This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like one of these

1- Laron Landry, FS, LSU (I believe him or Nelson will fall)
    1- Lamar Woodley, DE/OLB, Michigan (Many are giving him a rd. 2 grade)
    2- Robert Meachum, WR, Tennessee
    3- James Marten, OT, BC

OR

1- Darrell Revis, CB, Pitt
    1- Dwayne Bowe, WR, LSU
    2- David Harris, LB, Michigan
    3- Aaron Rouse, SS, VT

Comment

Originally posted by EHobbs27
      My new dream mock right now for the Pats looks like this:

1.) Levi Brown-LT-Penn St.
      1.) David Harris-ILB-Michigan
      2.) Johnnie Lee Higgins-WR-UTEP
      3.) David Irons-CB-Auburn
      What can I say, your dream mock is my nightmare. You're drafting all of those guys way too high, except Brown. Harris might be worth a first but should be left for us in the second, Higgins is probably a third or fourth rounder because he only fits into a couple of schemes (including ours) and Irons is overrated because he's Kenny's brother.

Comment

I think a lot will change come draft day. I feel Harris has done enough this year to warrant a first round pick. He is going to be dominant inside a 3-4 defense. Johnnie Lee Higgins is going to be a steal for a team. He is perfect in our system and I wouldn't be suprised if he isn't there for us after the combine where he will rank in the top 3 or 4 time wise in the 40. That is a legit reason for Irons being a bust. :D I watched him in many games this year including the game against South Carolina where he shut down Sidney Rice.

Comment

The reason I say safety is a bigger priority than corner is because we can move Eugene Wilson back to corner. Besides that, most of the safetys have the ability to move up to corner, like Reggie Nelson, Michael Griffen and Brandon Merriweather. I think having Wilson at corner may be better for his body, then again, he may be a bad corner. I don't know, not of the corner's really jump out at me like the safetys...

Comment

I hear you. If Antoine Cason declares then I like the CB's a lot. Both positions are very strong in this years draft and I do believe we will get either a CB or a S in round one. For Safties I like Reggie Nelson the best, but he will be a borderline top 10 pick, I like Michael Griffin, but he isn't suited to move to CB like the other safties are. Brandon Meriweather is probably the best cover saftey, but he does have character questions. I like Eric Weddle a lot though because he can play CB or S.

For CB's I like Leon Hall and Darrelle Revis, but both look like they will be gone. I like Antoine Cason and Fred Bennett.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay
              The reason I say safety is a bigger priority than corner is because we can move Eugene Wilson back to corner. Besides that, most of the safetys have the ability to move up to corner, like Reggie Nelson, Michael Griffen and Brandon Merriweather. I think having Wilson at corner may be better for his body, then again, he may be a bad corner. I don't know, not of the corner's really jump out at me like the safetys...
              i agree :D

Comment

Levi Brown is too slow to play LT, he'd be a definite DOWNGRADE from Light. So that would be pointless.

Harris is a good ILB but he's too slow and stiff in coverage, from what I've seen / heard. He's ranked about a 3rd/4th rounder. Don't think it would make sense to reach that badly.

I don't see WR as a huge need. There's no guarantee that drafted players are better than the ones we got. I think they're serviceable...especially if Jackson starts playing more.

CB is a huge need. Samuel probably leaves. Safety is a need too. Could use an ILB like Patrick Willis or Desmond Bishop or a DE/OLB like Anthony Spencer.

So many WRs are busts, I think it's a huge risk to take one high.
                "Those two men showed what one motivated Marine and his rifle can do! And before you ladies leave my island, you will ALL be able to do the SAME THING."

Comment

Yeah, I'm not sure about Levi playing on the left, either. I don't think we would draft a rookie OT to guard Brady's blindside. Light has a huge deal and I'm not so sure we'd cut him with that much money to lose, but if we did, our new left tackle would most likely be a free agent pickup. Leonard Davis is the best free agent and there isn't much after him, so with that as the best option I think we might see Light back on the left in '07.

Another option could be to move Logan Mankins to LT, Matt Light to RT, and then find a new LG. Todd Steussie, maybe? I wouldn't really want Belichick to start switching around everyone's position on the line, though.

Comment

Alright, I just got done with a mock offseason. The draft includes compensatory picks and is very weird, especially with how I addressed the WR position. Take a look and tell me what you think.

Re-signed Free Agents:

Eric Alexander LB
                    Tully Banta-Cain LB
                    Heath Evans FB
                    Larry Izzo LB
                    Corey Mays LB
                    Junior Seau LB
                    Mike Wright DL

Left As Free Agents:

Rashad Baker S
                    Wesley Britt OT
                    Troy Brown WR (Retired)
                    Don Davis LB (Retired)
                    Barry Gardner LB
                    Randall Gay CB
                    Daniel Graham TE
                    Patrick Pass FB
                    Asante Samuel CB
                    Gemara Williams CB
                    Billy Yates OG

Free Agents Signed:

Travis Taylor WR
                    Fred Wakefield TE
                    Antwan Peek DE
                    Terdell Sands DT
                    Orlando Huff LB

Draft Picks: *New England receives two fifth round compensatory picks for last year's free agency departures*

1. (f/SEA) Patrick Willis, ILB/Ole Miss
                    1. Daymeion Hughes, CB/California
                    2. Joe Staley, OT/Central Michigan
                    3. Adam Carriker, DE/Nebraska
                    4. Sabby Piscitelli, S/Oregon State
                    5. Pick traded to OAK for WR Doug Gabriel
                    5. (comp.) Daniel Sepulvea, P/Baylor
                    5. (comp.) Jay Moore, DE/Nebraska
                    6. Brandon Myles, WR/West Virginia
                    7. (f/CLE) Ryan Moore, WR/Miami (FL)
                    7. (f/ARI) Chris Davis, WR/Florida State
                    7. (f/PIT) Steve Breaston, WR/Michigan
                    7. Justin Holland, WR/Louisiana Tech

Comment

• Harris is a good ILB but he's too slow and stiff in coverage, from what I've seen / heard. He's ranked about a 3rd/4th rounder. Don't think it would make sense to reach that badly.
                      Harris has played very well this past season and has definately caught the eyes of many scouts. He has perfect size for a 3-4 defense and I think he will test well at the combine. I definately think right now he is a borderline 1st rounder, but to say he is a 3rd or 4th rounder is just crazy right now.

I don't see WR as a huge need. There's no guarantee that drafted players are better than the ones we got. I think they're serviceable...especially if Jackson starts playing more.
                      WR NOT A HUGE NEED???? We have the worst WR core in the NFL. Reche has played decent, but come on now, he is nowhere close to being a #1 WR in this league. Who knows right now with Chad. I think he will only get better, but I also don't want to wait many more years with Brady in his prime. Troy will retire, and I don't know if Bam Childress or Kelvin Kight can get the job done. We need a WR badly and unless you guys want to settle for a Drew Bennett on FA, we should look to the draft for one. In the past few years there have been a decent amount of first round WR's that have played well.

CB is a huge need. Samuel probably leaves. Safety is a need too. Could use an ILB like Patrick Willis or Desmond Bishop or a DE/OLB like Anthony Spencer.
                      I agree CB is a need, but safety is not a need. Artell is 29, Eugene is young, and James Sanders is getting better and better as he gets more time. We will be fine at S.

As for your mock Raven, I like P-Willie, but I'm not liking the Daymeion Hughes pick. He is a good CB, but he is much better suited for a Cover-2 defense. Also if we are going to lose 2 of our bigger CB's (Cool and Samuel), I'm pretty sure we would draft at least 2 CB's.

Comment

• Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy
                        1. (f/SEA) Patrick Willis, ILB/Ole Miss
                        1. Daymeion Hughes, CB/California
                        2. Joe Staley, OT/Central Michigan
                        3. Adam Carriker, DE/Nebraska
                        Would be great but I wonder if Carriker will not be selected in the first round or early in the second.

Thanks to BoneKrusher

Comment

• Watching the game, I'm starting to like James Sanders more and more.

Comment

• man this sucks ive only gotten to watch 5 patriot games all year. god i hate living in georgia

Comment

• Watching the game, I'm starting to like James Sanders more and more.
                              I'm telling you, I believe James Sanders has cancelled out our first round need of S. He is our guy for the future.

I hope Rodney is okay.

Comment

• Asante is going to make a lot of money come March.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information