X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel the pain guys....:(

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

Comment

• Yeah, after falling behind 24-0 in the first quarter, I knew we werent going to come out on top. Argh, I hate this time of year. Its like sunday, sure you have the day off to do what you like doing, yet in the back of your mind you know its going to end soon and you have to go back to work. I dont wanna wait a year to see the pats again :(

Originally posted by WMD
      Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
      Originally posted by gpngc
      I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl...ory?id=4813994

Prediction on what will happen here? Franchise? Long term? Leave the team in FA? Other?
        Long term deal. I see Mankins getting franchised though
        -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Well tough loss, but I think most of us knew from the beginning of the seasons this was a building year.

Big changes coming this year though I think...

FA Departures:

Sam Aiken
          Billy Miller
          Ben Watson
          Stephen Neal
          Matt Light
          Derrick Burgess
          Jarvis Green
          Le Kevin Smith
          Eric Alexander
          Leigh Bodden
          Laurence Maroney

Resigned:
          Kevin Faulk
          Vince Wilfork
          Logan Mankins (Tagged)
          Tully BC
          Stephen Gostkowski
          Pierre Woods

Potential FA Pickups:

Cadillac Williams
          Mike Bell

Antonio Bryant
          Mark Clayton
          Tony Scheffler

Marcus Mcneil
          Kevin Mawae
          Deuce Latui

Leonard Little
          Adewale Ogunleye

Shawne Merriman
          Barrett Ruud
          Karlos Dansby
          Kirk Morrison
          Thomas Howard
          Larry Foote

Richard Marshall
          Nick Harper
          Marlin Jackson

And hopefully a Sergio Kindle or the likes in the draft!
          Breed's QB Philosophy:
          Originally posted by Breed
          At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

• Unless there are option clauses or they will be impacted by an uncapped year, the following guys are not FA's yet:
            Sam Aiken - just signed an extension this year - 3 years - and won't be a FA until 2012 (link)
            Laurence Maroney - his rookie contract has him signed through 2010 and hitting FA in 2011.
            Matt Light - also has one more year on his contract and won't hit FA until 2011.

I'd like to see Bodden and Jarvis Green re-signed. I would love to see Scheffler and even a guy like Mike Bell. Barrett Ruud . . . dream on. I can't imagine the Bucs would be stupid enough to let their leading tackler leave, especially with the amount of cap space Tampa has right now.

Mawae and Dansby would be great but I suspect they will both be too expensive for the "Patriot Way" so I won't be holding my breath.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
              Long term deal. I see Mankins getting franchised though
              Isn't Mankins an RFA? They can tender him and franchise Vince if they want to.

I think they'll do what they can to re-sign Vince, but they're waiting to see what happens with the CBA first. Both will be back.

Comment

• Just read on PFT that Pees is to be fired (or has been). While I think this is excellent news, I wonder why BB didn't go after Crennel? The report states, that Matt Patricia (LB coach) is the leading candidate. I'm not sure what to think of that. What I would really like is someone with an aggressive mentality to come in and get after the QB. Anyways, it'll be interesting to follow the next couple of weeks.

Link to the article

Originally posted by ElectricEye
                I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
                  Isn't Mankins an RFA? They can tender him and franchise Vince if they want to.

I think they'll do what they can to re-sign Vince, but they're waiting to see what happens with the CBA first. Both will be back.
                  Yes, Mankins is a RFA. He'll likely get the highest tender, but I'm not sure whether they can franchise Wilfork or not. But I'm confident both will be back.

I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• Originally posted by Razor View Post
                    Just read on PFT that Pees is to be fired (or has been). While I think this is excellent news, I wonder why BB didn't go after Crennel? The report states, that Matt Patricia (LB coach) is the leading candidate. I'm not sure what to think of that. What I would really like is someone with an aggressive mentality to come in and get after the QB. Anyways, it'll be interesting to follow the next couple of weeks.

Link to the article
                    I wondered this same thing when I read Pees was fired. I'm not a Pees fan in the slightest (his schemes were too vanilla and reliant on the defense having actual, you know, talent) but it seems weird to fire him so late and miss out on Pees. It would be nice to get Al Groh but he's probably going to Miami.

Comment

• Also, doesn't it seem a little weird that the guy rumored to be our next defensive coordinator has only had a defensive background since 2006, and is the positional coach for arguably the team's weakest link, the linebackers? I guess Mayo, Guyton, and TBC are all pretty good, but the unit seems like the weakness of our defense, besides maybe cornerbacks. Patricia was an offensive lineman in college, then worked as an offensive assistant for a few schools before joining the Pats as an OL coach. In 2006 he moved to LBs. Seems strange - can't say I'm pumped for this.

Comment

• Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                        Also, doesn't it seem a little weird that the guy rumored to be our next defensive coordinator has only had a defensive background since 2006, and is the positional coach for arguably the team's weakest link, the linebackers? I guess Mayo, Guyton, and TBC are all pretty good, but the unit seems like the weakness of our defense, besides maybe cornerbacks. Patricia was an offensive lineman in college, then worked as an offensive assistant for a few schools before joining the Pats as an OL coach. In 2006 he moved to LBs. Seems strange - can't say I'm pumped for this.
                        No, you're not the only one wondering why he should be a candidate when he has so little experience. Al Groh would be nice, I didn't even think about him! But yeah, he'll probably end up in Miami. Is there a legit candidate out there who's not currently employed by the Patriots?

Comment

• Jim Bates...

Comment

• Pees is saying he wasn't fired and that he chose to leave.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-stepped-down/

"I just chose not to return. My contract is up and I've chosen to pursue other opportunities."

"My contract with the New England Patriots will expire in a couple of weeks and I have informed Mr. Kraft and Coach Belichick that I will not seek to renew it.

"I enjoyed my time in New England, but feel this is the right time to pursue other opportunities. I had the privilege of working with some great coaches and great players over the past six seasons and leave the Patriots with some wonderful memories that will last a lifetime. In addition to the players and coaching staff, I want to thank the Kraft family, the media and the fans for all of their support."

Comment

• Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                              Also, doesn't it seem a little weird that the guy rumored to be our next defensive coordinator has only had a defensive background since 2006, and is the positional coach for arguably the team's weakest link, the linebackers? I guess Mayo, Guyton, and TBC are all pretty good, but the unit seems like the weakness of our defense, besides maybe cornerbacks. Patricia was an offensive lineman in college, then worked as an offensive assistant for a few schools before joining the Pats as an OL coach. In 2006 he moved to LBs. Seems strange - can't say I'm pumped for this.
                              Guyton sucks, hopefully we get some help at LB and he sticks to special teams. Al Groh would have been a sick hire and I would've been very happy with Crennel, but Pees had to go.

Comment

• Glad he's gone.
                                -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information