Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The first round IMO is very tough, do they go WR with Tate and Benn? Do they go OLB with Sapp and Kindle or DL with Odrick and Jones. I don't think we have a shot at Kindle, Sapp scares me in the form of Manny Lawson, he is fast but is he strong to take on tackles? In fact all the tweeners scare me in BB's system. Odrick seems like a very safe pick that fills a need but aren't they looking for playmakers? Golden Tate intrigues me, he has passion, reminds me of Steve Smith and doubles as a returner. For first round to me is Odrick or Tate, TE's are not used enough to warrant 1st round and I like Gronkowski in round 2, reminds me of Heath Miller
    Patriots Draft 2015
    1. CB - Marcus Peters
    2. WR - Sammie Coates
    3. RB - David Johnson
    3. DT - Angelo Blackson
    4. OG - Tre Jackson
    4. DE - Za'Darius Smith
    5. LB - Ben Heeney
    6. TE - Wes Saxton
    7. OG - Jose Matais

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
      Hardy seems to be healthy now. Don't think he would be a good candidate for an NFL strength and conditioning program to cut weight though. He's not out of shape at 280, he's probably in the process of bulking up to be a fulltime NFL DE in a 4-3. Not good for us though. Won't be fluid enough at 280 to play OLB.
      Sounds like I'll have to edit my mock, then. Sapp or Norwood . . . or perhaps I should just pencil Tebow in there . . .

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

As far as Graham goes, yeah, I think he's a great fit. The problem is that height BS is pretty legit. We just don't draft shorter OLB, unfortunately, even if they're the best player for us. Sucks ass.
        Maybe this is where they change this, I dont think Graham is even fluid enough to play OLB but players like Sapp, Hughes, Cunningham, Shofield, Selvie all have that ability but lack the strength to seal
        Patriots Draft 2015
        1. CB - Marcus Peters
        2. WR - Sammie Coates
        3. RB - David Johnson
        3. DT - Angelo Blackson
        4. OG - Tre Jackson
        4. DE - Za'Darius Smith
        5. LB - Ben Heeney
        6. TE - Wes Saxton
        7. OG - Jose Matais

Comment

• being so bored I did a 2-round mock

1-DE-Jared Odrick
          2-OLB-Jerry Hughes
          2-WR-Damian Williams
          2-RB-Jahvid Best
          Patriots Draft 2015
          1. CB - Marcus Peters
          2. WR - Sammie Coates
          3. RB - David Johnson
          3. DT - Angelo Blackson
          4. OG - Tre Jackson
          4. DE - Za'Darius Smith
          5. LB - Ben Heeney
          6. TE - Wes Saxton
          7. OG - Jose Matais

Comment

• That would be a nice haul. I'm still not sure how I feel about drafting a WR this year, though.

Welker's injury was a wake up call at WR, but I'm not sold on NE drafting one this year unless they go big and take Benn/Tate in round 1. Aiken looks to be making great strides, Brandon Tate needs a chance to play and Edelman can be Welker until Welker returns to top form.

Then I realize WR just isn't a round one need and that makes it much less likely we take either of the top prospects. Which probably means that's exactly what will happen. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
              That would be a nice haul. I'm still not sure how I feel about drafting a WR this year, though.

Welker's injury was a wake up call at WR, but I'm not sold on NE drafting one this year unless they go big and take Benn/Tate in round 1. Aiken looks to be making great strides, Brandon Tate needs a chance to play and Edelman can be Welker until Welker returns to top form.

Then I realize WR just isn't a round one need and that makes it much less likely we take either of the top prospects. Which probably means that's exactly what will happen. lol
              lol true enough. they do stuff that surprises us, thats for sure. like last year we had rey m, but they kept trading down, even though we all thought he'd be a beast for us. watch, we will take benn or tebow or something in the first round, and leave all pissed off like usual haha.

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

The thing about Kindle is that he wasn't a good player for Texas for like...half the season this year. Just wasn't a presence on the field at all. The fact he has experience dropping into coverage is nice, but he's damned inconsistent. We have enough of that here already. Also, his pass rush moves, like Orakpo last year, are relatively limited. He just gets by on his athleticism. Granted, he's a good athlete, but we all know how well that works in the NFL. I'm not even sure he will be a first round pick at this point, even after the combine. He would have to run like 4.5 in the forty to get back into that range IMO. Don't think he will either. I would take any of Brandon Graham, Eric Norwood, Greg Hardy, or Jerry Hughes over Kindle and wouldn't lose any sleep. Greg Hardy probably isn't as much of a possibility anymore unless he cuts weight though, given that he just weighed in at 280.
                He moved from OLB to DE this year though. A position change, and more focus on him as the top pass rusher means there is probably going to be a drop off in production. I think that he is going to blow up the combine and that alone will raise him into the first round, even if his tape doesn't already put him there. He would be my favorite pick as of right now, in the first round, but like you said, as long as we get any OLB I'll be at least somewhat happy.
                Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, Texas Longhorns

Comment

• Originally posted by RWills View Post
                  being so bored I did a 2-round mock

1-DE-Jared Odrick
                  2-OLB-Jerry Hughes
                  2-WR-Damian Williams
                  2-RB-Jahvid Best
                  Like the Hughes and Best picks, but Best will be long gone by then. Williams probably will be as well. Not sold on Odrick either.

As far as the Kindle thing goes, it just doesn't smell right to me. The position change shouldn't have phased him, he's been doing enough of both all along. In fact, if they were letting him pin his ears back more this year, he should have been more productive. Pretty sure he was playing an absolute hybrid position this year though. Still, such a big drop off in sacks will certainly go a long way to show you've become more consistent when you're a guy who's consistency has been questioned. Add in the general rawness as a pass rusher and there's some problems for me there. Having watched a bit more of him today, I certainly wouldn't mind taking him, but I would be nervous about it all the way. Reminds me a bit too much of Shawn Crable.
                  Last edited by ElectricEye; 01-21-2010, 09:51 PM.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by RWills View Post
                    being so bored I did a 2-round mock

1-DE-Jared Odrick
                    2-OLB-Jerry Hughes
                    2-WR-Damian Williams
                    2-RB-Jahvid Best
                    There would be very good value in that second round but I doubt those players all fall. Im starting to warm to the idea of getting either Iupati or Ducasse though.I think pass rushers are going to fall because most of them arent pure OLBs or pure DEs and a transition would need to occur.

I wouldn't mind

1. Mike Iupati
                    2. Ricky Sapp
                    2. Jahvid Best
                    2. Eric Norwood

I know Norwood doesnt fir the mold as far as OLBs go but he kinda reminds me of a better version of TBC. If not Norwood im all for trading down into the third and picking up a combination of Matt Tennant/Maurkice Pouncey and George Selvie/Jermaine Cunningham

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• Ricky Sapp...just don't get the hype. He's NEVER been a good player in Clemson and has even more issues with rawness than Kindle. Plus he's EXTREMELY small for a 3-4 OLB. Needs to put on at least fifteen pounds to hold up against NFL offensive tackles.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• My sig tells the perfect draft.

Comment

Ricky Sapp...just don't get the hype. He's NEVER been a good player in Clemson and has even more issues with rawness than Kindle. Plus he's EXTREMELY small for a 3-4 OLB. Needs to put on at least fifteen pounds to hold up against NFL offensive tackles.
                          totally agree

Comment

• Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
                            My sig tells the perfect draft.

ehhh tebow is ok. hughes is perfect. we dont need gilyard, we have brandon tate for that role. and i guess cody is a good fit, i just dont know if they would spend a pick on that guy when we drafted brace last year. who knows at this point lol

Comment

I don't doubt Scott when he says to "keep a very close eye" on the Pats regarding Tebow. I also don't dislike the idea of taking Tebow on as a project "future" QB. But taking him in round one (for any team really) is a bad idea which immediately disqualifies their draft from being labeled "perfect."

Comment

I'd roll the dice on Tebow. Worse comes to worse you could convert him to another position and get some value. I think going that direction probably signals a differant philosophy for the offense but with Moss's career winding down (in my opinion) a change may be necessary.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information