Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That call was BS but it shouldn't have come down to that.

Comment

• And on top of everything else that was mentioned, our gameplan was ridiculously stupid. We had 0 balance yesterday. During the two minute drill, we had a good amount of run to pass plays to tie the game, and then right into OT we go three straight passes.

Originally posted by WMD
      Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
      Originally posted by gpngc
      I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• I really don't understand why, against a team like the Jets, we don't try more stretch runs. They are an aggressive front who can manhandle the offensive line when they get going so yeah, running up the gut can be tough. But you can use some of that aggression against them like they did on Ridley's TD run. At least that way you have a chance of getting some yardage and the play action threat opwns up. Yesterday they didn't put any sort of faith in the run game and just decided that Brady was going to spread them out.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
          I really don't understand why, against a team like the Jets, we don't try more stretch runs. They are an aggressive front who can manhandle the offensive line when they get going so yeah, running up the gut can be tough. But you can use some of that aggression against them like they did on Ridley's TD run. At least that way you have a chance of getting some yardage and the play action threat opwns up. Yesterday they didn't put any sort of faith in the run game and just decided that Brady was going to spread them out.
          Draws and screens. Things we used to run quite effectively. We ran a few with Bolden in a row and it slowed the D down well.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• We ran an awesome wheel route with Bolden out of the backfield which got called back due to Gronk being ran into, and then called for setting a pick.

Originally posted by WMD
            I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by cmarq83 View Post
              Brady is our competitive advantage. He's how we should be winning games. He's the guy with the big contract, and we have been putting him in the position to make plays. It's on him if we don't succeed. I'm just tired of fans and commentators making excuses for him this season when quite simply he isn't delivering.
              As much as I agree with the sentiment that this is on him as much(if not more) than anyone else, I'm really starting to buy into the murmurs that he may have hurt his throwing hand during the game. I've just never seen him THAT off in a game. No doubt he played poorly before it happened, but I've never seen him outright erratic like that. The placement of the deep ball is nothing new, but he didn't seem to have a ton of control over where the ball was going period yesterday. Something wasn't right.

Mallet supposedly put his helmet on and started warming up a bit after the pick six too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• There's gotta be something wrong with Brady's hand for his throws to be so off. Mallett warming up maybe confirms it as Brady would never be pulled simply for poor play.

Comment

• From watching the game, ridiculous stat of the day: NE has 13 straight winning seasons. Team in second (Packers)? 4.
                  What got into Blount today? That was awesome.

Comment

• So I'll be rooting for San Diego so we can play either KC or Indy. Cincy is the last team of the bunch I want to play right now.

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                      So I'll be rooting for San Diego so we can play either KC or Indy. Cincy is the last team of the bunch I want to play right now.
                      Agreed, although I kinda think no matter who we play it will depend on what other team shows up.

If we play Cincy and the Andy Dalton from yesterday plays we win. If good Andy Dalton plays we likely lose.

If we play the Colts and they play like they did against Denver, Seattle, SF etc we lose, but really apart from that they have been an average looking side.

KC is interesting because they have beaten poor teams and got beaten by good teams but they are perfectly built to beat the Pats.

Dream scenario,

Indy beats KC and Cincy beats SD

Pats beat the bad Andy Dalton led Bengals
                      Indy beats the Broncos

Pats beat the Colts in Foxboro

Realistic scenario,

Pats one and done

Comment

• Soooooo,

Apparently Brandon Spikes is playing through a knee ligament tear that is going to require offseason surgery. Major props to that guy for not shutting it down on the verge of the most important financial negotiation of his life. I can't believe we're probably going to let this guy walk.

Comment

Soooooo,

Apparently Brandon Spikes is playing through a knee ligament tear that is going to require offseason surgery. Major props to that guy for not shutting it down on the verge of the most important financial negotiation of his life. I can't believe we're probably going to let this guy walk.
                          I absolutely love Spikes but I don't see any way we can legitimately resign him. We will have limited cap room and he is competing against guys like Edelman and Talib for a contract.

Now, I would take Spikes over Edelman even with how well he has played this year, but not Talib.

Unless they can work some sort of cap magic with long term deals for McCourty etc then I don't see him back. Even at that, I am not a big fan of pushing cap hits to later years, just look at Pittsburgh

Comment

• Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
                            I absolutely love Spikes but I don't see any way we can legitimately resign him. We will have limited cap room and he is competing against guys like Edelman and Talib for a contract.

Now, I would take Spikes over Edelman even with how well he has played this year, but not Talib.

Unless they can work some sort of cap magic with long term deals for McCourty etc then I don't see him back. Even at that, I am not a big fan of pushing cap hits to later years, just look at Pittsburgh
                            I think we have some more of Siliga to see, but I've really liked the way he's been playing for us. I'm trying not to get too high on him like I did with Chris Jones, but he's honestly playing better for us than Wilfork did the first few games of the season. If he keeps this up through the playoffs then I definitely think we have to keep the Wilfork option open.

Comment

• So are we resigning Collie now that Dobson is dead again lol. I really wish we had a WR.

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

I think we have some more of Siliga to see, but I've really liked the way he's been playing for us. I'm trying not to get too high on him like I did with Chris Jones, but he's honestly playing better for us than Wilfork did the first few games of the season. If he keeps this up through the playoffs then I definitely think we have to keep the Wilfork option open.
                                Not trying to go overboard with the hyperbole here but Siliga may have been our best defensive player the past 3 weeks or so.

The Wilfork option definitely has to be open but it will be such a tough move to make. Although, the biggest thing would be a fan backlash and Belichick has shown before he doesn't really care about that. From a pure football perspective Vince hasn't been worth his contract recently. In saying that, can we be confident with what we have?

Also, I'm actually still impressed with Jones. He does struggle at times at the initial point of contact and he is still playing too many snaps, but I think he is a guy who could be a perfect fit in that Mike Wright role

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information