LB Jeff Tarpinian (ERFA)
    LB Tracy White
    DB Will Allen
    DB Kyle Arrington
    DB Josh Barrett
    DB Patrick Chung
    DB Marquice Cole
    DB Aqib Talib
    Good list, I'd prefer to keep Talib even though his play has been questionable so far. We really can't try and redo our entire CB depth chart behind Dennard. I'd also show the door to Hoomanawanui. I prefer Fells and Ballard to him by a significant margin, and I feel like we can find somebody who can do the same things he does but better pretty cheaply, Delanie Walker anyone?

Also obviously Welker and Vollmer have price limits in terms of what they should be paid. We have proven we can survive without them, so I wouldn't break the bank, and may even consider a higher priced DFA over them.

Comment

• I'd like to resign Talib if he doesn't cost too much. While his play hasn't exactly been shutdown-esque, he has allowed McCourty have a permanent move to safety and is an upgrade over any other CB on the roster

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• Talib is coming off his worst game so far in NE. I think the Patriots will strongly consider pursuing him, though. He's easily their best DB.

I am not sure how i feel about letting Arrington walk. He's a good nickel DB. He's definitely not a guy you want on the boundary or the field side, but in the slot, he's not so bad.

I'm ok with letting Welker walk. He has the offer from the Patriots and he can come back on that offer, but if he wants - then we should let him go. This team needs to get younger at WR. Brady needs to stop relying on the crutch that is his favorite targets (Brown, Branch, Welker, etc) and start developing chemistry with guys that are brought in or start working with them more.
        **** her in da *****!

Comment

• We need to get younger at WR big time. In fact we need an actual number one for that matter.

Originally posted by WMD
          Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
          Originally posted by gpngc
          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• The Pats still are using their "#1" as a clearout, decoy kinda guy at the minute. It's hard to argue that it's not successful, however I too would like a guy who can line up outside and be a real threat. Pipe dream for the draft is Keenan Allen but we should have a legitimate shot at Hunter or Woods, although it would be tough to pass on Austin as an inside guy as well

Comment

• Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
              The Pats still are using their "#1" as a clearout, decoy kinda guy at the minute. It's hard to argue that it's not successful, however I too would like a guy who can line up outside and be a real threat. Pipe dream for the draft is Keenan Allen but we should have a legitimate shot at Hunter or Woods, although it would be tough to pass on Austin as an inside guy as well
              I think how the Patriots draft their next "future #1" receiver is going to tell us the most about what they plan on doing with Mallett going forward. From watching the preseason I have a pretty good feeling that he doesn't fit that well with what we currently do offensively. He has more of a downfield game that utilizes his enormous arm. If we draft a 6'4" burner who can run 9's and deep post/corner patterns it may be a sign that we see Mallett as our future QB. It wouldn't be unlike BB to think ahead, and Brady's touch on his deep ball is the only thing that I have noticeably seen decline, so he may not be able to utilize a guy like that. However, if BB wants to groom a future #1 deep threat for a few years, and unleash him at the same time as Mallett I think we might have a smoother transition between QB's.

Comment

• Originally posted by cmarq83 View Post
                I think how the Patriots draft their next "future #1" receiver is going to tell us the most about what they plan on doing with Mallett going forward. From watching the preseason I have a pretty good feeling that he doesn't fit that well with what we currently do offensively. He has more of a downfield game that utilizes his enormous arm. If we draft a 6'4" burner who can run 9's and deep post/corner patterns it may be a sign that we see Mallett as our future QB. It wouldn't be unlike BB to think ahead, and Brady's touch on his deep ball is the only thing that I have noticeably seen decline, so he may not be able to utilize a guy like that. However, if BB wants to groom a future #1 deep threat for a few years, and unleash him at the same time as Mallett I think we might have a smoother transition between QB's.
                Yup Mallett's arm can really widen and deepen the field and he therefore needs a guy who can do the same. Both Gronk and Hernandez will have huge roles to play under either QB but while Brady flourishes with guys like Welker, Edelman and Woodhead they kinda become useless with Mallett. Brady makes the right reads and has great accuracy underneath. Both of those traits are big unknowns at this point with Mallett. However he can make the type of throw that Brady only wishes. If the Pats take either Hunter or Patterson in the draft it is a big sign of change for the offense in the next few years. In saying that if they go with Austin then it's clear BB is going to ride Brady for the next 4 or 5 years and then they will both retire

Comment

• I think BB will coach past Brady. I sincerely hope so at least.

Originally posted by WMD
                  I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                    I think BB will coach past Brady. I sincerely hope so at least.
                    I tell myself Belichick and Brady will be here forever. Don't want to think about having one or both of them gone. Never going to happen. NOPE!

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                      I tell myself Belichick and Brady will be here forever. Don't want to think about having one or both of them gone. Never going to happen. NOPE!
                      It's going to suck to see the Patriots have a losing season for essentially the first time since I've been a big enough fan to care. However, I do get a lot of utility out of seeing new guys get a chance and grow. I know the ultimate thing you want as a fan is to see your team win, but there is more to watching football and being a fan than that. I remember Bledsoe and for all his faults he was a pretty damn entertaining guy to watch, even watching Matt Cassel for a year was fun in its own way.

I hope Mallett gets a chance to start at some point for this team down the road because there is something to watching a guy who you have to hold your breath for every time he goes deep. It's pretty damn entertaining even though you see more valleys as a fan. I appreciate Brady and all he's done for this organization and for me as a fan, because in reality I probably would be nowhere near as intense of a fan if I rooted for the Bills or the Browns, but at the same time the end is coming and I know I'm going to have to roll with it.

It's going to be tough for all of us to see the Pats lose, get crushed, go through QB's, coaches, ect. However, it'll be our time and we certainly deserve it after all the success the Patriots have had. It's just the next chapter. Plus, I really do love our young core: Ridley, Gronk, Hernandez, Solder, Jones, Spikes, Dennard, (McCourty?). Even without Brady there are plenty of teams that have it worse off.

Comment

• And the important news of the day...

Tebow did a lot of sprints in full pads on the field by himself after the practice. He also hopped back and forth on one foot for a while. He looked to be the last player on the field.
                        **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Michael Jenkins released, I am relieved.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                            Michael Jenkins released, I am relieved.
                            Huzzah! It'll be interesting to see who McDaniels turns into his next Lloyd and Woodhead, but I'm at least relieved it's not going to be Jenkins.

Comment

• Originally posted by cmarq83 View Post
                              Huzzah! It'll be interesting to see who McDaniels turns into his next Lloyd and Woodhead, but I'm at least relieved it's not going to be Jenkins.

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

• Amendola just did what Welker didn't at NE - catch a seem pass where he beat someone deep.

Please stay healthy... Please stay healthy... Please stay healthy...

And Sudfeld with the 2 point conversion over two defenders.
                                **** her in da *****!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information