X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handel
    started a topic New England Patriots Discussion

New England Patriots Discussion

What happened to the other thread? Automatically deleted because of lack of activity?

Anyway, concerning the next year draft, I wonder if our ILB need (which is the most important imho) will be filled through FA rather than in the first round of the draft. It seems, as for now, that there is no 3-4 ILB who have enough value to be draft in the 20's. At the opposite, there are many DBs who could be interesting : Darrelle Revis, Michael Griffin, Aaron Rouse. I would not be suprised if one or even 2 DBs would be selected in first round by the Pats and no ILB.

• RLundgaard
    replied
    Originally posted by FlyingElvis
    It was constantly crashing so most jumped ship rather than go down with it.
    Where to? :-)

Leave a comment:

• Matthew Jones
    replied
    Tim Wright released. Welp.

Leave a comment:

• descendency
    replied
    Today I was listening to NFL Radio and a caller called in and called Jim (forget his last name) a "Brady apologist" to which he replied with a story (he personally witnessed) about one referee asking another "What are you doing to that? The ball has enough air in it already. Get it out of here."

But somehow it's the Patriots who ruined the integrity of the game by deflating a few balls.

Leave a comment:

• descendency
    replied
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...m_sports_pop_b

The interesting part:

Don’t tell me it’s because Tom Brady didn’t turn over his cell phone. ...
    And here again, Goodell is practicing selective punishment. Brett Favre didn’t turn his cell over, either, in a far more unpalatable case over sexual harassment in the workplace. Know what Goodell gave him? A $50,000 fine. With no suspension.

Leave a comment:

• nepg
    replied
    At least Hernandez wasn't living in the trunk of a car.

Leave a comment:

• descendency
    replied
    If there is one news story line I wish I would never see again when I click "New England Patriots" on PFT (or on ESPN Boston... or anywhere else)... it's not even DeflateGate.

It's ******* waste of life, **** bag **** sucker Aaron Hernandez and how he's going to rot in a prison cell (until someone shanks his sorry ass) for the rest of his life. He could be a millionaire playing a game for work but instead he wanted to be a "gangbanger" with his great new "Lifetime Loyalty" tattoo (Bloods gang).

I just can't wait until he's the equivalent of Rae Carruth and no longer a stain on this great franchises good name.

Leave a comment:

• FlyingElvis
    replied
    Originally posted by nepg View Post
    "them" is supposedly his sister's season tickets, which he was put in charge of selling because she is sick or something.
    ahh. That's right, now I remember reading that. All of this stuff is completely idiotic. It's all irrelevant now. Kraft backing down ends it all as acceptance of guilt, plain and simple.

Leave a comment:

• nepg
    replied
    Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
    There's really only one reasonable explanation for a game day only employee discussing psi and having to "get them done" when his only non-nefarious task is to "schlep balls" as mentioned by the Pats legal team in emails to Wells.
    "them" is supposedly his sister's season tickets, which he was put in charge of selling because she is sick or something.

Leave a comment:

• Jvig43
    replied
    Stupid decision. We were just getting all the momentum to challenge this and we decide to say "na, were good". I couldn't care less if Brady gets his suspension reduced. I just want our first round ******* pick back.

Leave a comment:

• FlyingElvis
    replied
    Good riddance to a stupid story. So, let's discuss something more enjoyable going forward.

How about that starting CB tandem?

Leave a comment:

• FlyingElvis
    replied
    Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
    If they retract those punishments, this entire thing will be one of the biggest jokes Ive ever seen. What a ******* **** show.
    Honestly, it's already the biggest joke I've ever seen. I was spot on from the start: the NFL never gave a **** about this; the refs therefore didn't give a **** about this; nobody really bothered noting any actual pressures ever.

This is a total non story that has become THE BIG DEAL in several news cycles. It's moronic. At this point, I think it's most likely that McNally was given the task of ensuring there would never again be a 16 pound beachball due to ref's complete lack of attention to the psi levels of balls that they found to be low and then inflated. Whether that was by Jastremski via Brady directly/indirectly is up for debate.

Tough to argue the text below is about anything but psi. But the text (and all the 'damning' ones in that string) immediately follows the Jets game.

Jastremski: "Talked to him last night. He actually brought you up and said you must have a lot of stress trying to get them done..." (Oct. 17, 2014)
    There's really only one reasonable explanation for a game day only employee discussing psi and having to "get them done" when his only non-nefarious task is to "schlep balls" as mentioned by the Pats legal team in emails to Wells.

Leave a comment:

• nepg
    replied
    Weird situation. Was the NFL bluffing the whole time and then just folding like a house of cards when the Pats and Brady actually started lawyering up?

Leave a comment:

• Jvig43
    replied
    Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
    Of course it is. Now that both sides look totally idiotic, they'll work towards doing what they should have done in the first place.
    If they retract those punishments, this entire thing will be one of the biggest jokes Ive ever seen. What a ******* **** show.

Leave a comment:

• FlyingElvis
    replied
    Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
    Is this a real thing?
    Of course it is. Now that both sides look totally idiotic, they'll work towards doing what they should have done in the first place.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information