Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would settle for Lawrence Timmons and Sidney Rice in round one, otherwise...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay
      I would settle for Lawrence Timmons and Sidney Rice in round one, otherwise...
      Rice said he probably wont declare for the draft.

And isnt Timmons too small to be a 3-4 OLB? I say we take anthony spencer instead of him.

Comment

• Zbikowski(sp?)

The Safety outta Notre Dame.....definately not in round one but maybe in the 2nd-3rd he could be a possibility

either way were drafting for DT depth, Secondary Talent and Linebacker youth

As for wr's we should be set with Caldwell,Jackson,Kight and Childress

(please detect the sarcasm)^^

Comment

• DT is the least of my worries. We're set with Vince Wilfork and Mike Wright backing him up, we can fill any depth issues in free agency, but playing a 3-4, I am not that worried...

I wouldn't draft a single DT in this draft, not even with a throwaway compensation 7th rounder at the end.

Comment

DT is the least of my worries. We're set with Vince Wilfork and Mike Wright backing him up, we can fill any depth issues in free agency, but playing a 3-4, I am not that worried...

I wouldn't draft a single DT in this draft, not even with a throwaway compensation 7th rounder at the end.
            Wright is a good backup, and Smith should be given the time to adapt to two-gapping.

Comment

• Originally posted by EHobbs27
              Well with the new order it isn't impossible. If somehow Calvin falls to 5 then right now trading both of our 1sts and our 4th would equal us getting to the 5th pick. Arizona has the 5th pick and I'm sure with the 22nd and 28th pick they can add 2 key pieces to their team especially considering Joe Thomas will be gone.

1.) Oakland- Brady Quinn
              2.) Detroit- Joe Thomas
              3.) Cleveland- Alan Branch
              4.) Tampa Bay- HOPEFULLY GAINES ADAMS
              5.) Pats (f/Arizona)- Calvin Johnson

Ohh Please make this happen. PLEASE.
              This scenario would be awesome, no doubt. Brady would go nuts if the front office gave him a true #1 WR to add to his arsenal. You can just tell that he wasn't at all happy when Deion went. People do talk a lot about "tradition" though when draft day comes around. And tradition tells us that Belichick doesn't take Wide Receivers in the first round let alone package and trade up.

However! all that tradition S*** goes out the window when you have 2 First rounders. The leverage that comes with that extra pick means they can make moves like yours EHobbs and still pick up some much needed depth/youth on "D".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynFNxQ3b5-U
              thx ^sig by cardsalltheway^
              Michael Griffin #27

Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork
              the 08 Raiders will be without a doubt the best SB team ever.

Comment

DT is the least of my worries. We're set with Vince Wilfork and Mike Wright backing him up, we can fill any depth issues in free agency, but playing a 3-4, I am not that worried...

I agree 100%. If we were going to convert fully to a base 4-3 defence, then yes DT depth would instantly become a draft need. But until then, Mr. Wright and young Wilfork are all the DT we need.

Michael Griffin #27

Comment

• It’s Rodney’s knee again: Injury may cost safety the playoffs

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/pat...ticleid=174902

The preliminary diagnosis on Patriots safety Rodney Harrison is a sprained medial collateral ligament in his right knee. It is expected to sideline Harrison for Sunday’s playoff opener against the Jets and possibly the entire postseason.
                  James Sanders has big shoes to fill this week. This is nothing new to him though. He has been doing it all season and will show everyone what he's got on Sunday.

Michael Griffin #27

Comment

• Yep no doubt. Stinks about Rodney though. I have this gut feeling after 2 straight seasons of injuries that he may retire after this year.

About the trade up thing, I agree 100% tylaw24. The last draft we had 2 first rounders there were rumors flying around that the Pats were looking to move up to 5 to grab Sean Taylor. Then the year after that we actually did call Baltimore about a trade up for Mark Clayton, but Baltimore stayed there and grabbed him. Then this past year we did trade up.

Now that we have 2 first rounders which most likely will be 22 and 28 (hopefully 32 when we win the Super Bowl). I definately wouldn't leave it out of question. Yes we need some defensive help at LB and possibly CB, but if we trade both 1st rounders and a 4th we would equal the value of the 5th pick. That means we will still have 2nd and 3rd rounders to add defensive help to throw on top of that adding possibly the top rookie WR in decades. Not a bad deal if you ask me.

Comment

• You just have to watch him play. Hes a game changer and a playmaker. He would instantly become our #1 WR if Belichick and co. could work some magic and move into position to grab him. He has excellent body control and can make the tough catches. For those of you who haven't seen before, take a look at this http://youtube.com/watch?v=IOuHzq-cz3s .

Michael Griffin #27

Comment

• Yes, but with him being such an elite talent what makes you think he would even be there at the fifth...

Oakland #1- Could trade Moss for Schaub and take CJ to fill his shoes

Detroit #2- Well Millen is still employed so anything can happen

Cleavland #3- Jurevicius is getting old and the team's old WR is Braylon

Tampa Bay #4 - Clayton has done nothing in the last 2 years and Galloway is 35

Arizona #5 - They will lose their LT this season and will require someone who can actually block...the question is would they dare trade out of the 5 hole if Thomas is avaliable NO they would not....but Thomas most likely would'nt be here so your guess is as good as mine

Comment

• Originally posted by 255979119
                          Yes, but with him being such an elite talent what makes you think he would even be there at the fifth...

Oakland #1- Could trade Moss for Schaub and take CJ to fill his shoes

Detroit #2- Well Millen is still employed so anything can happen

Cleavland #3- Jurevicius is getting old and the team's old WR is Braylon

Tampa Bay #4 - Clayton has done nothing in the last 2 years and Galloway is 35

Arizona #5 - They will lose their LT this season and will require someone who can actually block...the question is would they dare trade out of the 5 hole if Thomas is avaliable NO they would not....but Thomas most likely would'nt be here so your guess is as good as mine
                          I sorta don't get your reasoning for the Browns.

Michael Griffin #27

Comment

• What about Jarrett?

Comment

• If we had the chance to get Calvin then we do it. I'm not sure about DJ though. He definately has talent, but I wasn't very pleased with his on-field antics during the game. That is what makes guys like TO so not enjoyable. Just go play the game and let your game do the talking. That is what got Jerry Rice so successful.

I wouldn't mind Dwayne Bowe though. Watch out for him because I think he would be a great prospect.

Comment

• CJ is a raider no doubt because as u said we r trading moss for a qb. either for schaub or some1 else

u guys wouldnt want moss right? to many off and on field actics for u guys

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                                @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information