Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah if we can get Jackson for a mid round pick I am all for it. What I worry about is how teams will start to defend us and I think it starts this week.

I really think the Broncos will rush 4, because they can get home with just 4. Then Talib will take LaFell, Harris will take Edelman and they will bracket Gronk with Ward and a LB. At this stage they are asking a combo of the RBs, Tyms/Dobson and Amendola to beat them. I don't think we will run the ball well enough to force them to commit to stopping it and it could be a long day. Although I think we can have success against the Broncos in pass defense, not shut down but I wouldn't be surprised if Manning ended with something like 250 and 2TDs with a pick.

Now, if we had a guy like V-Jax, it would be Talib on him, Harris on Edelman which leaves LaFell on Roby which is a matchup you would look at. Then if we can make some plays it would force the Broncos into giving help to either side which would open up Gronk.

I think our only chance to make a big impact offensively this week is if Gronk just straight out balls again, because if he is on he can't be covered by any 2 players.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• Tim Wright has caught 17 of 18 targets on the season so far. Something tells me we should make a concerted effort to keep that guy involved. Still just an awesome effort yesterday.

I agree with Jvig though, lets not fall into the trap we do every year. We still need someone who can make plays along the sideline, plus with our game with TJ Ward coming up you have to still be worried about Gronk's health.

Comment

• I think the most important take away from yesterday is the OL playing well. Man, they just needed time. Good to see them getting it together.

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
          I think the most important take away from yesterday is the OL playing well. Man, they just needed time. Good to see them getting it together.
          Plus you have to really appreciate Brady doing a better job moving around in the pocket. It looked like he was regressing poorly in that department. Hes been doing much better the last few weeks of stepping up and sliding around.

This Bronco game scares me, especially when they get the extra time to prepare for us. Way too early in the week for me to be feeling anxious about this.

Originally posted by WMD
          Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
          Originally posted by gpngc
          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• It's a bit hard to think too much about the Broncos with the trade deadline looming. One team I think that on the surface would make good trade partners with us is the Jets. They're in a tailspin and are basically in future rebuild mode. That leaves some useful pieces that could help us serve as a stopgap for that are in the last years of their Jets contracts. Guys like Harris, Ivory, Pace, and Ellis are all intriguing for us, and probably could be had by the Jets. Also a Coples-Dennard type trade would make some sense to me as well.

They'd likely never trade with us because of the whole division dynamic, but I could see a lot of those guys being plug and play for us.

Comment

• I would love to have Chris Ivory on this team.

Comment

• The Jets need DBs and WRs, we need DL depth and RB depth. I think a fair trade would be Dobson and Dennard for Ivory and Wilkerson. Come on Rex, make it happen!!! We'll even throw in Amendola to sweeten the deal

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• Obviously a lot of good things happened yesterday, one thing I wanted to mention is that I was pretty impressed with Akeem Ayers. Obviously didn't have much time to learn what was going on but you can see his athleticism out there. Everyone knows that he has talent, but if he can become comfortable in this system and stay healthy I think he could be a big addition for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                    Our Wrs are not fine. We do this every year. We beat the piss out of bottom tier teams to inflate our offense statistics and then come big games/playoffs our guys get killed in press and no one can open up the deep game once teams just clog the middle of the field. And its only going to get worse if we lose Gronk again. If we want to go down that road again sure, but wr is not "fine".

Not to say there isn't more pressing needs (OL still needs help imo), but I would take Vjax in a heartbeat for a third.
                    Exactly. We've looked good against several of the worst passing Ds in the league. I am fully prepared for a massive crash to earth against a complete team like the donks. In fact, I think it's going to be ugly. We have been super jelly of the donks brining in talent yet, now that we've patched together a few good games, we're willing to say we're all set? No.

Ultimately, work something out in the 'conditional' pick area for Jackson. If he's dropping balls and his production is low, it's a 3rd. If he beasts it becomes a second. Draft picks are overrated (especially here) - though I will note that I really haven't followed as much league-wide this year. If Jackson is suffering b/c the team is bad (Lovie is terrible!) then that changes, but it could just as easily be a case of the 'bad team blues' for him.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• Apparently were also looking into trading for Doug Martin. Weird. I'm wondering if this is a case of journalists just publishing info based on our ties to the Bucs in recent years.

Originally posted by WMD
                      Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                      Originally posted by gpngc
                      I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                        Apparently were also looking into trading for Doug Martin. Weird. I'm wondering if this is a case of journalists just publishing info based on our ties to the Bucs in recent years.
                        Same problem as VJax, in that there's no coverage and I don't know if the issue is diminished talent vs. bad team blues. Honestly, I'd say pass on an RB trade unless it's costing pennies on the dollar. They're too easy to find (see: Gray, Jonas) and plug in. Using any valuable assets on them is silly.

Comment

• I really like what we've seen out of Gray so far. Martin is probably a better player now and going forward, but I'm not sure I would give anything of value up for that sort of upgrade. Small sample size, but Gray seems to really compliment Vereen's skillset. Maybe even a bit more than Ridley did.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                            I really like what we've seen out of Gray so far. Martin is probably a better player now and going forward, but I'm not sure I would give anything of value up for that sort of upgrade. Small sample size, but Gray seems to really compliment Vereen's skillset. Maybe even a bit more than Ridley did.
                            Competition makes a big difference, though. Gray looked decent but you could see the difference in talent between him and Ridley in his runs. Less fleet of foot, less balance, less (or no) ability to get skinny through the line. Overall, I agree that he's a good complimentary RB and will be serviceable for this season. If Martin comes at a Percy Harvin like discount then let's do it. Otherwise, it's a pass.

Comment

• Supposedly the Bucs are also looking at trading Mark Barron. Doesn't sound like he's played very well in the NFL but I'd be excited to bring him in for a reasonable price. Patrick Chung's looked pretty good this year, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matthew Jones View Post
                                Supposedly the Bucs are also looking at trading Mark Barron. Doesn't sound like he's played very well in the NFL but I'd be excited to bring him in for a reasonable price. Patrick Chung's looked pretty good this year, though.
                                I like our safety rotation. Chung, Harmon, and Wilson all bring something to the table. I'm not really sure what Barron would add at this point tbh.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information