Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Odrick and Ducasse (maybe even Hardy) are long shots to make it to us in those spots but I felt that way about Rey Maualuga last year, too.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• i like your mock as well. i think mine is interesting, and its more of who i hope we get rather than what i think we will do right now lol

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

• As long as we spend our picks and add at least one potential true pass rusher I will be happy.

I'd love to see Spikes here and we definitely need a TE, too. That last pick (53, 54?) can go anywhere really, assuming we get a pass rusher taken care of by then. C, G, TE, OLB, ILB, DE . . . anywhere.

Comment

• I LOVE the second half of Elvis' mock. Not a Kindle guy at all. Not a fan after the way he played this season. Doesn't do anything better than Jerry Hughes and is the same type of athlete. Oderick is alright, but give me Deaderick a round later. Neither would be a bad pick, more a preference thing.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I like that mock much. If he falls I would go Spikes instead of Odrick though. If we came away with Kindle/Hughes, Spikes, Ducasse and Hardy in the first two I would be delighted. I think getting another guy in the rotation on the d-line can be had later. Vince Oghabaase looks like he could be slipping hopefully to the fourth

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• There are some concerns about Oghabaase, but he could be a solid rotational 3-4 DE with a little upside. Wouldn't mind him at all in the fourth round.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                I LOVE the second half of Elvis' mock. Not a Kindle guy at all. Not a fan after the way he played this season. Doesn't do anything better than Jerry Hughes and is the same type of athlete. Oderick is alright, but give me Deaderick a round later. Neither would be a bad pick, more a preference thing.
                I like Kindle more because he has played both OLB and DE. Meaning he has experience rushing the QB with his hand in the dirt and from the LB position. He also has experience dropping back into coverage. I don't think he will fall to our first round pick though (after the combine i mean).
                Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, Texas Longhorns

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                  There are some concerns about Oghabaase, but he could be a solid rotational 3-4 DE with a little upside. Wouldn't mind him at all in the fourth round.
                  Yeah he's a guy would was projected by some as a first rounder in the offseason but has fallen quite significantly. I wouldn't want him any higher than the fourth though but at that point he would be worth the risk

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigburt63 View Post
                    I like Kindle more because he has played both OLB and DE. Meaning he has experience rushing the QB with his hand in the dirt and from the LB position. He also has experience dropping back into coverage. I don't think he will fall to our first round pick though (after the combine i mean).
                    I'm also hoping for Kindle to fall into our lap, but I'm not counting on it. After he blows up the combine he's going to be a lock at #12 to Miami. He's a guy I wouldn't mind trading up for though, he's just that good imo.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
                    I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• I agree that Kindle will blow up the combine but so will Morgan and Griffen and JPP etc. The amount of athletes at the DE/OLB position this year is great for the Pats because inevitably some will fall. Hopefully Kindle gets caught up in the mix and falls slightly. I wouldn't be too impressed if we traded up for him because it would probably take a 2nd to get up and there is great value in the second this year.

Comment

• Vince in the 4th would mean we don't get a top center, though. I'm still holding out hope that our traded 3rd rounder doesn't bite us in the ass. Pouncey, Tennant, Walton and hopefully O'Dowd could all get snapped up before we pick again in round 4.

I'm thinking a trade down would be fine at the end of the 2nd so we could have a chance at the top center and a guy like Oghabaase.

Comment

• The thing about Kindle is that he wasn't a good player for Texas for like...half the season this year. Just wasn't a presence on the field at all. The fact he has experience dropping into coverage is nice, but he's damned inconsistent. We have enough of that here already. Also, his pass rush moves, like Orakpo last year, are relatively limited. He just gets by on his athleticism. Granted, he's a good athlete, but we all know how well that works in the NFL. I'm not even sure he will be a first round pick at this point, even after the combine. He would have to run like 4.5 in the forty to get back into that range IMO. Don't think he will either. I would take any of Brandon Graham, Eric Norwood, Greg Hardy, or Jerry Hughes over Kindle and wouldn't lose any sleep. Greg Hardy probably isn't as much of a possibility anymore unless he cuts weight though, given that he just weighed in at 280.
                          Last edited by ElectricEye; 01-21-2010, 11:07 AM.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• ^ It seems to have worked out well for Orakpo, though. I'll always lean towards taking the better athlete available and expect to coach 'em up.

Personally, I'd love to see Graham in NE and am curious to see if BB picks him if he makes it to 22. At 6.2 he would be a contradiction to BB's "they weren't tall enough" BS last year.

Comment

• Hasn't Hardy had some injury with his foot or ankle that kept him out of the season for the last month or so? Having a bad wheel makes working out a little tough. Maybe he drops to one of our 2nd rounders and he spends the summer in the weight room in a NFL strength and conditioning program then problem solved! Wishful thinking i know.

Didn't they draft a bunch of late round guys to play on the dline last year? Myron Pryor, Darryl Richard (is he on the team still?) and Brace in the 2nd. I'm don't know enough about Vince to form a valid opinion would he be someone to replace Jarvis if he leaves?

Comment

• Originally posted by ryno626 View Post
                                Hasn't Hardy had some injury with his foot or ankle that kept him out of the season for the last month or so? Having a bad wheel makes working out a little tough. Maybe he drops to one of our 2nd rounders and he spends the summer in the weight room in a NFL strength and conditioning program then problem solved! Wishful thinking i know.
                                Hardy seems to be healthy now. Don't think he would be a good candidate for an NFL strength and conditioning program to cut weight though. He's not out of shape at 280, he's probably in the process of bulking up to be a fulltime NFL DE in a 4-3. Not good for us though. Won't be fluid enough at 280 to play OLB.

As far as Graham goes, yeah, I think he's a great fit. The problem is that height BS is pretty legit. We just don't draft shorter OLB, unfortunately, even if they're the best player for us. Sucks ass.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information