at the right time. We all like him but there are questions, and most of those questions revolve around what he would do if he played a bigger part. I don't like that his moment is coming when we are 2-2 and playing Peyton Manning, but I have faith in him and this will be a big test.

Comment

• Apparently, Rob Gronkowski is hurt really badly and playing through it.
                          **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Nink must frequent these parts of the board. Hes having a good day.

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

• A lot to talk about, but before I write everything just wanted to point out that Dennard was locked up on his man whenever he was in.

Comment

• I came in here specifically to give Dennard some props. Great game for him.
                                -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information