Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New England Patriots Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anyone else in a weird "I don't give a **** what happens Sunday, I'm just going to watch the game and not even be mad" mode? I even try to go over scenarios to make myself anxious and it doesn't work. My lifelong hate for Denver and the Manning rivalry factors just aren't phasing my apathy.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by nepg View Post
      Anyone else in a weird "I don't give a **** what happens Sunday, I'm just going to watch the game and not even be mad" mode? I even try to go over scenarios to make myself anxious and it doesn't work. My lifelong hate for Denver and the Manning rivalry factors just aren't phasing my apathy.
      I'm expecting a loss, so I'm not as nervous as I normally am.

      Comment


      • According to my passing efficiency rating, NE is the second best passing offense in the AFC East (behind Buffalo...) and Denver is a full yard per play better than us.

        I think we know what's coming Sunday and are just prepared for it.
        **** her in da *****!

        Comment


        • You guys are all lying if you're saying your not going to be devastated if we lose. Yes Denver is much better than us, but losing to Denver and Manning is not something any of us are going to have an easy time swallowing.

          Comment


          • http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2014...-hoodie-record

            Who do you think was the intern who had to compile this? Needless to say, the red hoodie should be doused with gas.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by cmarq83 View Post
              http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2014...-hoodie-record

              Who do you think was the intern who had to compile this? Needless to say, the red hoodie should be doused with gas.
              But how does he do ATS. That could be worth it to compile.
              **** her in da *****!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by nepg
                That's "Get me Dez Bryant" money
                NE will fail to get Dez Bryant, but to compensate they will call up Antonio Bryant. Close enough, right?
                **** her in da *****!

                Comment


                • Randle Cobb and Dez. Do it.




                  Dreeeeeam. dream dream dreeeeeeam.

                  Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                    Randle Cobb and Dez. Do it.




                    Dreeeeeam. dream dream dreeeeeeam.
                    Dear God make it happen

                    Comment


                    • I'm not understanding the contract restructure done by Brady. From the sound of it, all that does is give the team $24 million in cash - why would this team need cash?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Blackluck View Post
                        I'm not understanding the contract restructure done by Brady. From the sound of it, all that does is give the team $24 million in cash - why would this team need cash?
                        $24 million is a lot of cash to be keeping in an escrow account. Especially if you're on the verge of sending out a handful of signing bonuses that will probably be >$10 million. The Krafts and the Patriots have a lot of money, but it's likely held in a decent variety of assets. It's hard for any business to send out $10's of millions of dollars in a given year, and have it make financial sense. Now they can use that cash that would have otherwise been in an escrow account, and use it however they'd want.

                        Comment


                        • I took it to mean the $24M was tied to performance (it was changed from a "skill" bonus) which would certainly be counted towards salary cap if paid. Instead it is now more of an injury insurance policy, which would not count towards cap.

                          Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

                          Comment


                          • This article can explain it.

                            http://deadspin.com/actually-tom-bra...ise-1676198955

                            Comment


                            • Got it! Thanks cmarq, that clears things up nicely.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                                I took it to mean the $24M was tied to performance (it was changed from a "skill" bonus) which would certainly be counted towards salary cap if paid. Instead it is now more of an injury insurance policy, which would not count towards cap.
                                Tom Brady removed his skill guarantee of the remaining 24 million and added 3 million at 1 million per year to his deal. That makes 2015-2017 worth 27 million. However, if the Patriots decided to cut Brady tomorrow (or the day after they win the Super Bowl...), they would owe him 0 unless Brady can claim he has some injury that prevents him from playing in 2015 - then he's owed all 27 million or at least 24 of it.

                                The thing is, he is never really guaranteed to make anything beyond what he has already made now. The Patriots could cut ties with him after 2016 and he would fail to ever see 7 million he was promised in 2013.
                                Last edited by descendency; 12-31-2014, 03:30 PM.
                                **** her in da *****!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information