$30 million under the cap according to Gruden

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $30 million under the cap according to Gruden

"Some people don't understand we have $30 million under the cap next year," Gruden said. "... Anybody that you can send a message to in your newspaper, that's interested in joining us, we will definitely be interested."

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2007/nov...r/?sports-bucs

And they still have the $15 million to use this year, but I think the deadline to use it is coming up. I think you could see long term extensions for Ruud, Joseph and Trueblood soon. They're all still a few years away from free agency but its easier to sign them the further away from free agency they are.

Notable Free Agents that would be good for us...
    DE Justin Smith, put him on the ther side of Adams
    DE Jared Allen, good player but the off-field issues are worrisome.
    DE Terrell Suggs
    CB Nnamdi Asomugha, Barber and Kelly are getting old and Kelly barely plays anyway.
    DT Albery Haynesworth. I'd be careful, he has Sean Gilbert written all over him.

Lee Evans and Tommie Harris are both Free Agents after 2008. I think Harris will re-sign with the Bears before he hits FA but I think Lee Evans is going to test the market and he would be the PERFECT replacement for Galloway.

Jared Allen would be number 1 choice, He would give us a great pass rush, Terrel Suggs would also be very interesting, I just dont no if he can be a full time DE

Comment

Smith or Allen would be terrific LEs. Suggs is the most high-impact of the three but he projects more to the right side. The other 2 are better against the run and I don't want our defensive line to look like the Rams'.
      Asomugha would be great, moving Buchanon to nickel and ending the Kelly era. I've always been intrigued as to having a big corner because of how intimidating Bolden looked on the field (too bad he sucked).
      Once again, Haynesworth would be exactly the stuffer we need at NT. He would also help Gaines because he pushes the pocket so well.

Getting any of those guys would step our defense up to the next level IMO. I'd prefer drafting a CB and signing defensive lineman, so Smith, Allen & Haynesworth should be the targets.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky View Post
        Jared Allen would be number 1 choice, He would give us a great pass rush, Terrel Suggs would also be very interesting, I just dont no if he can be a full time DE
        Allen is also tremendous in run support and pursuit. He's my number 1 as well, just ahead of Haynesworth. Exactly on Suggs.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I am very excited for this offseason, My prediction is that we win our first playoff game and then lose to GB/DAL, and then we can build on our progress in the offseason, and even having the luxury of spending our 2nd/3rd rounder on the likes of Erik Ainge who we can develop, or even taking one of the big 3 QB's if they happen to fall. And then being big players in the free agent market.

Comment

Greg White has been playing pretty damn good, I really don't think we need an upgrade there, we could use one for depth but I say lets keep Kevin Carter, Spires will retire, and we draft a LDE in 2009.

I think we could use an upgrade at wide receiver. Bryant Johnson or Patrick Crayton would be able to step in and I don't think we would need to draft a receiver.

Michael Turner is an option. He is going to be expensive, but he would be great to start the season with and then he and Cadillac would destroy with the OL we have.

I would like an upgrade at center but it doesn't look like there are a lot of options for us in the market.

Haynesworth will be too expensive for us considering what we already have and I don't think an upgrade at DT is necessary, we could get better bang for out buck with the options i mentioned above imo. A less expensive option might be Tommy Kelly DL from Oakland. 6'6 300 I think he would be great for us, but Jovan Haye is playing great and Greg Peterson and Ryan Sims are flashing their potential so I think we don't need to sign a DT.
            Last edited by BucSappy; 11-25-2007, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Just so you know, the deadline to use this year's cap money has passed.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Can we trade salary cap to another team to move up higher in the draft or acquire another pick?

Comment

Originally posted by BucSappy View Post
                  Greg White has been playing pretty damn good, I really don't think we need an upgrade there, we could use one for depth but I say lets keep Kevin Carter, Spires will retire, and we draft a LDE in 2009.

I think we could use an upgrade at wide receiver. Bryant Johnson or Patrick Crayton would be able to step in and I don't think we would need to draft a receiver.

Michael Turner is an option. He is going to be expensive, but he would be great to start the season with and then he and Cadillac would destroy with the OL we have.

I would like an upgrade at center but it doesn't look like there are a lot of options for us in the market.

Haynesworth will be too expensive for us considering what we already have and I don't think an upgrade at DT is necessary, we could get better bang for out buck with the options i mentioned above imo
                  Crayton or johnson wouldnt do much for us, we really need a player who we can groom as our future number 1 once galloway moves on. Greg White still has a whole lot to prove before we disregard LDE as a need. Michael Turner would be interesting, but I would probably rather have a felix jones with our first roud pick than break the bank on turner. Also Graham has looked great so i think its unfair to completely right him off, a healthy caddilac and graham woudl be a very good tandem

Comment

Can we trade salary cap to another team to move up higher in the draft or acquire another pick?
                    Ummmmm...no.

Comment

Wait, why do we want Haynesworth?

Comment

Haynesworth will be too expensive for us considering what we already have and I don't think an upgrade at DT is necessary, we could get better bang for out buck with the options i mentioned above imo. A less expensive option might be Tommy Kelly DL from Oakland. 6'6 300 I think he would be great for us, but Jovan Haye is playing great and Greg Peterson and Ryan Sims are flashing their potential so I think we don't need to sign a DT.
                        Keep Kevin Carter? Have you gone mental? He's so slow he can't even move on the field. We have to cut ties with him. Spires is about equally as useless. He's gone downhill fast. That leaves us with Greg White, Gaines Adams & Patrick Chukwurah. All 3 of those guys are natural RDEs in our system. We need to draft a LDE in the first 3 rounds if we don't sign a high-impact FA.

Bryant Johnson and Patrick Crayton are not good options at WR. Until Stovall proves his worth, we need someone who can go vertical. Crayton doesn't really bring much to the table besides being another Ike Hilliard, and Johnson sucks.

Turner would rush for at least 1300 in our offense. He would be fantastic, but we'd have to trade Caddy to make it worthwhile.

We need another NT. Our UT situation is fine and loaded with young talent, but Hovan is declining. There's no use signing someone to upgrade him, but another draft pick could do the trick. I'm not in favor of signing Tommy Kelly, his reputation is one of suckage. Ask any Raiders fan.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Bryant Johnson definitely doesn't suck. When he got the chance to start last year he put up some good production.

Comment

Originally posted by JAlexander View Post
                            Bryant Johnson definitely doesn't suck. When he got the chance to start last year he put up some good production.
                            The same type of production we can get from our very own Ike Hilliard.

Comment

Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
                              The same type of production we can get from our very own Ike Hilliard.
                              But Johnson is like 7-8 years younger.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information