Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jared Gaither to enter Supplementel Draft

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...t=CFB&id=94216

Maryland OT Jared Gaither is expected to enter the NFL's Supplemental Draft if he's not reinstated from suspension by the school.

Scout.com reports Gaither will meet with Terrapin officials this week. If he declares early, Maryland will have lost both its starting tackles, as Stephon Heyer graduated and signed as an undrafted free agent with the Redskins.

There's a small chance we'll draft him, but that depends on how Gruden feels about our depth at the position. I think we can all agree that he'd be a huge upgrade over Denman and Penn. This would be a perfect situation for him because he would be given plenty of opportunity to learn gradually (2-3 years), giving him plenty of time to prepare mentally and physically. I'm not sure just how much patience Gruden still has left, though, after Kenyatta Walker and now Simms.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

wat a dummbie if he cant pass school or try and play it off for 2 yrs. How can he memorize a whole play book

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
        wat a dummbie if he cant pass school or try and play it off for 2 yrs. How can he memorize a whole play book
        That's what the learning curve is for. He will undoubtedly struggle with protection schemes, playbooks, penalties, etc. but he's worth the risk and challenge.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
          That's what the learning curve is for. He will undoubtedly struggle with protection schemes, playbooks, penalties, etc. but he's worth the risk and challenge.
          Completely agree, I don't think anyone would touch him with a Day 1 pick as of this moment in time and it is rare for any player to receive that honor.

I would give a 4th for him but can the Bucs actually give away their 4th round pick or does that potentially nullify the Jake Plummer trade?

Comment

He is bit of a project, but he has freakishly athleticism for a guy 6'9 330!!

Comment

why do people think school smarts is synonomous (sp?) with overall intelligence.....whose to say because he couldnt get quadratic equations and platos philosphy that he woulnd be able to understand football philosphsy

-sig by jkpigskin

Comment

(fart) ...

Comment

I'd use our #2rd pick on him in a heartbeat, and if we don't, someone else will!

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin View Post
                    I'd use our #2rd pick on him in a heartbeat, and if we don't, someone else will!
                    A little too pricey for my liking.

Comment

I say we should go for him, no higher than a 3rd though.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
                      <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
                      <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

I've done a bit of reading and I am almost sure that we do not have the opportunity to use our 4th round pick on him due to it being tied up with the Jake Plummer trade until the end of the season.

Comment

Well,....he's in, roll on July 12th (I beleive?)

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin View Post
                            Well,....he's in, roll on July 12th (I beleive?)
                            Should be an interesting draft considering two players figure to be drafted instead of usually one.

Comment

I will be ticked if the Bucs spend anything higher than a 6th on Gaither. He doesn't have the mental capacity or work ethic to make it in the NFL.

Just shows how much of a moron he is to not have entered the 2007 NFL Draft.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information