This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by proshoota25 View Post
    would mike nolan be a fit here as a possible defensive coordinator?
    I don't really think so. Belichick has never really compromised as far as defensive schemes - look at when he brought Dom Capers in here, a former head coach, and proceeded to pretty much shut him out of any gameplan stuff whatsoever. I don't see Belichick hiring anyone who's going to want to take things in his own direction. Not saying I wouldn't like Nolan here, because I think he's a pretty good defensive coordinator, but I just don't think that's the way we're going to go to replace Pees. Much more likely that someone is promoted, although I'm not too fond of the idea.

Comment

• I would love to see a Mike Nolan style defense being run here. At least bits and pieces of it anyway.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
        I would love to see a Mike Nolan style defense being run here. At least bits and pieces of it anyway.
        exactly thats what i was thinking.

who knows, maybe bill beli. will cave into pressure and get someone in hear who can help call the shots, under all the criticism he's been getting lately.

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

• I somehow don't think BB will cave to the pressure. I also wouldn't mind Mike Nolan but Belichicks schemes have been successful in the past, we just need better players to run them effectively. I'm hoping a complete overhaul of the linebacker core is done this offseason just like the secondary was last year

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• Would yall be willing to let Wilfork walk? Has Brace played good/ at all this year? I read a book yesterday about the beginning of yalls dynasty (Micheal Holley wrote it pretty good) and he gets in depth and it shows Belicheck actually trust everyone on his coaching staff as long as they provide eveidence on the subject.

Comment

• There's zero chance Wilfork walks.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

There's zero chance Wilfork walks.
                Thats why I was asking, and wondering if you could tell me about Brace. Knowing the way Belichik does players he has a set number he thinks a players worth and if they dont agree he lets them walk i.e. Lawyer. More insight would be appreciated!

Comment

• There's really not much to it. Wilfork is a beast in his prime and the one player we can't afford to lose. We can also afford to pay him. He's also eligible, albeit not that enthusiastic about it, to be tagged.

As far a Brace goes, he didn't play at all this season. Only registered eight tackles. Even when Wilfork was hurt, we liked Mike Wright more at nose and sometimes went to zero defensive linemen sets rather than play Brace. Myron Pryor really made him look bad this year and he played both a lot more and more effectively.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

There's really not much to it. Wilfork is a beast in his prime and the one player we can't afford to lose. We can also afford to pay him. He's also eligible, albeit not that enthusiastic about it, to be tagged.

As far a Brace goes, he didn't play at all this season. Only registered eight tackles. Even when Wilfork was hurt, we liked Mike Wright more at nose and sometimes went to zero defensive linemen sets rather than play Brace. Myron Pryor really made him look bad this year and he played both a lot more and more effectively.
                    Yeah I remember seeing Wright some when I watched Pats games, mainly because the would be the only white guy on the DL haha. I thought Brace would be a huge pickup for yall, and in a few years let Wilfork go because of it. I dont know yalls cap situation, thats why I was wondering. What exactly are yalls needs? Im thinking a rush OLB? What else?

Comment

• Wilfork will be looking for a long term deal with a (well deserved) large dollar amoung both in the bonus and yearly salary.

I don't necessarily feel the Pats won't be willing to pay him big money, but they may be leary of a 5 year contract @ double digit figures each year. As much as we Pats fans all agree he should get that deal, it's not likely.

But letting him walk with no return is just not going to happen. He'll get a franchise tag or even transition tag, especially if two of those tags become available in the event we hit an uncapped year.

Brace has done nothing outstanding, but he has only had limited playing time. He looked solid on some plays and was completely washed out on others. There's no shot in hell he is ready to take over for Vince in 2010. Even long term it is not likely. Wilfork is a true stud at the position and that is too rare to replace easily.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• OLB - pass rush. A big enough need that we all want 2 picked in with our 4 picks from 23-53.

Followed (not closely at all - lol) by RG, C, TE and WR.

Comment

• Originally posted by zachsaints52 View Post
                          Yeah I remember seeing Wright some when I watched Pats games, mainly because the would be the only white guy on the DL haha. I thought Brace would be a huge pickup for yall, and in a few years let Wilfork go because of it. I dont know yalls cap situation, thats why I was wondering. What exactly are yalls needs? Im thinking a rush OLB? What else?
                          We need OLB's in the worst, worst, worst possible way. We've been downright arrogant about not having pass rushers around. Now it's reached the point where we no long have any kind of choice in the matter as we not only lack a pass rush, we lack guys who can play the run. We just don't have any real talent accumulated at that position. Mayo and Guyton looked mediocre this year and we could use a big thumper at ILB, but a lot of that had to do with the lack of competent outside linebackers.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

We need OLB's in the worst, worst, worst possible way. We've been downright arrogant about not having pass rushers around. Now it's reached the point where we no long have any kind of choice in the matter as we not only lack a pass rush, we lack guys who can play the run. We just don't have any real talent accumulated at that position. Mayo and Guyton looked mediocre this year and we could use a big thumper at ILB, but a lot of that had to do with the lack of competent outside linebackers.
                            So basically the only set positions is NT (Wilfork resigning of course), Mayo, Merriweather, Green, Warren, and Bodden? Is Warren still that All-World 3-4 DE everyone talked about last year?

Comment

• Green and Bodden are both in contract years. Personally, I'd like to see both re-signed but who knows. CB is pretty deep with Wilhite, Wheatley and Butler. Safety is set with Merriweather, Chung & Sanders. D-Line is also very deep with Pryor, Brace, and Wright in the mix with the guys you mentioned.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                                Green and Bodden are both in contract years. Personally, I'd like to see both re-signed but who knows. CB is pretty deep with Wilhite, Wheatley and Butler. Safety is set with Merriweather, Chung & Sanders. D-Line is also very deep with Pryor, Brace, and Wright in the mix with the guys you mentioned.
                                Elvis I'm loving the sig and the mock, that would be phenomenal.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information