X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
    Trade Brady, start Mallet.

jk but seriously Brady sucked today and why we didnt try running the ball to balance things is beyond me.
    Was Ridley hurt? Didn't see him at all in the 4th Quarter.

Comment

Trade Brady, start Mallet.

jk but seriously Brady sucked today and why we didnt try running the ball to balance things is beyond me.
      Jets Run defense dominated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vaylor View Post
        Jets Run defense dominated.
        It looked that way, but 4.5 ypc...

Comment

• The Pats didn't play well, but they got completely hosed on 2 huge plays that should have resulted in them winning the game. The long swing pass to Boldin that was sent back because of a ******** PI call on Gronk (when Gronk was ran into after being held and turned by the defender) and that ******** pushing call. Even before the penalty negated the Boldin play, they gave him a really ****** spot. He went out at the 6 inch line, but they marked it at the 3 yard line. How do they **** up by 10 feet?

The refs literally took the game away. One of those games that made it feel like I was watching a rigged production.
          Last edited by nepg; 10-20-2013, 04:06 PM.

Comment

• The run was inconsistent today, both in the yardage gained and the way it was called. Wasn't in love with the gameplan going into the day. Whoever it's on, it seemed like the staff and Brady were just as enraptured with Gronk's return as we were. Should have slowed it down and tried to grind out some yards on the ground, especially in the second half. The passing game has looked at it's best off of effectively sold play action this year anyway.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I'm thinking Ridley was hurt. He had to have been. Didn't see him much in the second half.

Comment

• Watching a little bit of the game on rewind.

...it's honestly hard to believe Brady was as bad as he was. We've seen it before this season, but it's never been as bad as this. May be the worst game I've seen him play since the early 2000's. Looked like a backup quarterback at times. Aside from the interception, he seemed to consistently make the correct reads. He just didn't have any control over where the ball was going to be. That's kind of scary.

I think he'll be fine long-term, but it's time to admit that he's a major part of the problem this year.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Posted this in the gameday thread, but might as well post it here too.

I'm 100% not blaming the loss we suffered today on the bad call, but this is kind of interesting.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...roversy/26011/

Belichick, who has proven time and time again that he knows the rules as well as anyone in the game, had stated that he didn't agree with the foul and used some of the language cited in this as his reason for disagreeing with the call. He also NEVER shows up the refs in media events.

Again, what's done is done and we put ourselves in a position to lose that game by playing totally crummy football, but it's interesting nonetheless.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• There was also that ridiculous PI call on Gronk that would have been a touchdown to put the Pats up 28-27...

Comment

• Eh, the Pats ran a blatant pick play on that one. Sure lots of times they don't get called but I don't think it was a horrible call.

Overall it's easy to blame the refs for this one but it was not a good game for the Pats and they probably deserved to lose.

Geno marched the ball up and down on our defense with Kyle Aarington and Logan Ryan specifically being targetted. Luckily Geno made an ill-advised throw which led to the INT for TD.

McCourty had a really nice game and Chandler and Chris Jones showed up in the pass rush at times, but the defense struggled. A lot is to do with missing the 2 DTs and Mayo, however the difference in the passing game when Talib goes out is huge. Dennard is a stud and can fill in covering #1 WRs, but Arrington can't cover grass and Ryan is still a bit green.

Offensively after the first drive it was pretty horrendous.

Is Stevan Ridley that poor a passing down back that Bolden sees more than 50% of the snaps?

Solder got manhandled yesterday as well, although you won't see a better defensive front in football than the Jets.

Gronk had some nice flashes but at times you could tell it was his first game back.

I am actually getting impressed with Aaron Dobson the last few weeks. He is gaining nice seperation.

But for me the big problem is Brady. I literally do not feel comfortable any time Brady goes to throw the ball. He tries to muscle every single throw regardless of if it is a short cross or a deep fade. After a while we need to stop looking at the WRs and start admitting that Brady isn't playing well.

Maybe it is a confidence thing that will improve with more weapons, but damn he is playing his worst football this year

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• I made the mistake of listening to Patriots postgame on my long ride home yesterday. If we're being honest with ourselves the blame for yesterday's game should squarely fall on the shoulders of Brady. People are blaming the defense and the o-line when in reality they both had pretty good games yesterday. The Pats defense needed the Pats offense to net 14 points in regulation to win the game, 14 POINTS!!! A lot is being made of the Pats run defense today, but they allotted 3.5 ypc and 3.15 excluding Geno Smith runs. That should have been enough to get it done.

Now the O-line. They had the hardest matchup in the game. Wilkerson, Snacks, and Richardson are beating right now, and we pretty much played them to a draw. We got 4.5 ypc on the ground and really only gave up 6-8 decent pressure opportunities. Brady has just been such an enormous statue this year, and has taken every potential sack that has come his way. With a guy like Russell Wilson that may be a 0 sack game, and an averagely mobile QB that's probably a 2 sack game. It's hard for me to blame the oline when they're giving him 5 second clean pockets 75% of the time against that front.

Brady has 3 qualities that have made him great.
                        1) Short and Intermediate accuracy
                        2) Ability to navigate and step up in the pocket
                        3) Decision making

The only one that is really manifesting itself on the field right now is number 3. I'm worried that 2 may be gone forever, and number 1 mechanically just isn't there right now. Considering Mallett was struggling in the same area this preseason, you have to wonder if some coach like Brian Daboll is messing up their mechanics. I have nowhere near the acumen to tell, but it would be interesting for someone to take a deeper look.

Brady is our competitive advantage. He's how we should be winning games. He's the guy with the big contract, and we have been putting him in the position to make plays. It's on him if we don't succeed. I'm just tired of fans and commentators making excuses for him this season when quite simply he isn't delivering.

Comment

• I agree with the sentiment already here. Overall the team played well and Brady didn't. I laughed to myself when watching b/c I thought "It's Mallett Time!" but realized by the end of the game that it really wasn't funny.

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                          Posted this in the gameday thread, but might as well post it here too.

I'm 100% not blaming the loss we suffered today on the bad call, but this is kind of interesting.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...roversy/26011/

Belichick, who has proven time and time again that he knows the rules as well as anyone in the game, had stated that he didn't agree with the foul and used some of the language cited in this as his reason for disagreeing with the call. He also NEVER shows up the refs in media events.

Again, what's done is done and we put ourselves in a position to lose that game by playing totally crummy football, but it's interesting nonetheless.
                          Interesting, indeed. That's tremendously FUBAR and I hope it does not get brushed under by the media. I am now very curious to see if this gets legs or just turns into a chance for the national media to say something negative about the Patriots for this "conspiracy" even existing. It looks like it's time for Roger to fine himself & his admin staff a cool 1/2 million and lose a draft pick.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• No thread for the rule change in the forums. I'm curious to see if one comes up (not started by a Pats fan) and how long it takes, if it does.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                              No thread for the rule change in the forums. I'm curious to see if one comes up (not started by a Pats fan) and how long it takes, if it does.
                              Eh I dont think will be made, idk I find it hard to get upset about the rule when we just played a poor game anyway. Not sure that rule stays around much longer after this season anyway, as that was just ridiculous.

Originally posted by WMD
                              Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                              Originally posted by gpngc
                              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Eh I dont think will be made, idk I find it hard to get upset about the rule when we just played a poor game anyway. Not sure that rule stays around much longer after this season anyway, as that was just ridiculous.
                                Me either, tbh. I do think it would have been made (about 30 seconds after it hit the internet) if the ruling had worked in the Patriots favor, though.

I'm pretty sure you guys know by now that I loathe those that claim "the refs won/lost the game" b/c there's always a lot of football that should have made a bigger difference. Ultimately, that loss is entirely on the Patriots. There were too many missed opportunities to point at one play and place the blame there. A bad call +/- misinterpreted rule is not the culprit in the loss.

I still expect Goodell to fine himself and forfeit a draft pick.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information