And the Roster Cuts Begin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the Roster Cuts Begin

The following players have been released.

WR Jovon Bouknight
    G/C Jonathan Clinkscale
    DE Tim Jones
    T Jabari Levey
    C Nick Mihlhauser
    WR Chad Owens
    DE Jeremy Pittman
    WR Kyle Smith
    FB Zach Tuiasosopo

No huge surprises, but with Owens gone it looks as though Jones is guaranteed his spot as returner.

Yeah, no suprises. I do not think Simms will make the final roster though.
    "If everyone liked the same thing everyone would be after your grandmother."

My Grandfather

Comment

Originally posted by Watchman View Post
      Yeah, no suprises. I do not think Simms will make the final roster though.
      Yeah that is how it is shaping up at the moment. Grads and McCown have looked pretty decent in pre-season and Simms has been lackluster albeit not all his own fault.

Comment

Add Sean Douglas P to the list of those players cut. Matt Herian and Jeb Terry have been placed on IR.

http://buccaneers.com/news/newsdetail.aspx?newsid=5960

Comment

Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
          Add Sean Douglas P to the list of those players cut. Matt Herian and Jeb Terry have been placed on IR.

http://buccaneers.com/news/newsdetail.aspx?newsid=5960

I always hoped Jeb Terry would work his way into the starting rotation. Seemed like he came close in 2005 and 2006, but never could stick. With Joseph and Sears in the fold now I guess he's nothing more than a reserve. I'm really hoping those two guys become the dominant guards the Bucs have never really had.
          "If everyone liked the same thing everyone would be after your grandmother."

My Grandfather

Comment

Originally posted by Watchman View Post
            I always hoped Jeb Terry would work his way into the starting rotation. Seemed like he came close in 2005 and 2006, but never could stick. With Joseph and Sears in the fold now I guess he's nothing more than a reserve. I'm really hoping those two guys become the dominant guards the Bucs have never really had.
            On all accounts that is just what Davin is becoming. I fully expect him to be a top 10 guard after this season and after that who knows. Sears is a little sketchier at the moment because he hasn't played in a proper game but my sights are high for him to. A dominant pair of guards is just what we need to help Caddy regain rookie form.

Comment

On all accounts that is just what Davin is becoming. I fully expect him to be a top 10 guard after this season and after that who knows. Sears is a little sketchier at the moment because he hasn't played in a proper game but my sights are high for him to. A dominant pair of guards is just what we need to help Caddy regain rookie form.
              Maybe if we have two guards who can pull effectively we won't run dive plays all game.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                Maybe if we have two guards who can pull effectively we won't run dive plays all game.
                Just give it time.

Comment

Give what time? The playbook needs to be expanded this year, especially on the ground. We have some athletes on the line and I wouldn't mind seeing us try some "Zone O" plays like Seattle & Washington. Caddy would love it.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Give what time? The playbook needs to be expanded this year, especially on the ground. We have some athletes on the line and I wouldn't mind seeing us try some "Zone O" plays like Seattle & Washington. Caddy would love it.
                    I simply thought you meant the development of the players ie Sears and Joesph which would obviously take time.

Comment

Sears won't be "developed" until my children have children. No I don't have children yet, either.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Sears won't be "developed" until my children have children. No I don't have children yet, either.
                        Your optimism shines through etk.

Comment

Your optimism shines through etk.
                          I'm optimistic we will draft a decent replacement soon enough.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Paris Warren is out for the year. You have to feel bad for the kid who had a good chance at making the active roster. Hopefully he will be back next season.

Comment

Paris Warren is out for the year. You have to feel bad for the kid who had a good chance at making the active roster. Hopefully he will be back next season.
                              He pretty much made the roster before that injury.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information